Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Roadie" (1980?)

Meatloaf, Blondie, Alice Cooper, Roy Orbison.

This was silly but i hadn't seen it in ages. The music performances were the best.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Don Jon"

Boring. Scarlett was hot but dumb as a sack of hammers. So was everyone in this movie 'cept maybe Julianne Moore.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Conjuring"

This was ok. Not sure why it's rated R. Ending wasn't as good as the beginning & the build-up.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Enough Said"

The lady from Seinfield & the guy from the Sopranos start dating. It was ok but slow getting to the point.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Spectacular Now"

Teen coming-of-age flick. More realistic than most of these kind of movies. i liked.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Stepford Wives" (1975)

This was ok except for the ending. Katherine Ross' character was outta character. i wanted to see her go postal. Too bad.

"The Butler"

Meh. Could have been better. Ending sucked with obombya being praised. Phooey.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"20 ft From Stardom"

Excellent documentary on backup singers. This should have been at least 30-45 min longer.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Val & I watched 47 Ronin tonite..

It was better than I expected ..

with Fantastical elemnts that ,I felt, added to it.

I dunno if any of you remember but Im NOT big on Japanese/Chinese.. type stuff it usually bores me..

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Captain Phillips"

This was pretty good tho long. Tom Hanks is usually good despite material. Movie didn't drag & was worth the rental.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Blue Jasmine"

Really enjoyed this Woody Allen movie. Kate was good throughout. Rich ppl only get theirs in the movies, eh? Mostly.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

Good movie to watch when i'm feeling down

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Rush"

Thor & some German guy race cars. Pretty good movie for a racing flick.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Fahrenheit 451" (1966)

Julie Christie & some German guy in a society that burns books & gives pleasure pills for happiness (i wouldn't mind those). Excellent.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"What's the Matter with Helen" (1971)

Cheesy psycho flick starring Shelly Winters, Debbie Reynolds & Dennis Weaver. Guess they needed the money back then.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"America 3000" (1986)

Ha! Excellent cheesy post-apocalyptic flick where the Amazons have big hair & rule the western US. Head Amazon is named Vena & they throw chakrams early on. i betcha Rob Crapert saw this & ripped 'em off. But i liked it, it was dumb but fun.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Arabesque" (1966)

Gregory Peck & Sophia Loren. James Bond/Hitchcock kinda flick. Silly but fun.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"About Time"

Rachel McAdamscrazed is in this time travel romantic comedy. The main male character reminded me of Ron Weasley. i just couldn't picture them as a couple but oh well. Good movie.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Planet Terror"

Been a few yrs since i last saw this. Funny bloody stuff. Hot chicks. BBQ food made me hungry.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Time Guardian" (1987)

Stoopid Aussie-mad Star Wars rip-off that even stars Carrie Fisher. Cheap SFX & stoopid plot. Some of the Aussie town scenes were okay but the sci-fi moments sucked. Not enuff cheese in this flick.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Silver Bullet"

Werewolf flick. Gary Busey vs the werewolf. Good stuff.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Val & I watched the Book Thief the udder nite.
It was quite a good movie.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Russians are Coming Russians are Coming" (1966)

Hilarious movie bout Russkie sub come aground on a Massachewsit isle.

"Sandlot" (199?)

Kid baseball flick good for laffs & nostalgia

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Val & I saw I,Frankenstein in 3D tonite..
I liked it as did she...

I could certainly watch it again.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Nebraska"

Really liked this. Slow-paced but both funny & sad.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Gravity"

Exciting & suspenseful. Good flick that was just right length.