Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Last nite saw "Chances Are" which i hadn't seen in yrs & yrs. Robt Downey Jr just a kid in this practically. Mary Stuart Masterson, Cybil Shephard & Ryan O'Neil also in it. It is ok rom-com with reincarnation theme.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Star Wars: The Force Awakens"

Well it's basically a rehash of the other Star Wars. But it's still good. It's not worth all the praise & hype but it's worth seeing if you like the Star Wars flicks.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Watched "Love and Mercy" on dvd which is the Brian Wilson story. Nice bonus features with the movie.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i'm hoping to see The Revenant this weekend, weather permitting. otherwise i'll see it on dvd.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Martian"

This was okay tho a bit long. 1st half was pretty good then it got silly & cheesy & even more unbelievable in the 2nd half. Matt Damon did great job.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
i'm hoping to see The Revenant this weekend, weather permitting. otherwise i'll see it on dvd.

Saw The Revenant last nite. DiCrapio should get the Oscar for this. Movie was very good tho it made me cold just to watch it!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Bridge of Spies" Mama xc & me saw this on blu-ray over the weekend. It was very good even tho it was pretty long. Tom Hanks did grear job as did everyone in the movie.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Blue Dahlia" (1946)

Mama xc & i saw this on TCM over the weekend. It was pretty good film noir with Veronica Lake.

i also watched The Ant-Man movie on dvd again. Good flick.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Over the weekend mama xc & me saw "Trumbo" on dvd. It was very good. It's about the days when Washington were investigating commies or suspected commies. Trumbo was a Hollywood screenwriter who was blacklisted by those morons in DC. Excellent flick.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Taped "Tomorrowland" & saw it tonite. One of my wives, Britt Robertsoncrazed, is in this. Now she's 25 yrs old at the time but plays a 16 yr old! And she's incredibly hot! *fans self8 It's about a future place & George Clooney is a scientist or something & there's crazed robots & stuff. Luckily hot Britt keeps it from fallin apart.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Big Eyes" Finally got to see this Amy Adamscrazed movie and it was very good. She plays an artist who lets her husband take credit for her work. Nice to see Amy as a blonde, she really hot! Great flick, she should have got an award for it.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Brooklyn"

Rented the dvd. It was okay. Girl leaves Ireland for Brooklyn. Twas slow & the story nose-dived in the 3rd act but the acting was good.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Big Short"

It's about the housing market crash of '08 when Wall St screwed us over. Georgey Bushit did nuthin to help & neither did Butthole obombya.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Werewolf Woman"

This was very cheesy and poor acted but i still liked it. Hard to find, this one.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Last nite watched "Stone"- a cult biker flick from Aussieland. Really fun stuff.

Tonite i saw "Man from Snowy Again" for the umpteenth time. But it's a great film- again from Aussieland- and Kirk Douglas shines in dual roles.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Last nite watched "Pandora's Box" a 1929 silent flick which was very good. It's star, Louise Brooks, was a hottie and it was a great story.
Got it on dvd.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Captain America: Civil war"

Finally saw this last nite & in 3D. Very good stuff, the Capt America flicks are always my fave pf the Marvels series. Probably get this on dvd or blu-ray when it comes out.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I gotta check out the Captain America/marvel movies one day. Always loved superhero movies...still fondly remember Christopher Reeve in Superman 1 and 2! Big Grin

They were the best Superman movies. The ones that followed...ehh. Razz

Wanna see the old Spidey movies too, not the new juiced up with special effects ones from recently. Razz

John and I watched Disney's Pochahantas two nights ago...great tribute to the Native Americans. Disney did a pretty good job!!! It helped that Native Americans worked on the production too. Smile

Even if Hellbound Bigotson did the voice of John Smith. Razz Well that of course is before he went apeshite...but it is kinda ironic anywho. Still recommend the movie. If they did a remake, I'd want Johnny to do Smith but that's obvious of course. Big Grin

Naah, not a remake, they should re-dub it with Johnny just to make a statement to Bigotson. evil Eeehehehe...Razz Wink

Besides, Johnny could SING it at least and not have his voice dubbed like Bigotson did!!!! Wink Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i liked the first 2 Superman movies and yeah, the others weren't too good. But i did like "Superman Returns". The new ones are meh though Amy Adamscrazed is a droolfest as Lois Lane.

i liked Spiderman 2 the best of those movies. i hope the new one next year is good.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Saw "Deadpool" last nite. R rated superhero-comedy that was really good & bloody. Lotta superhero in-jokes and stuffage. Glad i picked up the dvd.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Seven-Ups" (1973)

Roy Scheider in a gritty NYC cop movie. Nice slice of the times flick.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Mr Holmes"

Sherlock Holmes at 93. Very very very very s-l-o-w.

"The Hateful Eight"

Bloody western with not much of s story. Very very very very s-l-o-w.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Sorcerer"

1977 flick about 4 men in a South America town driving TNT in 2 trunks thru the jungle. Very suspenseful.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Visit"

Kids visit their grand-parents they never seen but all is not right. Real slow until the end but it was okay.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Midnight Special"

A kid has powers. His dad & dad's pal kidnap him from a cult. The cult & the feds are lookin for the kid. Part "ET" part "Under the Skin". It was good.