Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Amphipolis Tidings  Hop To Forums  Best of the Rest    LOST! *Spoilers!*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
LOST! *Spoilers!*
 Login/Join 
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
Is it me or does everyone look Obviously younger in the first eps than they did in the finale....

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching it last night. Walt looks so...little. I don't know if it's the hair or what. Sawyer looks a lot different too. Even Michael looks younger. Is it that they took a long time period to film it in or is the Hawaii sun that aging?

And what did Locke say to Walt when he asked him if he wanted to hear a secret? Did that ever come out?

In the first half of the pilot after they see Lostzilla for the first time, someone says the sound it made was familiar, then someone asks her where she is from and she says the Bronx. That's got to be some kind of clue.

Whatever normal explanations can be made I keep coming back to Locke's legs. A lot of other things can be explained somehow, but not that. I also keep thinking there's a connection with Walt and the polar bears.

I wonder if it's possible that the "Others" don't know that Walt has powers?

Hurley passing out on that guy is hysterical! I love Hurley! Big Grin

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chiana:

And what did Locke say to Walt when he asked him if he wanted to hear a secret? Did that ever come out?

Nope. I wonder what that's all about. Wasn't a coincidence. Nothing in this show is.
I also liked the backgammon explanation with the whole back/white- good/evil thing. So much of this is themed as a game.

quote:

In the first half of the pilot after they see Lostzilla for the first time, someone says the sound it made was familiar, then someone asks her where she is from and she says the Bronx. That's got to be some kind of clue.

I thought that the Lostzilla as manifested in the finale sounded a bit like a train...or a subway car...or a an old roller coaster... hmmm...
quote:

Whatever normal explanations can be made I keep coming back to Locke's legs. A lot of other things can be explained somehow, but not that. I also keep thinking there's a connection with Walt and the polar bears.

I was thinking that perhaps the connection was that Walt read the polar bear comic and "thunk it into happening" with his "special gift". But maybe there's more to it. You could be onto something.

I also liked rewatching the pilot and seeing the characters interact on the plane such as when Charlie pushed by Shannon and Boone etc. Obviously we did noy notice that at first view because we had not met the characters yet. Seeing it now is cool. I think I may need to own the dvd box set when it is released. Especially if it has extras.

quote:
I love Hurley! Big Grin

Word.
Big Grin

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Umm Hay
not to change the subject or anything Smile ....but..
Is it me or does everyone look Obviously younger in the first eps than they did in the finale....

How much time did they take making this thing anyways..??

If it was one actor in a shot or 2 I could think maybe its the angle or the lighting orjust me.

Agreed. At the very least they look "weathered" , if not older. I guess that's good since they are supposed to be castaways without tons of sunscreens, wrinkle creams, makeup and products. Wink Of course they could still be working off of what was in all of the carry on luggage- It has only been about 4-6 weeks in "Lost" time, right?
Brucy, I don't know for sure but I think I recall reading in an interview that Abrams got a pretty quick greenlight on this project and the actors were sent to Hawaii to shoot at the "normal" pilot season time. I don't think that this is one of those pilots that sat on the shelf at the network for a few seasons or anything. Which only makes your question more interesting. I need to go look for that interview.

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:
I thought that the Lostzilla as manifested in the finale sounded a bit like a train...or a subway car...or a an old roller coaster... hmmm...

Yeah! An old rollercoaster! That's totally what it sounded like when Locke was being dragged! Like it was climbing up one of those hills with a big drop just ahead. heheheh The island is a
covert amusement park. The "others" are carnies! Big Grin Mystery solved! evil

I did read in an interview with the actor who plays Sawyer that there were twins on
that boat with the "others" but that they were hard to see.

quote:
Originally posted by lila997:
I also liked rewatching the pilot and seeing the characters interact on the plane such as when Charlie pushed by Shannon and Boone etc. Obviously we did noy notice that at first view because we had not met the characters yet. Seeing it now is cool. I think I may need to own the dvd box set when it is released. Especially if it has extras.

I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying the repeats. It is a different experience now that my brain isn't busy trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I wouldn't mind owning the box set either. I really like this show!

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
I found some interesting things while looking up "Tabula Rasa" the title of this past wednesday night's episode. The name John Locke came up.

"Good and evil, reward and punishment, are the only motives to a rational creature: these are the spur and reins whereby all mankind are set on work, and guided." -John Locke

Tabula Rasa-
1. a.The mind before it receives the impressions gained from experience.
b.The unformed, featureless mind in the philosophy of John Locke.

2.A need or an opportunity to start from the beginning.

I think number two definitely applies to Kate's situation, but also to pretty much everyone else.

I wonder if they'll ever reveal what the relationship was between Kate and the cop who thinks she's satan. I wonder if it's just that he's been trying to capture her for a long time or if there's more to it.

I really liked the song at the end of this episode!

"Guys is this normal...day turning into night...end of the world type weather?"

Charlie says that in the first episode. Anytime things get freaky or mysterious it's like, cue the Stephen King rain. All those times with Ethan or with Lostzilla...boom it's raining. And Locke knows it's pattern somehow. I don't think how he knows has been revealed has it? I wonder what that's about?

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I had missed Alot of episodes....
I see as I watch the reruns..

its still an interesting watch but they dont reveal much I didnt already know....

Ahh...... Patience,grasshopper...

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
its still an interesting watch but they dont reveal much I didnt already know....

Ahh...... Patience,grasshopper...

I know what you mean. I inadvertantly came across a spoiler bit of information...2, actually. So now my imagination is all over the place with conclusions!

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
*maddie finds herself in a perplexing situation some time in the near future...*

"i haven't been this confused since the season finale of lost o_o!"

*cut to maddie staring at the tv...*

"how does daniel dae kim keep getting work Confused!?"

ahhh i suppose he's alright in this, as far as acting goes... at least now i can hate him as mean korean guy as well as stupid gavin Razz

my mum's with whoever said about it being their worst experiences, cause with walt being taken away and all...

i like the limbo theory, myself. hey...didn't that...glasses needing guy...sort of admit that he wanted to die? ...and then he died (or got shot at least)? interesting...

all this talk of watership down is making me wish that i'd actually been paying attention to the show. i like the bunnies. if walt's dad is hazel, does that make jack bigwig (why do i have the feeling that that's not his name in the book...i'm working off the movie here)? ooh and kate.. uh.. hysenflay (i'm not even going to try to spell that right) what with being on the run and all... or would you call crazy french chick hysenflay, and the teacher guy blackavar?

charlie should be pippin ^_^

this is fun Big Grin

i hope the monster isn't general woundwart...*shivers*

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I've become addicted to the telecrack that is LOST and it's completely the fault of Keri and my friend Ryan. I am now almost entirely through the first season, I only have Exodus pt. 2 to watch and of course, the extras on Disc 7.

It's been a really long time since I cared about a show, since Xena and Buffy before she sucked vampire ass, and since they cancelled Dead Like Me. It keeps me guessing and makes me think. I love it and I hate it cause I know when it starts up again in a week or so, I'm never going to be able to handle the whole one new episode a week thing.

I think Sayid is awesome, Sawyer's great (everyone needs a jackass around) and I think Sun is the shit. Can't wait to see what happens next.

It's sad, I'm addicted to telecrack and I don't want help. I blame everyone. Razz

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Did no one else watch the season premiere?

C'mon people! Thoughts...let's hear 'em. Razz

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler (ep 1)

Oh yeah, I watched. I have lots to say but have been away from the computer. Here's the initial stuff.

• I am so glad that I looked up the castaways' last names for this forum last year. Otherwise I would not have known that the dead dude in the SUV was Shannon's dad/Boone's stepdad- Adam Rutherford. I wonder if he was going to be the wedding planner for Sarah's wedding?
  • On the other hand, I did not recognize the obvious point that Sarah-a-la-accident was Jack's fiance from his season 1 flashbacks. Arista had to call on a commercial to point that out. Duh.
  • Kudos for "Make Your Own Kind of Music". Love. It.
  • I may think that the running man/hatch man is an angel (or somethin') but I am not sure
  • So is the hatch Pandora's Box and if so, literally or figuratively? They made too big of a deal about "hope" to ignore the intended reference.

Anyone else?

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
*reads & re-reads Lila's post with a glassy stare*

Hmmm... Maybe I'm just a slow witted shallow type dumb guy...
but sometimes a banana & 2 plums is just fruit.... Wink

Sometimes a Picasso painting REALLY is just idiotic meaningless drivel.

*holds onto a last shred of hope & sanity*

I think there will be a much more prosaic explantion.... if there ever is one.

I did like the season opener...tho the commercial with the hi pitched shriek was DEFINITELY the high point.Big Grin

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
well...ep2 was interesting, if not maddening with all the back-tracking in the hatch and all the floating and remebering on what's left of the raft. looks like we get some more a-c-t-i-o-n next week...

regarding ep1...i didn't catch that the other car victim was Shannon's dad, but i did catch that the other victim was Jack's future wife. this shit is getting almost too convoluted...(hang in there Brucy... Wink). and the music amused me too...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
a friend pointed out to me that it was a polar bear that Michael gave Walt when he told him goodbye...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I liked last week's ep best so far this season. Still some of the best TV out there but I want to know if anyone else has noticed this: are they repeating parts of the previous week's ep in the new ep to an annoying degree this season or is it just me? I feel like they are recapping every scenario over and over and that we're only getting about 30 minutes of actual new material in each episode.

45 seconds of a scene from the previous ep with 4 min. tagged on to the rest of the scene then a short new scene a commercial then 2 minutes of a scene from last week plus a 2 minute extension of new material ...

Still, good stuff. I just want more of it.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I think they are trying to fill in any new viewers....or maybe they just dont have enough ideas to keep things moving along for a full season.... Smile

I dont mind because Im not the most time concious fella & have actually tuned in a tad late afew times....& (YaY!) Missed NOTHING !!!!

what I find annoying is that all the various TV/Cable stations dont use identical times so if Im not attentive what I want to watch has started before whatIm watching has ended.

Its my fave post-Xena show too..!!!

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
dang if i didn't forget to record last night's ep. someone fill me in. eh?

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroller
posted Hide Post
Mary Neubauer, spokeswoman for the Iowa Lottery, said hundreds of ticket buyers had played a set of numbers from the ABC drama "Lost," which featured a character who won $156 million by playing a string of digits obtained from a patient in a mental institution: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42.

Sure would have been scary, in an awesome way, if they had won it. Eek

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Let me see if I can remember. It showed flasbacks of how Sun & Jin met, The group that had Sawyer, Michael & Jin took them out of the cage and were having them lead them to where the rest of the survivors were. Walt & Jin & the big black man-can't remember his name went one way to search for something-Michael took off to find Walt. So Jin & that guy go back to find him. They hear someone coming-they hide & it shows the legs of people walking and the last person is dragging a teddy bear-I'm guessing it was Walt? Jin & that guy finds Michael & convince him to go back with them. That's basically what happened. Anyone else remember anything I forgot? I think! WXF Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
thanks

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I have it on vhs, zoom. It's being passed around the office now but I'll have it back on Monday if you want to see it. It wasn't a pivotal ep but a worthy watch if you're addicted.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
thanks hon but i got a good enough recap here & from a buddy at work to get me through til i catch the rerun. i appreciate the offer though.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
ARGH !!!

I taped the wrong hour... was this weeks ep (Nov2nd) a rerun or anew ep..???

I just Gotta know.... hehee

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Here in NC it was a rerun. Smile

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
rerun. new ep next week.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?