Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
XC, were you a fan of HBO's "Big Love" ? Xc-wife Seyfried was pretty good in that as a youngster.

*Edited due to the big chicken

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I just saw White House Down .
It was better than I thought it would be....

It started off a bit pedestrian...but it took a fun tack.

The little girl makes the movie.

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:
XC, were you a fan of HBO's "Big Love" ? Xc-wife Seyfried was pretty good in that as a youngster.

*Edited due to the big chicken

Never did see it. i don't have HBO. Got rid of it long ago to pick up Starz/Encore. Frown

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Anyone see Olympus Has Fallen? I have a free rental credit that expires this weekend and a
I am considering it.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
IMDB rates this Equal to White House Down.. I definitely prefer WHD....

But this is NOT my kind of movie.....so Im a poor judge of whether you'll enjoy either.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Great Gatsby"

Enjoyed this, pretty faithful to the book. i dunno bout Toby McSpidey in it tho. Not sure why they used modern music in the '20s! oh well.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Smashed"

Finally saw this flick that stars xc wife Mary Elizabeth Winsteadcrazed. She plays an alcoholic wife/teacher who starts going to AA meetings despite having a drunk hubby. MEW is really great in this role & deserves an Oscar bid. Course i'm biased cuz she's in the harem but still!

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I just saw The Heat w/Sandra Bullock & Melissa McCarthy..

IMDB gives it 7/10
My newspaper gave it 1& 1/2 outta 4

Its somewhere in between.... Its not bad but certainly not great...

I really like Sandra B.....Shes damn charming.....always..LOL

The movie needed a bit more humor...
Do you remember when comedies were funny..?

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Veal made me watch Mortal Instrument: City of Bones it was pretty good....

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Saw the "Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" movie tonite.

i'd seen it before, it seemed better then.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Way West"

Caught this on Turner Classics. Kirk Douglas, Robt Mitchum, buncha stars from the '50s & '60s in a western where they head to Or-uh-gone from Miss-yer-uri. Some silly scenes some koolage.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I saw Elysium which I was quite looking forward to but it was more than a bit of a disappointment.

Why dont Hollywood people find BETTER sci-fi books & ideas to make into movies...

I cant imagine who looked at that script & said "WoW! ..This will make a great Movie!"

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Story of a 3-day Pass"

Have owned this dvd for a long time but never saw it til last nite. Not sure where i got it or why, maybe when i had more money & was buying blaxploitation films as a hobby. It's not that kinda film but made my Marvin Van Peebles. Black serviceman in France meets a Paris chick & encounters racism. Character study i guess, film looks great but coulda used more on plot.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Along the Great Divide"

Kirk Douglas movie i taped when it was Kirk week on TCM. Kirk is a marshall taking Walter Brennan in for a murder he might not have committed. Pretty good western.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I saw Kick-Ass 2 which I rather quite liked..

Awfully foul-mouthed for no particular reason..
This movie is NOT for kids..

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Place Beyond the Pines"

Overlong crime drama with many characters i didn't care for. The last 3rd of the movie was kinda dopey. Good acting tho too bad the story wasn't good throughout.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"World War Z"

Brad vs the zombies. This was better than i expected. Now me want brains to est!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Valley of the Dragons" (1961)

Silly b-movie Jules Verne stuff. Two guys in Algeria are swept off earth in the tail of a comet. In the comet is a slice of earth from prehistoric times. The cave ppl are a mic of neanderthal men & hot cave chicks. Lotsa big dinosaurs! Funnage!

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Val & I saw the new Riddick Movie...Good but not great....

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Cellular"

Hadn't seen this in years. Kim Basinger & Chris Evans, dirty cops, kidnapping, car chase, girls in bikinis, cell phones. Cliched & predictable but still pretty enjoyable.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Star Trek In Darkness"

Really enjoyed this, more than the first one of the new series. Hope they continue with this cast for many years to come.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Iron Man 3"

well they coulda trimmed 30 min outta this easily. It's better than IM2 but not the 1st film. The twists were good tho i doubted the villain's motivations. i'm ready for Avengers 2 now.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Beast of Yucca Flats"

Halloween movie time for October. 1st up is this ultra-cheesy flick starring Tor Johnson. It was on MST3K dvd so that made it much more tolerable to watch. Not much of a monster flick as Tor became a radioactive beast tho he looked like he had got burned roasting marshmallows.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Curse of the Demon" (1958)

Dana Andrews investigates UK satanic cult. Nice horror flick, well produced, good acting. They don't make 'em like this anymore sad to say.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Timecrimes" (2007)

Not a horror flick really but a suspenseful time travel with a human monster, if ya will. Seen it yrs ago but enjoyed it much more tonite. One of the best time travel movies ever.