Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Man in the White Suit" (1951)

Alec Guinness (Obie-one) stars as a man who invents a fabric that's practically indestructible & won't get dirty. The textile industry plans to suppress it. Great screenplay,
nice little comedy that's different, especially for 1951.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Diabolical Dr Z" (1965)

Mad scientist experiments on ppl for mind control. But he dies early on & his diabolical daughter takes over. Mondo bizzaro flick- weird gadgets & beautiful blonde with lethal fingernails & revenge killings. Very enjoyable flick.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Val & I saw pain & Gain last Nite...

Was based on a True story..
Bout some Dumby Body-builders who wanna get rich..

So they decided to rob someone rich of Eveything

Not great but Ok....

A decent TV watch I would say

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Watm Bodies"

Zombie romantic comedy. Excellent fllm esp. if yer munching on bbq'd brains.

Introducing a new xc wife from the flick, Teresa Palmer:

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
uh-oh, my Teresa Palmer pic disappeared above.
Hope she stays in sig pic.

Watched "Can't Buy Me Love" tonite. '80s romantic teen comedy. One of the better films of this kind.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Saw MUD tonite..

It was good...

It also has Matthew Mc Conaughey doing some ACTING..

something I havent seem him do in a while !

WHOA this is the Most Prixed post #666...OOoooohhhhhhh!!!!!

Ok I hafta stop postin now forevah..

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"House of Frankenstein"

Frank N Stein, Wolf Man (my hero), Dracula,
a hunchback, a mad scientist (Boris Karloff).

Love these old Universal flicks.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I watched 1st hour of a Tinto Brass movie...
All Ladies DO IT.....

Its a Steaming pile....

Well the one I have Has no English not even subtitles but Its really Lame....

It has alot of nudity but is not sexy...
has alot of 'sexiness' attempted....
I think I have to quote XC......" Roll Eyes "

I probably will not bother with the remaining 1/2 hour....

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Star Wars"

yeah the original long time ago in a galaxy far farts aways. Hadn't seen this is a very long time. Still a good flick.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I watched 1st 10 mins of something called
Spaceship Terror...
its REALLY low budget & inane so far but its a BIG Improvement over 'sexy' Italian movie..LOL

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i watched MST3000 the other nite. It was an episode movie called "The Pod People".

Stoooooopid! But at least the jokes from the robots & Joel were funny. The pod ppl looked like anteaters or Alf. Some nice lookin chicks but it was G rated all the way of course.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"i Am Number Four"

haha haha ha. Rented this ridiculous fluff for Teresa Palmer who didn't show up til late but made the flick. Might have had some good ideas in this flick but mostly it was plot-by-the-numbers & lots of stoopid, excessive SFX at the end. Would've been better if it was called "i Am Number Six", then it woulda been about Teresa Palmer. Smile Too bad it turned out a lotta Number 2.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Veal & I saw ' Now You See Me ' About the bank robbin Magicians..it was pretty darn good..

it has a Cringe worthy reveal at the end.....

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Went to.... To The Wonder by myself as Val wasnt interested..

It was lame.....Very little dialog ok visuals

Total waste of Rachel McAdams....

4/10 I guess.....

Actually Im sorry I watched this thing its makin me depressed...which doesnt happen often...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Thersites,

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Got an Incomplete Dl of Hansel & Gretal Get Baked ...hoped it would be funny gave up after 12 minutes

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Watched "Hair" on dvd last nite.

i don't care a lot for musicals (though i luv a good concert movie). i like "Chicago" & "Hair" which is bout it. A few song numbers in "Hair" i could do without but most were pretty good.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thersites:
Veal & I saw ' Now You See Me ' About the bank robbin Magicians..it was pretty darn good..

it has a Cringe worthy reveal at the end.....

So does the cringe worthy thingie make the movie any less good? in case i want to rent this when it comes on dvd.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Some but its a fun ride anyways...
a Great tricky reveal would have made it a 8.5+

this gives it maybe a 7...?

Still worth a watch....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Thersites,

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
"i Am Number Four"

haha haha ha. Rented this ridiculous fluff for Teresa Palmer who didn't show up til late but made the flick. Might have had some good ideas in this flick but mostly it was plot-by-the-numbers & lots of stoopid, excessive SFX at the end. Would've been better if it was called "i Am Number Six", then it woulda been about Teresa Palmer. Smile Too bad it turned out a lotta Number 2.

Yeah it was kind ov a Kids flick....
but I like sci-fi so I liked it... barely...LOL

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i guess new Superman film starts today. i hope its good & if so i'll rent it when it comes on dvd, probably late fall.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Not really a movie but it did show in theatres: i watched Paul McCartney & Wings "Rockshow" on dvd.

It was good but coulda been better had they made it more documentary style like The Last Waltz. i saw McCartney in Indy in '92 & he definitely puts on a great show.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Watched "Warm Bodies" again, this time with mama xc.

i didn't mention that Teresa Palmer was the bride of xc. i'll have to wait til i can bring the bride home to meet mama xc.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Rushmore"

Taped this on the hbo/max free weekend thingie. Never seen it all the way thru. Seen parts here & there. Excellent flick.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I thought I mentioned it I finally Watched

Lore (2012)

@ a young german girl who has to get across Germany in the end days of WW2

She has a sis, twin younger bros & a BABY!!!!

I had hoped for a bit more but it was pretty good....

Also I watched a free download of a web-movie which isnt even released yet....

Dragon Lore: Curse of the Shadow (2013)

Im a big Fantasy fan... this was very good Nice visuals decent story....Acting was its weakest point....
I was wondering how I missed it at the movies....
Its not a hollywood release ..thoI liked it enough if it was showing in a Theatre I would have still enjoyed it..

It was better than what I followed it up with... Werner Herzog's .....
Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979)

Which I watched sped up through 90% of the movie..
It was SOoooo plodding that I had to 4x some of it...
& it still seemed like nothing was moving...LOL

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"

Rob Downey, Val Kilmer, Michele somebody. Hollywood murder mystery/comedy. This flick got good ratings but i found i couldn't care bout the main characters. Plus the storyline seemed to make itself up as it went along.