Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Best of the Rest    Veronica Mars
Page 1 2 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Veronica Mars
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Did anyone else catch this show last night? It's supposed to be the "new 'Buffy'" - only without the supernatural element. Confused

Here's the synopsis of the show (general background, no specific spoilers) courtesy TV Tome:

quote:
VERONICA MARS is set in the wealthy, seaside community of Neptune, where the rich and powerful make the rules, own the town and the high school, and desperately try to keep their dirty little secrets just that... secret. Unfortunately for them, there's Veronica Mars (Kristen Bell) a smart, fearless 17-year-old, apprentice private investigator dedicated to solving the town's toughest mysteries.

During the day, Veronica must still negotiate high school like any average teenage girl. Along with fellow outcast, sophomore Wallace Fennel (Percy Daggs III), she bravely maneuvers her classes, wary of former in-crowd friends, like ex-boyfriend Duncan Kane (Teddy Dunn) and his best friend Logan Echolls (Jason Dohring), and edgy outsiders, like Weevil (Francis Capra) and his P.C.H. Bike Club boys.

At night, Veronica looks after her former-Sheriff father Keith Mars (Enrico Colantoni) and helps with his struggling, new private investigator business. By sneaking through back alleys and scoping out no-tell motels with a telescopic-lens camera and her math book, Veronica attempts to uncover the California beach town's darkest secrets, including who killed her best friend and Duncan's sister, Lilly, and created a scandal that cost her father his job, his home and wife.

Pushed to the edge of this multicultural, venomous little Peyton Place, Veronica Mars relentlessly continues to search for evidence that will clear her father's name and get her back into the "in-crowd," but what she finds may tear the town of Neptune apart at the seams.

Anyways, it wasn't too bad, but I reserve judgment until I've seen a few more episodes.

If you missed it, it's on again on Friday night at 9 pm ET on UPN. Check your local listings, etc., etc.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
Picture of Kym Taborn
posted Hide Post
Howdy!

I have seen two episodes and I like it. i am definitely going to follow it. I hope they don't cancel it or anything. i am still tender from Wonderfalls' demise.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kym Taborn:
Howdy!

I have seen two episodes and I like it. i am definitely going to follow it. I hope they don't cancel it or anything. i am still tender from Wonderfalls' demise.

Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one watching this show!

Yes... beloved Wonderfalls. Many a tear has been shed for that show. So good. Too good for Fox.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Did anyone else watch this season? If not, buy the DVDs (should be out in the Fall)! You will NOT be disappointed!

And regarding the season finale... totally didn't see that one coming! Clearly, Veronica Mars is smarter than me.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I yelled at the tv screen.

I screamed warnings of impending doom such as "ahh, look out!" "no, Veronica, don't do it!".

I was on the edge of my seat...well, bed technically.
I gave myself a little bitty asthma attack.

Now THAT'S a good season finale!

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
i tivo'ed the finale last night, but my tv just burned up so i can't actually watch it (or read what y'all have posted)

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
That finale rocked. Smile

And this show has so gotten under my skin. I didn't like it at first 'cause I couldn't get into Kristin Bell... but that girl grew on me. And these last few eps, I've been totally into it. I especially like Logan/Veronica, hehe.

But really, couldn't have been a better finale! Cool to know others watch it here. Smile

~Gabber

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
i would like to thank tivo 'on the go' for allowing me to read this thread Smile

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Found out something interesting the other day. My GF was good friends with Rob Thomas all through college. She knew he'd briefly written for Dawson's Creek, but had no idea he'd gone on to be all Hollywood with his own show. I'll see if she has any old pics we can scan and post just for the hell of it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Wasnt LL supposed to be on this week ..??

I got all wrapped up in LOST & forgot to even peek at it.

Doesnt anyone remember her ??
She was in this great lil Campy cult show.....

Something aboiut a princess or a warrior.....??? Confused

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
She was on. They are repeating her episode this Saturday in my area. You should see if your local UPN is doing the same, Brucy

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
It's repeating here tonight at 9pm.

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
So I got the first season on DVD and I'm more and more addicted with each episode. I love the whole Nancy Drew feel to it. I still haven't seen hardly any of season 2. In fact I think the only episode that I've seen is the one with Lucy.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tickled:
when is season 3? october?

They say October 3

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
"faith.. you give it to the people you love
but the people who really deserve it
are the ones who come through
even when you don't love them enough"

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Yet another reason why Veronica Mars / Kristen Bell rocks ...http://www.thenydog.com/

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by conTrary:
she sure has a thing for the bad boys

Oh, the angsty, angsty LoVe.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I heart this show.

"Monkey? As in..."

"Touch my. Yeah"

And oh how I loved the Canada scene. Awesomeness.

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:
I heart this show.

it's the awesome-ist Big Grin

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
i can't believe only 3 or 4 people watch this show

anywayz..kristen bell makes me laugh

Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
I love the show but I've I'm going by DVD seasons.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post