Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Skeleton Key"

Kate Hudson as a caregiver who stays at some old house in New Orleans where hoodoo is taking place. Good suspense/horror flick with twist ending.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Saw Railway Man last nite .

Its a tuff watch but well done..

Its one of those movies you cant say you enjoyed or liked really.

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Colossus of Rhodes" (1961)

Overlong epic with Rory Calhoun as Greek warrior stuck on Rhodes during uprising. Too bad they didn't have some 1961 era actress as Xena to kick butt. Raquel Welch?

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Angels Revenge" (1978)

Saw this as part of MST3K. It wouldn't have been worth watching otherwise. Some big names in this flick, guess they needed the money.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"American Hustle"

Saw this again. Easily a fave movie.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Alligator People" (1959)

Lon Chaney, Beverly Garland. Bev's hubbie got injected with lizard limb growing stuff. i wonder if Marvel got their idea for the Lizard from this film.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Day It Came to Earth" (1979)

Alien controlled meteor brings dead gangster back to life & silly college kids are pursued by zombie gangster. Cheesy grade-b flick.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
The title sounded good until you described the actual plot....

If I told my daughter that I watched a movie with only *1* Zombie..

She would laff & kick me to the curb..

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
The title sounded good until you described the actual plot....

If I told my daughter that I watched a movie with only *1* Zombie..

She would laff & kick me to the curb..

Not sure why. Confused

i seen a few movies with one zombie or just a few & they were excellent. If the movie is well written & acted i don't see what the zombie population count matters. With "The Day It Came to Earth" it wouldn't've made sense if there was a 2nd zombie, plus it was so low-budget they probably couldn't afford it!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Sleepless in Seattle"

Ok it's a chick flick but i like chicks so i like this although it sends the wrong message. Meg Ryan stalks Tom Hanks & son. IRL she'd been arrested, Tom would turn to alcohol & the son would be a druggie or maybe a serial killer. This flick is probably more of a fantasy than the LOTR movies.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
OMG They couldnt Afford Zombies..???

SiS needs Zombies too!

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:

SiS needs Zombies too!

The sequel- "Lifeless in Seattle". Meg eats Tom & son's brains.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Grand Budapest Hotel"

Latest Wes Anderson film is good tho not great. i wish they would have centered on life in the hotel instead of the murder & chase storylines. but oh well.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Me, Myself & Irene"

Taped this last week cuz Traylor Howardcrazed is in it but she only in it for few min. Pretty funny movie, Jim Carey funny, & Renee Zwe-whatever is pretty hot.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thersites:
I saw the new Spiderman 2 tonite..{May 5th}{No Spoilers}

It doesnt look good for dear old xc..its a special effects extravaganza...too much destruction almost like Man of Steel..

Theres a LOT going on in the movie...3/4 ths of the way thru youd swear they were stil setting it all up....

I liked it better than the first of the reboot.

Still not crazy about the actors they chose for the leads.No ones personality matches the ones from the comics...which wouldnt have been hard to do...the new personal styles DO NOT add to or improve the story in any way...

Im warming up a bit to Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy...but Im not to A Garfield's Peter Parker...Its not really his fault the movies reboot has a totally Non-bookwormy PP..
Thats just wrong...Im OK with handling the villains & the stories different...but why change the mousy Peter Parker into a Flamboyant Cocky Bozo..?

Why ?.... Why..?

W H Y ?!?!?!?!!?

Part of what made Spider-man Marvel's Best selling Comic was he was Totally relatable to shy skinny nerdy boys..This new take on Spidey is not someone I can relate to hes someone who annoys me..

Let Stan Lee & Marvel have this franchise back..I wanna see what the masters can do with their prize Superhero.

---------------------------------

Veal & I watched Capt America Winter Soldier Yesterday & Spidey tonite... Spiderman is Definitely a better re-watch, the unexpected story In Capt loses a lot of Ooomph when you know whats going on..

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:

Im warming up a bit to Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy...

HEY! don't be warmin up to my wife!

but Im not to A Garfield's Peter Parker...Its not really his fault the movies reboot has a totally Non-bookwormy PP..
Thats just wrong...Im OK with handling the villains & the stories different...but why change the mousy Peter Parker into a Flamboyant Cocky Bozo..?

Why ?.... Why..?

W H Y ?!?!?!?!!?

Movie writers love character development & i guess they suppose Parker was mousey enuff for part of the 1st film so now they gotta change him. Parker was always mousey in high school in the comics. Nowadays he's a cocky business person type.

Part of what made Spider-man Marvel's Best selling Comic was he was Totally relatable to shy skinny nerdy boys..This new take on Spidey is not someone I can relate to hes someone who annoys me..

Let Stan Lee & Marvel have this franchise back..I wanna see what the masters can do with their prize Superhero.

---------------------------------

Veal & I watched Capt America Winter Soldier Yesterday & Spidey tonite... Spiderman is Definitely a better re-watch, the unexpected story In Capt loses a lot of Ooomph when you know whats going on..

i plan on buying the new Cap on dvd. i dunno if i even bother renting the new Spidey. If'n i can rent it cheap, maybe.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:

Movie writers love character development & i guess they suppose Parker was mousey enuff for part of the 1st film so now they gotta change him. Parker was always mousey in high school in the comics. Nowadays he's a cocky business person type.

Ha Ha Is this your sharing your expertise on a movie you havent watched..? Hee hee thats funny ! It seems more like they thought it would sell better if PP/Spidey was a cool suave joky Lady's man.

Thats why I found it annoying..I guess.

i plan on buying the new Cap on dvd. i dunno if i even bother renting the new Spidey. If'n i can rent it cheap, maybe.

I think you should watch Amazing Spider-man 2 I just dont think youre gonna be to thrilled with the direction it went in.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:

Ha Ha Is this your sharing your expertise on a movie you havent watched..? Hee hee thats funny ! It seems more like they thought it would sell better if PP/Spidey was a cool suave joky Lady's man.

Thats why I found it annoying..I guess.

Um how many puny hollyweird movies & sequels can one watch or not watch to figure out what movie writers usually do? i ain't seen this crappy movie but i betcha none of it comes as a surprise & all of it is pathetically predictable. Like just about any hollyweird movie.

I think you should watch Amazing Spider-man 2 I just dont think youre gonna be to thrilled with the direction it went in.

A cheap rental when it comes to dvd or better yet to cable. i seen enuff previews of it to know it's gonna put me to sleep.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
We went out & ate at a mid-eastern restaurant...

then watched the movie ChefIt stars John Favreau has Sophia Vergara & Scarlett Johansson in it.

Geexe.... Scarlett's been in A LOT of stuff lately...! Which is OK with me..

Its a pretty good 'feel good' movie.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"House" (1977)

Ppl eating house in Japan. Movie was silly & surreal but not scarey. Couple hot chicks but really not worth the time watching.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Hell Up in Harlem" (1973)

Sequel to "Black Caesar" starring Fred Williamson. This was ok tho mostly predictable. Still i like good blaxploitation films.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Val & I went to see Transformers &

Edge of Tomorrow at the Drive - in tonite...

We liked both but EoT is the much better flick.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Kick-Ass 2"

This was pretty good tho not as good as the 1st film. Chloë Grace Moretz has joined the xc wives in-training camp. Probably next yr when she will graduate to bride-of-xc status. Yay her, yay xc.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"A Hard Day's Night"

Some b&w movie bout a boy band from England called the Beagles or the Beetlejuices or sumtin. i doubt they make it as a group.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Now You See Me"

4 illusionists are gathered to pull off a con. Lotta talent in this flick. Sadly not much of a story. too much of a gimmick & can't recommend this movie.