Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Double"

Jesse Eisenberg as a meek guy whose life is a drag til a double of himself (though a personality opposite) appears & starts to take over. i dunno, it was so bleak & a boring world that i couldn't get into this.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Golem" (1920)

Silent film bout monster created to protect Jews. Too bad it didn't kill Hitler.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Formula" (1980)

George C Scott, Marlon Brando. Germans have formula for making gas from coal. Could've been better movie with editing.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Capt America: Winter Soldier"

Yay bought the dvd. Just as good as 1st time i saw it- only diff is no big screen. Much much better than Spidey-man movie. Best superhero flick next to the Avengers.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Hollywood Strangler Meets the Skid Row Slasher" (1979)

Blah, boring grade-b flick with little dialogue.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I can't WAIT for "Yoga Hosers..." Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Sherlock Holmes, the old classics.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Godzilla" (2014)

What a mess! 2 boring monsters vs Godzilla who was in the 2 hr + movie about 10 min. Nite scenes with the monsters was pathetically a barf zone of SFX that were boring.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The East"

Brit Marlingcrazed as an undercover (me like to get her under the covers) agent who infiltrates eco-terrorist group. It was good tho the very ending was too idealistic & unrealistic. And Brit was super-hot!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Bram Stoker's Dracula" (1992)

One of the bst Drac films ever. Winona Ryder never looked more beautiful. Keeanu Reeves was wooden performance -why didn't they get a better actor?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Edge of Tomorrow"

i hate Tom Cruise so it was fun seeing him die over & over again. Too bad he didn't stay dead & someone else be the hero, like hot Emily Blunt. Still it was a good sci-fi flick tho too much SFX especially at the end. Why a puke load of SFX during nite scenes? Makes no sense.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Cemetery Man" (1994)

Italian horror/zombie/fantasy flick. Ppl buried in the cemetery come back ffrom dead after 7 days as zombies & lead character has to kill 'em again. Much more to the story than that tho. Movie needs a proper dvd reissue as it's OOP & i only have the vhs.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Boy Who Cried Werewolf" (1973)

Cheesy flick with some kid's dad turns into a werewolf in the mountains will being pursued by'& pursuing redneck policemen & Jesus freaks. It was good.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Lake Mungo" (2008)

16 yr old girl drowns & her fam thinks her ghost is hanging around. Fake documentary type flick. Really slow.

"Valerie and Her Week of Wonders" (1970)

Surreal vampire flick bout 13 yr old girl (looked much older) coming of age. It was ok but silly.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman" (1943)

Favorite old timey Universal monster flick.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Ghost Chasers" (1951)

Bowery Boys vs phony psychic. S-l-o-w.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"At Midnight i'll Take Your Soul" (19640

Coffin Joe terrorizes a Mexican town. Very wicked stuff!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"X-Men: Days of Future Past"

Excellent mutant madness! Jen Lawcrazed beyond hot- even in blue! Shoulda had more Bishop tho & less Ellen the Puke Page.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Benny and Joon is always a winner around here. Whatever happened to Mary Stuart Masterson anyway? She was so hot in Fried Green Tomatoes too...Big Grin

(yeah I had a nice lil' crush on her before I finally gave my heart to Johnny. Wink Big Grin)

Need, need, NEED to find out if Yoga Hosers is out in theaters yet...since I don't watch tv anymore, I am reliant on the internet to keep me up to speed.

Remember those cool trailers on tv though? Big Grin They prolly still have them but I don't watch so I dunno...

Ooooh, and Into the Woods! Big Grin Enough said...Wink

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Benny & Joon is a good flick. i haven't seen it in ages.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Agreed, xc! Smile

Wonder where Aidan Quinn and Oliver Platt got to either? Confused

Ah well! Wherever they are I hope they are living comfortably on their royalties...while Johnny continues workin' away at the grindstone! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Saw part of "Silent Hill" other nite.

i wanna see the rest as it looks interesting.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Smiling Ghost" (1941)

Ghost comedy that was ok. Not scarey not really funny but ok.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Voice of the Whistler" (1945)

Cool old flick bout sick rich guy who hooks up with nurse to get him well. Lots of plot twists, no unneeded SFX.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Great Seduction"

Like "Doc Hollywood", small town tries to lure big city doc to their village to stay. It was good i liked.