Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Best of the Rest    Charmed Action Figures

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Charmed Action Figures
 Login/Join 
Scroller
Picture of Livius
posted
Charmed is now joining the ranks as one of the shows to have action figures based on characters (Buffy: The Vampire Slayer and Angel already have action figures/statues out there). The first ever Charmed Line of Figures include Piper, Phoebe and Paige as well as Phoebe's former husband's demonic alter ego Balthazar.

I got my on pre-order from Amazon.com and got them last week. I have to say I do hope this is but the first wave of upcoming Charmed figures.

~ Livius

"Everyone gets a chance to burn - take it as a lesson learned."

Posts: 6 | Location: OK | Registered: 27 July 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I'd like to see a Prue.

bet they don't

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
They should do a second series, with Prue, Chris, Leo and Grams.

They won't though. It'll be like Spider-man and X-Men lines, with each series having a slightly different Spidey or Wolverine. It'll probably be Piper, Phoebe and Paige in different outfits and then probably a random demon. Or another variation of Phoebe.

Either way, they'll probably never make it to Australian shores, or if they do they'll only be in small numbers in obscure little collectable sheeps deep within the city.

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I want a collectible sheep.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
LOL, I have NO idea where sheep came from!

My mind must have been elsewhere smash

Scroller
Picture of Livius
posted Hide Post
The chance of seeing a Prue action figure is very slim as Shannen is or was in negotions earlier this year to have her image used on Charmed again which would have allowed them to make an action figure of her as well as got the ball rolling on DVD's.

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
So it's Shannen holding back the DVD's is it?

or the fact they need permission to use her episodes or images or some crap?

I want dvd's NOW...lol

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
That doesn't sound quite right to me.

Usually actors sign contracts before a show that allows the producers to use any images taken of them, during production.

An example - Melinda Clark was completely unaware at the London Chariots Of War convention that an action doll had even been made of her character from Xena.

Once you appear on the show, you lose all rights to your image, as long as you are representing that character.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Maybe it was something that happened when she left the show.

Ch 10 never even shows repeats of the seasons prue is in anymore.. *sigh*

I dunno.. Frown

Scroller
Picture of Livius
posted Hide Post
Shannen was the big star of Charmed (before Alyssa replaced the first Phoebe). She had a clause in her contract that stated all character likeness belonged to her - which is why during Season Five's Clip Episode, we didn't get to see Prue, only her backside and that was a stunt model anyway and why they used the clip of Prue being a dog.

I will find the article and post it.

Scroller
Picture of Livius
posted Hide Post
This all accurate, and the DVD info is nothing new and what I have heard many times repeated and from very reliable sources.

Is Prue going to be back as a ghost, being, different plot (Is Shannen coming back on the series?)OH MY LORD!, Every single year since Shannen Doherty left the show the same rumor has been sent around for every season premiere and every season finale, and to let everyone know put it into your minds that Shannen Doherty will never be on Charmed again, she does not wish to be back on the show and she won't even give her permission for Charmed DVD's even if she if payed a HEFTY sum, and trust me it's HEFTY!

When are there going to be Charmed DVD'S?
Another one! Charmed will not be out on DVD because of the fact that the music as well as some of the actor (namely Shannen) will not give there written consent for their music, or appearance to be on the show and without their permission they cannot produce those DVD's so no there will be no Charmed DVD's for a while.... if ever.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
What's the source?

~~~~~~~~~~

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I'll give you another explaination as to why that information about Charmed DVDs doesn't sound right to me.

If you go to the Offical WB Shop you will clearly see that there is a Charmed soundtrack for sale, and a book with Shannen's face peering out from the cover.

If Shannen had complete control over her 'image', I doubt it would appear on a Charmed book.

If the composer won't give permission for music to be used on the DVDs, why is there a soundtrack?

I couldn't imagine any actor or musician not wanting to see DVDs sold - they will benefit from the profits.

The ONLY thing that might have happened is that some form of contract was signed that says they will get a certain percentage of the DVD profits, and they might be playing hardball to try to get more.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I remember reading something about the music issue before. I can't find the exact article, but here are a couple from TV ShowsOnDVD.com

Charmed - The REAL story about Charmed DVDs!
Posted by David Lambert
10/22/2003
After two previous rumors about DVD releases of this show didn't pan out, we are pleased to bring you some REAL, concrete information - direct from the studio - about this title.

As you probably know, TVShowsOnDVD site owner Gord Lacey spent today at the TV DVD Conference in Los Angeles.

During the conference, Paramount had a recorded presentation about their TV-to-DVD properties, and Charmed was mentioned. There was no release timeframe given, but it IS headed to DVD eventually. However, a spokesman from Paramount pointed out to Gord that their home video rights for Charmed don't go into effect until 2005. So there is no possibility of DVD releases for this show prior to that time.

Music issues may still affect this release; we really don't know what the status of that situation is. Stay tuned, though, and we'll continue to keep a close eye on the DVD status of this series.

and then there's this little tidbit which is basically just the same as the other article, just a more recent reminder:

Charmed - Reminder: Charmed in 2005
Posted by Gord Lacey
5/01/2004
This is what we call a non-news item, but people keep asking so we felt the need to post something. Charmed will be released in late-2005 at the earliest. This is when Paramount will retain the home video rights to the series and can look into released it on DVD.

Please spread this information on Charmed message boards and websites. We get a few emails a day asking us when the show will be released even though we posted the 2005 information awhile ago.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I came across those as well, but I didn't throw them into the discussion because they weren't realeased on an official site.

Still, they seem to give strong reasons why the release has been delayed. Good news if the DVDs are out in 2005, hey? Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroller
Picture of Livius
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's the source?

Try visiting one of the many Charmed boards out there or the ones with accurate news like www.thecharmedones.com

What I posted has been given by a reliable source. If you don't believe that, I'm not asking you too but the person has been right on many things regarding plots and storylines for season's past.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I'd still like to know who your source is, so I can go and look.

~~~~~~~~~~