Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thunderstruck:

I'm not against PC when it makes sense but ....

I know Im justan Old Fart... but does PC EVER make sense...

I think its why Democratic "Progress"ives <--Roll Eyes lose so much...

the Progressive nutballs HAD to have their...low competence Black man Prez.....

AND partly due to him & the Crazy backlash...thatI KNEW* was gonna happen

We have Trump & an All Republican govt of Traitiors....

Both sides are winning on the things they are most WRONG about......

Makes me sick.....We keep electing Fucktards who Just WANT to be President ...not people who can do anything good or right or positive.

Visionless, thoughtless ego-maniacs...

*Yes back in 2008 when BO beat Hillary

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"She's Out of My League"

Hot blonde chick falls for nerdy guy. He can't understand why, she wants a guy who won't dump her or two-time her. Some funny lines, some dumb stuff. All in all a rom-com that's too impossible to ever happen.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Book of Henry"

This came out last year. Some genius kid thinks the neighbor chick is being abused by her step-dad. Twists & turns but the story was kinda weak and filled with plot holes.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
"She's Out of My League"

Hot blonde chick falls for nerdy guy. He can't understand why, she wants a guy who won't dump her or two-time her. Some funny lines, some dumb stuff. All in all a rom-com that's too impossible to ever happen.

Yeah that movie was a shy boy's wet dream...
the girl was played by Alice Eve ... I think wasnt it?
She is/was Gorgeous..!!!

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Yeah, that was Alice Eve.

"Under The Same Moon"

Mexican boy tries to join his mom who's an illegal in LA. This was pretty good & seemed mostly authentic and not forced. Some good music throughout which was not put on the soundtrack CD for whatever reason.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"I, Tonya"

Margot Robbie is so hot. Anyway, she does great as Harding. i never liked Nancy Karrigan, she seemed like a stuck up, rich ass bitch. Really liked this movie, funny and sad both.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Taped this last week i guess it was. i'd never seen the movie before & never cared for the tv show mostly because of the chick who played Buffy.

In the movie, Kristy Swanson plays Buffy. i would've watched the tv show had she been in it. The chick who played Buffy in the tv show had no personality, IMO. Certainly she couldn't hold a candle to Kristy.

Still, it was a goofy movie & would've been better as a drama.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri"

This was good but some parts of it were very unbelievable for a movie trying to imitate real life. The acting was top notch though.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"State of Play"

Political thriller, seemed like old timey Hollywood stuff. Good cast but the ending was kinda disappointing after the build-up that came before.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Just watched:
Game Night & Red Sparrow

Jason Bateman was Very Good as Usual but I have a soft spot for Rachel McAdams.

the movie was good & fun ...worth the time certainly

Red Sparrow was better....Damn JLaw can act...
was nearly 2 1/2 hours but it pretty much just breezed on by.
Very well done....

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Black Panther"

This was okay but very predictable. They needed to have a better villain, someone like Kraven the Hunter.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Well, I FINALLY caught up with Alicia Vikander's

Tomb Raider

I liked it a LOT.

& Aint Nuthin you can do about it!

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I finally got a copy of Oldeboi
which I was told was VASTly superior to the more recent American one..

OH MI GOD !!!!!!

What a piece of shit.....I struggled to watch a 1/2
hour of it & gave up in DISGUST!

Fuck that movie & who ever liked it....

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
"Black Panther"

This was okay but very predictable. They needed to have a better villain, someone like Kraven the Hunter.

I just watched this myself....I dont think its 1 of
Marvel's best ...but I liked it more than I expected

It didnt seem predictable to me...

but then my predictor is on the fritz lately.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Rented a movie called "The Endless" recently.

It was a low-budget, UFO death cult, time loop movie. At first i thought it was going to be about religious cults but it morphed into a far wider story. I'm glad the SFX were low budget & they didn't ruin the story. i like movies in the time loop genre and this one was different and good in that way. It's probably not an easy movie to find though it might be on Amazon Prime.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Watched "Ant Man and the Wasp" recently.

It was pretty good. Recent Marvel movies have been too much end-of-the-universe crap. They don't need all that grandeur stuff to make a good story. Just stick with average villains and cut out the doom & gloom, enuff of that in the world as it is.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Yes!

Ant Man and the Waspwas just great!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Rented "A Simple Favor" the other night

It's a dark-comedy drama with some twists that you may or may have expected. It's different & better than the usual mainstream crap.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Watched a couple movies from the '90s recently, "The Usual Suspects" and "The Players".

They were both very good & different, i had seen The Usual Suspects before and most of "The Player".

The 90s were a good decade for odd films. It's harder to finding better quality movies these days.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
SO I saw Mortal Engines Just before the weather went 100% into the dumpster.

It was Purdy. but the story was lacking.
Im sure a less action-y more informative movie coulda been made out of this.
I enjoyed it but its a bit forgettable.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I've been binge-watching all the Harry Potter movies just because they're so well done and I do love that series.

I used to think Goblet of Fire was my favorite of the movies while Half Blood Prince(except for the end) was my favorite of the books. Now, I'm not so sure. I love the Order of the Phoenix movie more and more as I watch it. The Deathly Hallows are both heartbreakers.

I just realized that the Deathly Hallows 1 movie starts and ends with major Niagra Falls-type tearjerkers. I mean seriously, I'm bawling my eyes out in the first fifteen minutes and at the end...fuggetabutit!

I remember all the cool threads Amethyst used to make about the books whenever they'd come out. Those were fun threads!!! Smile

Not sure what I'm gonna watch tonight. Maybe a Johnny flick Sweeney Todd, Edward Scissorhands? Or maybe Sleepy Hollow or Nick of Time. Christopher Walken cracks me up lmao, so maybe the latter will win. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Free Madness,

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Rented Venom. It wasn't too bad though very predictable. If they had stuck with the Venom's origin in the comics, that would have been much better.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I hate to say it but now that my daughter is busy being a mom I pretty much never go to the movies....

Tho I might for Capt Marvel & the Avengers {whateva} thats just too good to watch on a TV.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Well I watched Capt Marvel it was good.
but just OK for a Marvel movie.

Seemed almost unnecessary ....
I would have WAY preferred a Scar Jo movie...

I wish she had been given a more important Character.

Maybe Doctor Strange-piece ! ...LoL

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i saw "Avengers: Endgame" & it was very good.

Also saw "Gone Girl" again. It was way too long.