Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Best of the Rest    in my absence from the Scrolls...

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
in my absence from the Scrolls...
 Login/Join 
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted
in my usual 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. online slot i took to watching Buffy when the comp was down. here are my random thoughts now that i have finally given it a fair watching (i've seen a good 3 weeks' worth over seasons 1-3-ish, i guess...Willow is just getting into her witch thing and Seth Green is still on).

ok. i recognize its...charm. certainly the banter-y dialogue is well written and great fun. it amuses. of course, as supposed high school misfits, these kids are cooler than any one i've ever encountered of that age, from the time i was that age til now...but i guess that's part of the point, eh?

the episodes are almost painfully formulaic... you can set your clock by what happens when.

poor, poor Angel. that poor s.o.b. must've been one helluva bad dude at some point in history cuz he can't catch a break these days. he is by far my favorite character. he, and of course Spike.

more thought as they come. after a decent amount of watching, i can say it's a'ight...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
We've caught ourselves another.....reel her in slowly! Razz

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
you'll need much tastier bait... Wink

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
*points and laughs*

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I ... the ... and what ... how with ... but that's ... Confused

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
maybe if we tell her about the episode with the 1 naked xander, 2 naked tara's, 3 naked anya's and 4 naked willows?

she'll keep watching

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Did I miss hell freezing over?

And you're watching Season 3, zoom. Today's 8 am episode is a good one. You get a bit of backstory on Angel.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Angel sucks!! He's the reason I hated watching Buffy at first.

Faith rocks!! She's the reason I got hooked. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
don't freak out too much people, i'm back here now....

i guess the reason i liked Angel is cuz dude can't buy a break. maybe i don't like him so much as i feel bad for the guy. that one night of Buffy bliss was hardly worth it, eh?

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Well, yes. I did feel slightly bad for him over that whole Buffy bonking disaster.

My friend and I used to call him "broody boy". Heh heh! Big Grin

Trust me, though, Faith = Callisto-like sizzle.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
yeah, but Faith does nothing for me looks-wise whereas, oddly Callisto did. Spike actually reminds me of Callisto a bit. if Callisto hadn't been personally invested in her bloodlust. and Spike seems much less comfortable with the whole redemption thing. Callisto was ultimately way too happy about being an angel... maybe Spike is more like a combo of Ares & Callisto.

ok. why was he in the wheelchair at some point...and then next ep i saw he popped out of it like he could walk all along?

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Okay. Fess up. Who are you and why have you taken over zoom's computer and scroll account?

Where's zoom!? Did you hide her in a vat of heart shaped ravioli last February and this is the first hint we have had of your impostership?

Tell us!

Wait. Hmmm...

Didn't Ame and zoom go missing at about the same time? I smell some body snatching/identity switching mojo going on a la XWP's Intimate Stranger or BTVS's This Year's Girl / Who Are You.

Who's with me on this?

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by who dat?:
ok. why was he in the wheelchair at some point...and then next ep i saw he popped out of it like he could walk all along?

You need to see the episode "What's My Line?". The events at the end of that episode explain why Spike was in a wheelchair.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Weee!!!!!! Welcome to the bunch, Zoom!! *grin* Big Grin

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arista:
"What's My Line?". The events at the end of that episode explain why Spike was in a wheelchair.

...or you could just tell me. Razz

i'm not joining any fan clubs people. i just thought that since i had a free hour that happened to coincide with the Buff stuff...really. and i always said i'd watch some so i could assess it fairly. i'm all better now.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
...or you could just tell me. Razz

I provided you with a link to a synopsis. Razz

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
*sigh*...alright, alright...i read it. thanks.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
quote:
maybe Spike is more like a combo of Ares & Callisto.

it's like...some sort of...zen philosophy or something...

*mind blown*

--------------------------------------

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
is that the acridly seared scent of sarcasm i detect...? Razz

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I think it's the smell of fried brain cells you can detect. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
heh. i have that effect on women...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?