Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Best of the Rest    New TV Season- What to Watch?????
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
New TV Season- What to Watch?????
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Over the summer i watched season 3 of my favorite all-time tv series, Twin Peaks. It came back on after 25 some years and on Showtime (which i currently no longer subscribe to, thanks to the misers at ATT&T). The new season was totally different from the old show and i really liked it, even amid all the grief i was going through. i have it ordered on blu-ray, too. i hope there is another season but am not holding mt breath as i read that David Lynch took 4 years to write the last season.

Still watching the Flash- it's just okay. As is Riverdale, though it tries to be Twin Peaks and fails.

iZombie returns next year for season 4. It is my current favorite series.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
X-Files starts new tonight for what may be their final season.

The Blacklist also starts new tonight after a few weeks break.

Not sure when iZombie starts new again.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I must be downloading nearly 25 TV shows...Im so busy with it I dont have time to watch em....LoL

My Fave TV shows are

Game of Thrones

& Westworld

I watch Walking Dead but its jumped the shark with Neegan.
Heres hopin it unjumps back.
I might give Fear the Walking Dead another shot...
that greasy haired kid was a bit nauseating.
Wash the F Up!!

Theres this 1 train-wreck of a show I HATE but cant seem to drop,completely.
Last Man on Earth....I Hate the 2 leads...I Fast forward thru them but the supporting cast is tolerable...
Its usually 10 mins or less the way I watch it..

Bill Maher is back for 2018...Yay Him!

I watch Star Trek Discovery.... it was off to a wobbly start but they seem to have hit their stride with 9th ep cliff-hanger..
Could be AWESOME real soon...or not..

Also I watch The Orville its not as good.....not funny enuff to be a comedy not serious enuff to be ...ummm.... taken seriously
maybe it will get it together too.
Enuff sexist shit about his wife ....for Fucks sake....

Naked News Its Canadian, filmed in Toronto...quite near me
its NOT on TV....its a web show I guess you'd call it.
Ive been a viewer for maybe 3 years now...

I like it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brucy Braless,

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
some floatery stuff I watch but cant recommend:

Last Ship Im far behind...
Blood drive... I caught afew eps & have it DL'd
Midnight Texas...I watched all of it.

Supergirl...Oh How I wann love me some supergirl but shes drown out on her own show...who the HELL are alla these other super people...
Im not sure I even finished season 1

the Good Place I enjoyed the first season.Maybe I would recommend this one

Z Nation I like it but its a B Quality show...

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Stuff I have but havent gotten too that shows promise

Handmaids Tale

Big Little Lieslove all the actresses in it.

Daredevil s2 I quite liked season 1

Riverdale Iwatched maybe 5 eps seemed cool

Salvation watched one liked it

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i stopped watching Supergirl in season 1 as it got so hokey.

Riverdale has improved from last season and is trying to do a Twin Peaks thing now & then

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I have something called Knightfall from the History channel..

Its about the Knights Templar & French king Phillip

Ive watched 2 eps

Looks like a keeper.

Finished up the Good Place... the actors make it better than it really is.

But its decent.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
iZombie starts again soon. It's my favorite show still running as Twin Peaks probably won't be back.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
iZombie starts new tomorrow. i'll be anxious to see how they continue the main storyline.

Now that the silly Olympics is over- i guess- the other shows i watch are back new- Flash, Riverdale, the Blacklist and the X-Files. That's too many shows but they'll be reruns soon.

Also been watching the Patty Hearst documentaries on CNN.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
iZombie is weird this year what with zombies not being the secret they were in past seasons. i don't know how it will work out or if they can go into another season. Maybe they should have stuck with the old formula.

X-Files has been very good this year. Too bad it's probably the final season.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I found a site thats putting up the 2012 back eps of Naked news along with the new 2018 ones

SO Ive been catchin up with Feb 2012 schtuff..LoL

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
iZombie has definitely picked-up and i'm glad for it. I'm not sure where they're gonna go with the story beyond this year. It's really the only tv show that has my interest anymore.

Riverdale has some decent storylines every once an awhile but they all seem stolen from Twin Peaks.

The Blacklist gets repetitive. Don't see how it's lasted this long.

X-Files, not sure it will return next season.

Still watchin the Patty Hearst docs i taped

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Star Trek Discovery is gettin better & better....

they went alternate universe .. like Mirror Mirror from
the Original Series...

but for multiple episodes.....

its not yet the best Star Trek series but it might grow into that.

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Lovin' iZombie more and more.

Finished the Patty Hearst docs and now watchin the CNN docs on the Kennedys. Not much on the Kennedys i saw that i didn't already know.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I did watch iZombie for the first season & maybe part of s2....but there is SO MUCH stuff... that I like better that I just dropped it.

Shame really, as its nice to discuss good TV with another fan,inst it?

I came upon an odd show with a Terrible name...

"The City & The City"

Ive only seen the 1st ep...its about an alternate universe...
intruding into ours dividing this city in half....

It definitely has promise..

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Damn Damn Damn......

I gave the 100 another try ....fully expecting to suck eggs like it did B4.

But the ANNOYING asshole who ruined it for me
first season, 2nd season....& still on it, after a later check-in seems to have been moved to the periphery...
at least 1st 2eps this season

So it showing some of its original promise...

It has WAY WAY too many characters...& had way too much fighting & bickering & assholery.

But 1st ep keyed in on Clarke/Eliza Taylor...almost exclusively.
She was always the best part of the show....

Fucktard Alpha/Asshole Bellamy was only on a few minutes & NOT being an anus...Thats good!

Situations have changed drastically since the first season but its not hard to follow even after missing most of 3 seasons.

so I guess its back on the menu for now..

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
iZombie's latest was sooo good. But the show has not yet been renewed. i don't know how they can renew so much crap and either not renew the smartly written shows or make them come on as 'winter replacements' or 'summer replacements'. How does that Dancin with the Stars garbage and the bachelorette kinda crap keep going?

oh that's right, i keep forgettin, tv panders to 12 yr old girls & 8 yr old boys & ppl with Trumpett's IQ (ie Faux News)

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Well I finally watched up the 4 part
mini-series The City & The City.

It was awfully Lame considering the interesting premise.

Mediocre lazy story & tired characters.....

Did not do justice to the unique setting.

Sad.

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Watched another ep of The 100 not as good as the first 2...

Same problem with the Americans Damn Keri Russell's character has killed more people than Xena per/ep....

4 episodes in & shes @ about a dozen ..I think..LoL

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
iZombie has been renewed for season 5. That's great as with the way season 4 is going - which is really good- but still, i was thinking it might end on a sour note like Xena's crappy ending.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Ha Ha !

Donchu ever watch ANYTHING else..???

Im glad you found something you enjoy..

I JUST binge watched s1 of Counterpart .

Almost the same set-up as The City & the Shitty ...but very well done this time..
I look forward to season 2.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
Ha Ha !

Donchu ever watch ANYTHING else..???

Im glad you found something you enjoy..

i'm not much one for tv shows anymore. i watch the Flash, Riverdale and the Blacklist but don't rally care a whole lot for them. If they were cancelled it wouldn't bother me. i spend more time with writing & music and less with tv.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i guess i should start a separate iZombie thread but it's so late in the series.

Season 4 finale was great. No screwed up Xena kinda ending. If season 5 is as good, then this show might surpass Xena and move up to the second all-time fave tv show on my list.

It's too bad the CW only has this show as a winter replacement. i mean, The Flash, Riverdale and other shows on the CW are weak story-wise compared to iZombie. And those shows get full 26 ep seasons. Phooey on them.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Cloak & Dagger starts tonight, though i don't think it's on an easy to find network. i have it but others might have to find it online. I read a good review for it today, so here's hoping it's good.

There's a new series on Amazon Prime i may check out- Picnic At Hanging Rock. i loved the movie & book, so i hope they do good in the tv series. Not sure if this is a limited series or going to be ongoing.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I can tell which shows I've been enjoying.

The Handmaid's Tale

Season 1 stayed very close to Margaret Atwood's novel. While season 2 has now expanded on the story, it has done so in very clever ways that add more layers.

In a dystopian future some women are forced to become child bearers to wealthy women who are barren.

The 100

Some parts of this have unfortunately become dull, but MOST weeks it's still compelling viewing. The character of Clarke is ALWAYS watchable.

In the future humankind has been forced to leave a radioactive earth and eke out a living in space. The space station is running out of resources, so now 100 young prisoners have been sent back to earth to find out if it is inhabitable.

Westworld has become dull

I am about to stop watching this one. It ran out of ideas after its superb first season.

Can't be bothered writing a synopsis.

Fear the Walking Dead

It's sister show lapsed into a FPS, but this show has gone from strength to strength.

The characters and situations remain fresh, and newer story lines introduced this year are fascinating.

Survivors of a zombie apocalypse work together, and sometimes against, each other.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post