Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Redbox has bestowed upon me a free rental coupon. About to reserve on line. Choices are limited. Hmmm anyone see / have opinions on any of the following?:

Beautiful Creatures

Warm Bodies

Mama

Jack The Giant Slayer

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:
Redbox has bestowed upon me a free rental coupon. About to reserve on line. Choices are limited. Hmmm anyone see / have opinions on any of the following?:

Beautiful Creatures

Warm Bodies

Mama

Jack The Giant Slayer

i seen "Warm Bodies" & "Jack The Giant Slayer".

"Warm Bodies" is the better of the two, IMO.Zombie romantic comedy. Great chemistry between the main stars. i ended up buying a dvd copy.

"Jack" is good for SFX-ridden movie but still pretty predictable.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Harvey"

Yeah the Jimmy Stewart classic bout the invisible 6 ft rabbit. Hadn't seen it in ages. It was funny but still sad.

"Final War"

Saw this on a MST3k dvd. One of the worse movies ever made. Cyborgs & dinosaurs hunt breeded humans ha ha. MST3k robots were funny & there was a real cute blonde chick in the film that got me thru it.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Seeking a Friend for the End of the World"

Not what I expected (okay I expected nothing, I'd stumbled on it while channel surfing HBO) but I liked it kinda.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:
"Seeking a Friend for the End of the World"

Not what I expected (okay I expected nothing, I'd stumbled on it while channel surfing HBO) but I liked it kinda.

i liked that movie. Not great but pretty good. Like that Kiera's character was into vinyl.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Rented "Mud" today.

Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon & a coupla teenage boys in Arkansas. McConaughey's hiding out on a Ms River island. Pretty good flick, a tad overlong but still a good story.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Breaking Away"

Bike race flick filmed in xc's home town. Town looks a lot different today.

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
was that the one where they swam in the old levy and the kid tried to speak French the whole time?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn:
was that the one where they swam in the old levy and the kid tried to speak French the whole time?

Close! They swam in a quarry & the kid tried to speak Italian.

i almost showed up in a scene in the movie. But i suppose they'd have to rate the movie an X for xtreme scariness if i'd been in it!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Swamp Thing"

Adrienne Barbeau, Ray Wise. Hadn't seen this is many moons. Nice Saturday matinee kinda stuff.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"In Time"

Amanda "new xc wife" Seyfrield, Justin Timberpond. Ya know i thought this would be like "Logan's Run" as i was hopin more for a social commentary but it ended up more like "Robin Hood". Still it was worth a buck rental.

And long overdue Amanda Seyfried becomes an xc wife!

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed In Time too....but Sci-Fi Always gets an extra star from me....

I watched Spring Breakers today.....Meh
I think James Franco's attempt at an accent was Awful....
but then I have Never seen anything he did where I could say he was a good actor..

I also watched The Good The Bad & the Ugly...Which I havent sen in its entirety since I was a Kid....held up fairy well considering its age.

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Just before bedtime I watched STarship Troopers Invasion...
Its not bad for a Glorified cartoon.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Arena"

i picked up this dirt cheap pack of 4 sci-fi flicks, all set in the future, all full of cheese. This one's about fights set in an arena about a big spaceship. It reeked of Star Wars influence. Oh well, i like cheese.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
R.I.P.D....saw it tonite...

Its starts off Scarily unfunny.....but it gets better as it goes along.....

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Re watched "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". Definitely in my top ten.

"Savages" was definitely an Oliver Stone film. Can always spot his work. Wasn't terrible, but wish they would have cast the main girl/narrator differently.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

I found that Utterly forgettable myself....

Of course its not my cup of tea....

Neither was Pacific Rim unfortunately..

Its 1/2 Transformers & 1/2 Cloverfield...Sadly its not the better halves....

I think Guillermo Del Toro is nothin but a Fat,Smelly Untalented mouth-breather.... & thats bein Nice about it......

Edited to add...Its just one plot cliche after another with NO surprises....Lazy & pedistrian

I didnt really expect much & it couldnt deliver even that..!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Thersites,

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Val conned me into Girl Most Likely last nite...

Its barely Ok needed alot more laffs....Its quite forgettable

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I saw Man of Steel in 3d tonite..

Im likin 3d more & more...this was WAY WAT Better than that Pacific Rim-job..Offal...

Im LOVING my new Cheapy 3d movie theatre......
Movie Pop & Popcorn was $12

Yeah !!!!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Sapphires"

All-girl aboriginal singers tour Vietnam with their Irish manager. i've heard this is loosely based on a true story but it's got a hollywood (more like hollow-wood) feel-good-movie treatment that don't ring true. It looks like a tv movie, kind of cut-n-paste. It was ok but i'd rather have seen a documentary on the real singers.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Cowboys & Aliens"

Indy Jones & James Bond vs aliens. Didn't care for the initial human vs alien scene at nite. This was pretty predictable. Might have been better had it been cheesy.

"Return of the Swamp Thing"

Good amount of cheesiness. Heather Locklear & mutant creatures (they should have run amok) & isle of lost souls-lite & coulda done without the two kids.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thersites:
I saw Man of Steel in 3d tonite..

Im likin 3d more & more...this was WAY WAT Better than that Pacific Rim-job..Offal...

Im LOVING my new Cheapy 3d movie theatre......
Movie Pop & Popcorn was $12

Yeah !!!!

What a deal- I need one of those theaters near me!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Watched "Mad Monster" on a MST3K dvd. Silly George Zucco flick about a mad scientist & a werewolf. The MST3K robots were only slightly funny this time round.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"12 Monkeys"

Hadn't seen this in its entirety since it first came out. Gotta soft spot for time travel flicks. Gotta an even softer soft for Madeline Stowe circa mid-1990s. Great film.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Gone"

Amanda Seyfriedcrazed stars in this flick. She was once kidnapped but no-one believes her & now her sister is kidnapped & nobody believes her. Best thing bout this flick is the hotness of Amanda. It gets ya thru the fact that there are plot holes big enuff to drive a tank thru.