Find
Notify
Tools
Firefly...
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted
Ok, so I know Firefly isn't exactly new, but it's NEW to me!!! I am halfway through season one and I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I can't belive I missed out on it for so long!!! Bad Tiggs, BAD!

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Yes, awesome show. Can't believe it got cancelled.

I also found a Serenity comic the other day which was co-written by Joss Whedon. That will help with your withdrawals.

Jayne rocks and Kaylee is the best. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted Hide Post
Kaylee is the best!!!! I adore her! Who is she in real life? Jayne is ok, but I am a bit more partial to the Captian, myself.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit more partial to Zoe.

It seems that, in order for something to be truly considered in the genre of "action woman" drama/comedy, Gina Torres must appear in it.

Xena, Angel (so sort of Buffy), Alias, Firefly, the Matrix.

~~~~~~~~~~

Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
zoe..my favorite gina torres role

next you need to watch the movie 'serenity'

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted Hide Post
Oh don't get me wrong, I love Gina Torres, have ever since Herc. She is amazing. But I thought Kaylee's character was a bit more unique, definately something I didn't expect.

Ok..now the real reason for coming here to post. THAT'S IT??? THAT'S ALL THERE IS? THESE 2O SOMETHING SHOWS AND A MOVIE? I am so sad now, I want more. This is like a cruel joke. Frown Frown Frown

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I told ya - comic book.

With a full page spread of ... Kaylee. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Arista turned me into a BrownCoat.
Without a doubt, one of my favorite shows ever.

I loves me some Kaylee, but I have to admit I adore the entire cast. Wasn't too fond of Inara at first, but grew to like her as well.

Good taste Tiggs. Next see what you think of Wonderfalls. Not SciFi, but oh so good.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I watched one episode of Wonderfalls and I wanna see the rest of it, but it's not available yet on DVD in Australia.

It seemed like a really fun, quirky, unique show.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted Hide Post
Ahhh...now if only I could actually see well enough to read the comics. I may have to give 'er a go though.

Thanks shawn. Glad you think I have good taste, not everyone agrees. (not talking about any of u guys)

Isn't the actress who plays Kaylee in Wonderfalls? Did u know she also used to play in a show on The Disney Channel. I couldn't figure out, for the life of me, why I knew her. Untill I saw that.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Kaylee is played by actress Jewel Staite. And yes, she was in "Wonderfalls." She plays poor Eric's cheating estranged wife, Heidi.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Is Heidi the one who moved in with a woman, and then Eric turned up on her front doorstep and they had sex?

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Argeaux:
Is Heidi the one who moved in with a woman, and then Eric turned up on her front doorstep and they had sex?

Uhh, not that I remember. Heidi is the one who Eric married. Eric went out to get something and came back to the hotel to find her doing some interesting sexual things with the bellboy. She had an obsession with the thread count of sheets and Eric said the high count in the hotel sheets must've gotten her excited.

That's how he ended up in Niagra... they were on their honeymoon and after she broke his heart, he just never went home.

I think you're thinking about the Russian mail-order bride episode. Different people. Wink

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Okay - scroller gathering!!!!!!! I think we should all meet in a central location - sayyyyyyy Hawaii? and have a Firefly/Serenity/Wonderfalls whatch-in.

Then we all must run to the ocean and dive in naked!

It's Friday, it's been a long week and I really have no other explanation for what I just typed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
LOL - not sure what got into me this morning.

Hawaii? Must have just been the first thing to pop in my head.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted Hide Post
Hey, I'm all for a trip to Hawaii, and all that other fun stuff too!

Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted Hide Post
I finally watched Serenity, got to admit, I didn't like it nearly as much as the series. It was still good, but I think I just like the continuing stories better.

Scroller
posted Hide Post
Firefly was another work of genius by Joss Whedon. I loved Mal and worshiped Wash.

One of my favorite set of lines was between Kaylee and Wash.

K:Wash, tell me I'm pretty.
W:If I were unwed, I'd take you in a manly fashin.
K:Because I'm pretty?
W:Because you're pretty.

Gorram Fox didn't know what a good thing they had and screwed it over >_<

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post