Notify
Tools
Chiana
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
I was waiting to see you again for such a long time so I could tell you that I have finished watching all of Farscape (finally), including the Peacekeeper Wars.

I must say that Seasons 1 and 2 were my favourites. I didn't mind some of Season 3, but I found Crighton starting to get a bit irritating in Season 4. Too much shouting.

I was worried that the mini-series would suck, but was pleasantly surprised. I REALLY enjoyed the story and even the ending was cool.

My nephew gave me the DVD set of the 2nd season, and I'm slowly getting the Starburst editions of the first season episodes. I also have two Aeryn Sun dolls.

So, tell me, do you still watch it? What were your thoughts, over all?

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
They don't play it here hardly. On occasion Sci-Fi will play it during the day. That's always nice.

I loved the first 2 seasons and then, predictably for me, they started messing with the cast I'd grown fond of, and I didn't like it. Right after the episode where Zhaan died, I started to lose that loving feeling. I was in such denial about Zhaan really being dead too. I kept thinking Stark would bring her back or something. People aren't supposed to die in sci-fi, those aren't the rules! smash I really liked the episode, Scratch and Sniff, though.

The fourth season, I was just over the whole will they or won't they crap with Aeryn and John! I think I spent most of that season yelling, "You're both idiots!" at the screen. Unrealized Reality was very cool. Rygel as D'Argo was awesome! I liked Aeryn as Chiana too.

I think the second season was my favorite. There was a vibe of unity with the crew, despite their differences. And the characters themselves were so interesting. I loved the way Zhaan could handle Rygel. I liked John and Chiana's sibling like relationship. And the way that Aeryn and D'Argo sort of have this warrior understanding. I like how they all related to Pilot, and I loved watching him get annoyed with them.

The mini series was great. Didn't like seeing D'Argo die. Kinda wished Sikozu hadn't been a traitor. But what are you gonna do?

Isn't Aeryn Sun delicious? Claudia Black should always wear black leather. Not that she wouldn't look hot in anything, it's just my personal preference. She guest starred on an episode of Stargate and I drooled the whole time. Speaking of Stargate, Ben Browder's going to be on it next season.

I just started renting the first season of Carnivale, 2 episodes at a time. Have you seen it? I think I'm falling in the love with it. Very cool! Have you seen The 4400? I'm in the love with that one too. I'm a TV series nympho!

(Daddy what's a nympho? The nympho is...the state bird of Ohio...)-50 First Dates.

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I never really took to Sikozu, but I REALLY liked the old woman.

I got the atrocious Farscape game for my computer. The only good thing was that you can copy sound files, and the actual actors voiced the game characters.

As a result I now have Aeryn Sun saying "Let's go then" when I start my computer and "Shhh, silence!" when I shut down. Awesome! Big Grin

My friend keeps nagging me to watch Carnivale. I must do that when it's on TV here again. At the moment it's in hiatus.

I saw the mini-series for the 4400. I'm not sure if they have started to play the other episodes here.

I'm so heavily addicted to Law and Order that there's not a lot of time for other cool shows in my schedule.

Alias is my love, at the moment. Slowly making my way through all the episodes as I hire them on DVD.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
I love doing sound stuff with my computer. When a buddy signs on AIM I hear Xena saying, "Go horsey, whew!" And when they sign off Callisto says, "Love to chat, but, gotta go!"

The 4400 begins new episodes here in June.

My sister's been bugging me about Carnivale for a while. So now I'm bugging her about Lost.

I used to watch Alias, but it was brought to my attention that I hog the T.V. So I had to compromise a few shows. I'll just rent them all on DVD.

See, that Farscape game makes me think that there should be an association of us fans who get these video game licenses. Because we could create games based on what makes us passionate about these shows. Which I think is the best way to make something like that work. Look at all the crappy Buffy games. We all know something far more amazing and cool can come from Buffy and Farscape and Xena games. I mean, damn, the work is practically done for these people and they still come up with this unengaging crap.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Oh DON'T get me started on crap Buffy games.

The funny thing is, though, as crap as the game is you can still get a lot of enjoyment 'being' the characters.

The Farscape game did have some fun moments. Chiana was running around using a piece of Aeryn's prowler as a weapon. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
The voice acting was good in that game. I also liked how Chiana got to go off by herself, true to form.

I liked Noranti too. I like what she said to Scorpy about admiring his ability to comparmentalize his duplicity.

I know what you mean about enjoying being the characters. On Sim's Bustin Out I had a mini Sunnydale going on. (as well as any other show you could make a sim look like) It made that game more interesting. I had Willow hooked up with both Tara and Oz.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Did you like how you got to send Rygel into tiny spaces in the Farscape game? I thought that was pretty cool.

Also, how you could make D'Argo use his tongue to knock people out!

Zhaan wielding a gun was a bit of a stretch.

I really liked the 'Scape ep where Noranti and Rygel were getting into Earth culture. They way they knew about all the TV shows and which junk foods to try.

I haven't made my Sims into any TV characters, but that's not a bad idea. I might just do that if/when I get my hands on Sims 2. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
It's hilarious making Rygel do stuff. I always thought he was so funny being all little and having such a gigantic ego. And so offended when he had to do anything "beneath" himself! That episode where they all switch bodies is hysterical!

D'Argo's tongue thingy is so cool! I wonder who would win a fight between Luxans and Klingons? I'm thinking the tongue gives Luxan's that, I don't have to pull ot my weapon, edge.

It's always been so weird seeing Zhaan with any sort of weapon, or being angry. It's like, aren't you supposed to be all 9th level evolved or something? Can't you deflect bullets like Neo? Or like she could be all observational but without participation. People might get bored with that on an action show I guess. But it's really just my stereotype of a highly spiritual being. Maybe they do kick ass?

That was funny watching them all react to earth culture. It was weird seeing them in bright colored clothes. And Chiana hitting on little John! I wonder about the effects of all of that on the future John. The Star Trek federation would be pissed.

You know what else I love? Translator microbes! I could use some of those! Language learning for the lazy. Big Grin

I would love to play the Sims 2! Makes me feel like saying,"to hell with all this money saving and plan making crap! I'm going to get a gaming computer and I'll see you in a few years!" Are you playing that one with the Black Eyed Peas in it? Ever since I played that one I've had Black Eyed Peas songs,in simlish, stuck in my head. ...wanawa wanawa wa wana wanawana wa wa wana... Big Grin

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I've not played the Sims with the Black Eyed Peas. I'm fairly new to Sim culture.

I do like the way my Sims talk. One of them sounds like she's saying "Go bibby bah!" to me, every time I run past her.

I swear my Sim says "Fug orf!" every time he's too tired to do something. Cracks me up. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~