Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Best of the Rest    LOST! *Spoilers!*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
LOST! *Spoilers!*
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted
Anyone see the preview for the new show LOST! on ABC(?) I'm thinking I might like this new show. Same creator as Alias, what looks to be a decent cast, I'm excited.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Arista,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I'm mildly interested.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I didn't know what you were talking about- I had not heard of it so I looked it up.
Looks pretty interesting and I don't think Wednesdays at 8pm competes with anything else... well except going to the gym, but I'll get over that Wink...so I think i will give it a shot.
For those who, like me, have not seen previews go here http://abc.go.com/primetime/schedule/2004-05/lost.html

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
series premiere is tonight...

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I watched. I reserve judgment until I see a few more episodes. It didn't suck, but I'm concerned about the potential of explaination for certain plot elements.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i hear ya, Arista...

SPOILER-ish BELOW:
the story has a Steven King-ish feel to me, which is both good and bad IMO...i'm gonna be p.o.'ed if things that go bump in the jungle get explained by some hocus pocus & not something more concrete. the the characters, the actors who play them, and the way the plot is unfolding thus far is intriguing enough to keep me watching for a few more eps...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Titan up:
i hear ya, _Arista_...

SPOILER-ish BELOW:
the story has a Steven King-ish feel to me, which is both good and bad IMO...i'm gonna be p.o.'ed if things that go bump in the jungle get explained by some hocus pocus & not something more concrete. the the characters, the actors who play them, and the way the plot is unfolding thus far is intriguing enough to keep me watching for a few more eps...

More spoiler stuff to follow....
I'm gonna be pissed if it turns out to be a dinosaur!

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arista:
More spoiler stuff to follow....
I'm gonna be pissed if it turns out to be a dinosaur!

STILL MORE SPOILAGE:
...or aliens.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
hey Arista...maybe you or Shawn or Gabby's lil sister should put a spoiler warning in the title of this thread. might save the asterisk key on all our keyboards...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
hey _Arista_...maybe you or _Shawn_ or _Gabby's lil sister_ should put a spoiler warning in the title of this thread. might save the asterisk key on all our keyboards...

It has been done.

And Gabby's lil sister seems to think it's King Kong lurking in them thar jungles. I blame that idea completely on the NyQuil.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i'm afraid it's either either King Kong or The Iron Giant... Roll Eyes le keeps saying it's the Tommyknockers...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
i'm afraid it's either either King Kong or The Iron Giant... Roll Eyes _le_ keeps saying it's the Tommyknockers...

I hadn't even thought about the Tommyknockers! But if it were the tommyknockers, wouldn't the jungle be disappearing as opposed to rumbling.

Ooh... rumble in the jungle... maybe it's Muhammed Ali! "I'm a bad man!"

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
yeah I had visions of King Kong while under the influence of heavy duty cold medication. Wink

What's up with the yellow labrador ?

Now I need to keep watching to find out.

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
What does Casey think?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn:
What does Casey think?

Casey wondered if one of her long lost litter mates had perhaps finally hit the big time and got a role on a network show.
Chance wanted to hump the tv screen. of course.
Wink

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
LOL

Whew - I need that laugh.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Okay, I am officially hooked.

Anyone else??

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Line and sinker! I'm hooked and I'm frustrated, I want more.

I'm loving the characters. Hurley is just adorable and I don't care what Kate has done, I like her! I am still blown away by the special FX and I am damn thankful I now have DVR, it rocks!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Yes.

And unlike some people, I wanna know what Kate did! It's killing me!

Also, Locke is creepy.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wanton Cruelty:
I am still blown away by the special FX and I am damn thankful I now have DVR, it rocks!

Word.
I heart my TiVo.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
okay...i missed the second ep (i saw 1 & 3...). someone please fill me in. i got all the stuff about the transmitter or whatever, but what's this i hear about a polar bear????

i'm not sure what i think about Locke. very, very intersting. it still feels extremely Steven King-ish to me...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Things we learned in episode 2:

Charlie is a hobbit heroin addict

Saiad (sp?) was in the republican guard during the gulf war and knows about transceivers and stuff

The guy with the chest shrapnel was the federal agent (or maybe bounty hunter ) transporting Kate back to the U.S. cause she is wanted.

The angsty blond girl and the young guy who she is mean to are brother and sister.

The little boy and his father just sorta met because he previously lived in Australia with his mom who recently died.

On the expedition to higher ground to get the tranceiver working ,a small group of passengers (Kate, brother and sis, Saiaid (sp?), the guy who was a bad shot in ep 3 and maybe Charlie) get chased by something in the jungle. It's "something" but it's not *the* something that killed the pilot. It's a smaller "something". After a few shots are fired by the guy who is a bad shot we learn that it is a polar bear. The group briefly wonders what the hell a polar bear is doing on a tropical island. The viewers wonder it too, but not just briefly.

Ummm, I think that it is. I am sure that you figured out the rest from this week's ep.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
thanx! that pretty much fills in the blanks...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
curiouser & curiouser...

i'll be interested to see Dr. Jack's flashbacks eventually & get some back story on him. i'm liking everything about this show, but i'm still worried about "the monster" and that what it is is going to turn out to be disapponting. but i'm still enjoying the heck out of the ride.

what do y'all think about Locke's ability to walk now?????

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boomer zoomer, dammit:

what do y'all think about Locke's ability to walk now?????

Interesting little twist. I suppose it is medically possible for him to regain his walking ability depending on the origins of his paralysis, but I think he'd have a bit of muscle atrophy and wouldn't have exactly run around right after the crash. I however am working hard to suspend disbelief when it comes to this show. Obviously. On a side note: props to Arista who figured the Locke thing out before the end of the teaser and phoned me with her hypothesis during the opening credit. Which, btw, we decided was cool But I digress...

Now here's what i want to know...

Do you think that Locke killed the boar or do you think that the monster/dinosaur/iron giant/aboninable snowman/king kong gave it to him?