Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Meet John Doe" (1941)

Classic Gary Gooper/Barbara Stanwyck flick about the common man. Dated movie now but still fun.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Lost Horizon" (1937)

A fave film. Paradise hidden in mountains, Ppl stay young longer, feel better, no obombya no crazy ppl no taxes or irs, paradise.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Mean Girls"

Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdamscrazed, Amanda Seyfriedcrazed...2 xc wives in same film. Lindsay was hot too but too bad she aged 50 yrs since this came out.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Yah I enjoyed Mean Girls too,,

I Nicknamed Val.... Gretchen Weiners ....

She Deserves it..!

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"School of Rock"

Jack Black teaches rock n roll to rich prep kids. Like this flick, always a fave, but there should be an updated version with indie rock music.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Bend It Like Beckham"

Always liked this comedy. Funny & unassuming & i think this was Kiera Knightley's 1st movie.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire"

Jennifer Lawrencecrazed in the sequel. Liked it as much as the 1st film even tho it was pretty long.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Manhunt In Space" (1953)

Part of the Rocky Jones series, watched this from MST3K dvd. Movie was ok but silly.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Aviator"

Dicrapio as Howard Hughes. Excellent flick. Its the way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Val & I watched Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug again in 3D tonite....

I have to say I really like digital & 3D adds
to a movie with good visuals .

I love this Movie...
Smaug ..Awesome..Times 3
Tauriel...Delicious...
Gandalf....Perfection!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thersites:
Val & I watched Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug again in 3D tonite....

I have to say I really like digital & 3D adds
to a movie with good visuals .

I love this Movie...
Smaug ..Awesome..Times 3
Tauriel...Delicious...
Gandalf....Perfection!

That movie ain't been here for long time. We aint got no discount theatres, just crappy high costing AMC theatres. But this flick will be on dvd soon so i rent it then or buy used copy when it goes on sale.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Jacket"

Hadn't seen this in awhile. Adrien Brody & Kiera Knightlycrazed in a time travel thru morgue box flick. Paradoxes galores but i liked it.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
"The Jacket"

Hadn't seen this in awhile. Adrien Brody & Kiera Knightlycrazed in a time travel thru morgue box flick. Paradoxes galores but i liked it.

Ive never seen this, Sounds like I might like it..

Too bad for the stupid name...gives no clue that its SciFi

Why DO they give TV shows & Movies assinine 1 or 2 word names...that tell you nothing..?

Dumb f@kk3rz !!!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
"The Jacket"

Ive never seen this, Sounds like I might like it..

Too bad for the stupid name...gives no clue that its SciFi

Why DO they give TV shows & Movies assinine 1 or 2 word names...that tell you nothing..?

Dumb f@kk3rz !!!

Not really sci-fi. It's more a psych mystery that has time travel as subplot.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Inside Llewyn Davis"

Stoopid flick about early '60s days of folk music pre-Dylan. Unlikeable, uninteresting characters & a dull, dull, dull story.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Thor- the Dark World"

i'm surprised i stayed awake thru this convoluted mess. Yawn. Too much SFX put me to sleep. Just bores the poo outta me. i wish they'd have kept Thor on earth fightin villains like Mr Hyde, the Cobra, the Absorbing Man & all the great earthly foes cuz Asgard is dullsville. Jane Foster is lame here, not much role for Sif. Maybe they bring in Ms Marvel for Thor, the Carol Danvers Ms Marvel.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Godsend" (1981)

UK flick about a demonic child who ends with a family other than her own & kills off all 5 kids in the fam. Only the dad catches on that the kid is bad.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Thor- the Dark World"

i'm surprised i stayed awake thru this convoluted mess. Yawn. Too much SFX put me to sleep. Just bores the poo outta me. i wish they'd have kept Thor on earth fightin villains like Mr Hyde, the Cobra, the Absorbing Man & all the great earthly foes cuz Asgard is dullsville. Jane Foster is lame here, not much role for Sif. Maybe they bring in Ms Marvel for Thor, the Carol Danvers Ms Marvel.

I wish Natalie Portman had been cast as someone else{Who would get A LOT more screen time} but,ya get whatcha get,

I think this is one of 2013's BEST movies...

We just dont like the same stuffage...

PS..Sif was kind of a bit player in the Comic when I was reading it....
mid& late 60s...

But then More Babe-age ALWAYS improves a movie Big Grin

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:

PS..Sif was kind of a bit player in the Comic when I was reading it....
mid& late 60s...

But then More Babe-age ALWAYS improves a movie Big Grin

Later in the '70s & beyond, different writers gave Sif a larger part & she became babe-a licious. Jane Foster has been in-&-out of the comic, mostly out.

Thor Dork World reminds me of Conan with super powers. i'd rather them ditch Asgard & put Thor on earth in his comic book crippled guy ID. Tho they can't use the name Don Blake cuz they already did.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Mr Nobody"

The story of xc? not this time. Jared Leto as real old guy in a sci-fi fantasy recalling his past thru recollections of what-if memories. Enuff SFX for xc & a good story to boot.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
What if I found something thats gonna Scare XC.?

Poll: Which was your favorite 2013 summer Blockbuster?

Look at the list & see whats vote to be the Fave..???

I was shocked too!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
What if I found something thats gonna Scare XC.?

Poll: Which was your favorite 2013 summer Blockbuster?

Look at the list & see whats vote to be the Fave..???

I was shocked too!

The key word is "blockbuster". Movies that appeal to mostly teens & pre-teens with little to do but money to spend. They who abhor a film with a plot cuz they hate to think.

Then there's the IMDB factor which attaracts the Rotten Tomatoes board rejects! 'Nuff said.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"American Hustle"

Love this movie. Ok it does have 2 xc wives in it- Amy Adamscrazed & J Lawcrazed- but even tho that it's still a great flick with great story & acting.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Val, that weasel, got us "free" tickets to a Regal Cinema showing of Divergent....

It was Mobbed...I was in the 2nd last seat in the top row on the left..It was almost claustrphobic...there was no air, it was hot & crampy & uncomfortable...
The corner seat next to me was the ONLY vacant seat I could see in the theatre.

The pop & popcorn we bought cost $19.25 !!!!

The movie has an Impossible dystopian/utopian future more poorly imagined than the Hunger Games one.

But if you swallow that bit of absurdity...its not a bad movie.
I enjoyed it as did Val.
Its mostly an action flick but doesnt have a lot of Violence...& not even one car chase that I can recall..LOL

No, xc....it doesnt require alotta thought...but what the hell..LOL

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:

The pop & popcorn we bought cost $19.25 !!!!

When i used to go to theatres i would sneak in a can of pop in either my jacket or baseball cap (my head didn't like this). Maybe a candy bar too if it was a long movie. For 19.25 you could get a couple dinners at Bob Evans!