Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Best of the Rest    American Idol
Page 1 2 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
American Idol
 Login/Join 
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
no. it will be on TONIGHT at 7pm Central, and the live results show will follow it.

also, 24 was bumped off by the prez, too. it will be aired Sunday night (not sure about the time. 8pm Central i think...)

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
Thanks eyezoom! So, that's 8pm Pacific Time for us. Good thing we set up the vcr just in case we're late coming home.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i was wrong about the results show, though--it's tonight.

and 24 will be on at 8 Central Sunday...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
Finally JPL is gone!
Our favorites are:
La Toya
Fantasia
Jennifer
Jasmine
Diana
George
Jon

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
We were totally surprised when the three Divas (La Toya, Fantasia & Jennifer) were the bottom three. What a twist!

This contest is getting exciting!

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
*sheepish grin* Now, you know it's not like me to get praises on my AI reviews and then not come around for two weeks and not do them...but life has been hectic...so sorry that I haven't been able to entertain ya'll. Wink

I wanted to say though...that bottom three really surprised me this week! It just didn't seem right to have those three down there.

Was anyone else annoyed that when George found out he was safe and told to go to the best group, he automatically went to the divas? That annoyed me. It was like a slap in the face to the other three in group B. Which two of them didn't deserve that (Diana and Jasmine-- I was glad Simon gave them props on the results show). And was anyone else annoyed that the divas automatically assumed they were the top group too and held out there arms to George when he was walking over? That just didn't hit me as cool.

I wish Fantasia had been the one to leave out of those three. Too bad to see Jennifer go just as she was starting to hit a good stetch of performances. I was interested to see what else she could do. She was one of the few contestants that was actually growing during the process. Ah well though, that's what teenybopper speed dialing does. Razz

~Gabber

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gabber:
*Was anyone else annoyed that when George found out he was safe and told to go to the best group, he automatically went to the divas? That annoyed me. It was like a slap in the face to the other three in group B.

oh, I don't think so. Ryan didn't say where to go and George was obviously confused. He hedged for a minute and then just picked the more likely group. That's how I saw it anyway. I would've picked that group, too, if I had to choose who I thought was at the top.

Smile

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
What annoyed me (TwinXena #1) was it took George so long to join Group A which I assumed was the best group while I (TwinXena #2) thought which group was THE best?

A lot of assumptions went wrong that night. Among the three divas, we favor La Toya because she looks classy and mature. With Fantasia & Jennifer, they have an attitude.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TwinXenas:
With Fantasia & Jennifer, they have an attitude.

Word.

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
well, jennifer's gone. you all know what this means *starts splashing petrol all over the place...lights a match* don't say i didn't warn you.

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
trying not to spoil it for others but re: last night's (4/28) voted out contestant.

Buh-bye! Smile

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
Who will go tonight? We are afraid Jasmine will. Frown Frown We were patiently waiting for someone to sing "Last Dance", but no one did.

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
America has no taste. I think last night was the last episode for me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
2 words - shock & awe.Eek Eek
Finally Donna Summer sang "Last Dance". Couldn't help remembering Lucy & Renee singing it at the 2001 Pasadena Convention.

"Worry is the darkroom in which negatives can develop."

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
The finale should be yawn-worthy. I was looking forward to LaToya and Fantasia. Now, not so much.

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Anybody ever notice how Ruben just kind of disappeared?

That proves even though you win American Idol, it doesn't necessarily mean you're going to be the best. I blame this all on teenyboppers voting 2,000 times a night in order to have their fave still in the top 12. If we had a fair voting system where only one vote per phone line was allowed, I think this would be a MUCH different finale (as well as a show overall). We'd REALLY get the public's opinion. Not teenyboppers.

I swear though, I basically lost interest once Latoya was voted off. She blew everyone out of the water.

I watched last week, but I wasn't emotionally invested. I can acknowledge that Fantasia is the best of the ones left (you all know from my earlier reviews that I have never been a Fantasia fan)...but I'm just not invested. I'll be watching the finale PURELY to see the oldies but goodies coming back for the group numbers.

~Gabber

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
Yeah, whatever happened to Ruben?

Between Fantasia & Diana, we like Diana to win, but we won't be burning the phones lines on finale night.

<double yawn>

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
YAY FANTASIA!!!

i admit, Diana came a long way during the competition and she does have a set of pipes on her, no doubt about it. but i really feel like Fantasia was hands down the best. tuesday night when she sang "I Believe" was nothing short of amazing. it's been a long time since i was moved by a musical performance like that. she gave me chills--i'm so happy for her.

i've more or less watched American Idol from the start--for the most part i thought the ones who won were good enough, with some stupid blunders like voting people like Tamyra & Jennifer & LaToya off way too soon that only served to make it interesting. but Fantasia is really something special. watching her Tuesday, i thought maybe this is how it must have felt to see a young Aretha Franklin for the first time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zoom,

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
*sighs* Y'know...... I was Fantasia's biggest critic, and my reviews on this thread show it..... but....

I was happy to see her win it on Tuesday.

She really began to grow on me these last few weeks -- it was like she still had personality but she wasn't having as much attitude, and was more gracious with the judges. Plus, her performances began maturing as well...and man, she made me like her!

That "I Believe" song is so cool. Way better than any other American Idol song they've had as a single. Go Tamyra for great writing skills. Smile Who else felt like Fantasia was in her element when she was singing that and dancing around with the gospel choir? Hehe. Plus, man, her final performance of it actually was very moving.

Ooh, and I REALLY liked the slow version of Kelly Clarkson's song, "Beautiful Disaster." I always thought that song had the most gorgeous lyrics but the music just didn't quite fit the lyrics...all fast-paced and bouncy. But with just the piano and all slow last night, it was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Ruben's song sucked though. lol, sorry, I'm really not diggin' his music. Razz

A great night. Diana did wonderfully on the finale, but...Fantasia did wonderfully throughout the whole last half of the season, so I believe she deserved it. Well, no, LATOYA deserved it but she got kicked out, so bleh. Razz

All in all, not too bad of an ending...and SO loving "I Believe."

~Gabber

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
When I heard the "I Believe" song at first Diana was singing it. I was completely underwhelmed and frankly not liking the song despite really wanting to like it cause Tamyra Grey wrote it.
Less than an hour later Fantasia sang 'I Believe' and I was ready to run out to buy the single.
For me, that was when I decided that Fantasia truly was something special.
I think I'm now a fan.

(Still, I wonder what a Fantasia / LaToya final two would have been like. *sigh*)