Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Best of the Rest    Beauty & the Beast

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Beauty & the Beast
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
okay so they made a new Beauty & the Beast tv show based on the characters from the old show of the late '80's-early '90s. Here's my 2 cents:

old version:

Pros:

*Great cast, name guest-stars
*Great chemistry between top 2 stars
*Great self-contained eps
*Great villains
*Great atmosphere

Cons:

*Little to no character development
*Little to no change in relationship of B&B
*Linda Hamilton leaves with season 3, her character is killed off
*New "beauty" is no beauty & she sucks
*Beast becomes superhero-ish & stories then suck

New series:

Pros:

*Young cast is competent & get better quickly
*Character development is good
*Continuous story adds excitement
*Takes on plot-holes from old series & addresses them well

Cons:

*Beast is human looking & only looks beastly when he gets mad = stoopid Twilight-like crap
*Cheesy AOR music sucks
*Stories are not too well written or are generic at best
*Beast background story is annoying
*B&B relationship not dynamic as was that in the old series

They should bring in one of my wives as the beauty and me as the beast. Tho then it'd be too unbelievable to think beauty would love the beast!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Season finale was tonite. i was disappointed in one way as i had hoped they would transform the Beast into looking beastly and not just a guy with scars who eyes change color when he gets kicked. It's like that Twilight crap in this way.

After i did get done with Xena season 4, i probably start watchin eps of the original series, at least season 1 & 2. Season 3 of B&B is as bad as if not worse than S5 of Xena.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Kristin Kreuk aka the Beauty

"Sheesh, being an xc wife does mean hiding in the basement from the beastly mr xc!"

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
New eps of the show begin first week of October.

In the meantime, i's watching the original Linda Hamilton series on dvd. Been several years since i re-watched the whole series. Well, at least the first 2 seasons cuz the 3rd sucked when Linda left.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
B&B dbl feature tonite.

1st up is the original series. i'm halfway thru season 1. Forgot how great a series it was. Excellent self-contained shows. Linda Hamilton was most definitely a beauty then.

1st ep of season 3 of the new series. Catherine is hotter looking- best thing going here. The story was ok. The beast? They took away his scar. i was hoping they'd make him more beast looking. Are they afraid to take a stand bout looks & vanity? Still the stoopid cheesy music. Bleeeeech!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Old B&B: i have 3 eps of S2 left. Won't be watchin S3 as it sucks. Then i move on to Twin Peaks.

New B&B: It was okay for awhile but now gettin dumb again. They need to make the beast a real beast. Stop with the Twilight version.