Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i saw "The Master" last nite. Ugh, they need to cut about 45 min off this flick. Good cast & cinematography but it was too dern long. Plus it had the inklings of a great story but nothing to move it along or fill it in.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Over the last 3 nites i watched "The Stand" mini-series on dvd. It was an okay version of Stevie King's book though i don't care for Molly Ringworm (Frannie is a blonde in the book).

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Saw "Hitchcock" & "Life of Pi" yesterday. Hitch was the better of the two. Pi was too long, too preachy.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Saw "Men In Back 3" on cable last nite. It was much better than i thought it would be.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Finally watched "The Hobbit" last nite. Excellent! i can't wait for the rest of the series now.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Watched a fave from a few years back last nite, "Inside Man". Denzel Washington & Clive Owen as cop & bank robber. Good flick.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Lincoln" and "Zero Dark Thirty". Probably liked "Lincoln" better. Both were too long.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Saw "Moonrise Kingdom" last nite. Picked up a fine used dvd copy. Great flick, excellent cinematography.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
True Grit This was good the 14 yr old girl was just an amazing actress

Thor Loved this

The Adjustment Bureau & Source Code Im a Sci-Fi nut

Tree Of Life Good but Odd

Another Earth & Melancolia Liked both

Life of Pi Very Good

Hobbit VGood but no where near the LotR trilogy

Flight VGood

Zero Dark Thirty VGood

Argo VGood but I expected more I thought it would be better after al the buzz.

Silver Linings Playbook Worried over the first 15-20 minutes of total loud chaos but it eneded really well.

Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters Very good & funny

Jack the Giant Slayer Maybe even better & funnier.

compliance I am downloading this as we um ...speak?

Seaching for Sugarman Movie Vgood his music is/was awfully bland. I can see why he didnt make it big.

Hitchcock Ok, kinda forgettable, even tho I love SJ & Jessica Biel.

The Master One of the MOST BORING movies I have ever watched...I Hated it
Worst movie I saw all year...maybe all century.

Beasts of the Southern Wild - Lame

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Now stuff you havent mentioned.

Warm Bodies - Good but a little Too Sappy

Dead Man Down - Better than I thought it would be wasnt even going to go to it.

There is one called Lore about a German girl having to journey across post WW2 Germany {alone?}to get somewhere.
I REALLY want to see this one.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i watched "A Dangerous Method" tonite, taped it on the dvr. Freud, Jung & Kiera Knightly. It was ok though the only character i could root for was Jung's wife as he was a jerk.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
That was alright....I just watched my lil honey Jessica Biel in the Tall Man Which was just twisty enuff to be good.

Ps:
I wanna claim her & Jessica Chastain before they become XC wives & disappear forever.LOL

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thersites:
Ps:
I wanna claim her & Jessica Chastain before they become XC wives & disappear forever.LOL

xc wife Jen Con makes all decisions on who gets to be xc wife as she has harem seniority. She says Jessica Chastain was being considered but lost out to Jen Law. So you can have yer claims.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Watched am old flick tonite. "Twilight's Last Gleaming". No, nuthin to do with Kristen Stewart. It's Burt Lancaster as rogue general who takes over missile silo & will release nuclear missiles unless prez Charles Durning tells the real secret reason for the Vietnam War to the ppl. Good political thriller but needed some hot chicks to lighten things up.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I watched this tonite.

The Martian Chronicles 1980 Imdb TV minisreies

Wow it was a very low production values stinker.

The story even seemed lame.
I have never read Ray Bradbury's Martian Chronicles but I thought it would be a better story than this.

This is dopey & implausible from beginning to end. And it d r a g s . . . . . . . . . .on & on.

In one scene I think they said the same things over & over again.Not for a dramatic effect, it was just filler.

I have read some of RB's Stuff when I was much younger.

He struck me as being a flowery writer.
Gets an idea & milks it for all he can.

I felt his renown was more for being a 'wordsmith' than being an imaginative Sci-Fi writer per se.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Django Unchained". Jeepers what a long movie. They should have trimmed this down. Christoph Waltz was good, soundtrack was excellent. The first half was best. Towards the end it dragged & there was stuff happened that didn't ring true, just seemed like a way to move the plot forward. But i like the movie & how it seemed like a spaghetti western (mmmmmm spaghetti).

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Just saw 'Stoker' with Val... it was soso

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Watched T&A sword-n-sorcery flick "Deathstalker 2" last nite. Lotta mid-'80s metal hairstyles & stoopid dialogue. At least it didn't take itself seriously.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i watched a favorite last nite- "Almost Famous". i wish i had the director's cut version as there's over half hour of deleted scenes which are supposed to add to the characters. Lotta good quotes on music from Lester Bangs, tho i'm not sure if they're really his. Zooey is in this too. Good oldies music & a fine rock n roll story.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Val & I watched 'the Host' yesterday evening.

It was pretty good SciFi. It was written by the 'Twilight" author....

Yes yes sparkly aliens ..precious.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i saw a movie called "The Host", from like '06 have it on dvd. Its about a giant sea monster that attacks Korea. Pretty kool stuff.

i saw "The Witches" last nite. Mid '60s flick starring Joan Fontaine. It wasn't scarey or bloody & didn't kick in til the end when they had a funky sacrificial virgin dance thing.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Val conned me into seeing Admission

Tina fey Paul Rudd.......It was better than I expected.

More of a Rom-Com than anything else.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Silver Linings Playbook"

'nuff said

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Watched what may be my all time fave movie tonite: "Dark City". Never tire of this movie.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
With Jen Con .....?
I prefer it to that 3 part Muddle that was callled ..... Ummmmm the Matrix...!!!!