Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:

"Compliance" Based on true events (unless Faux network covered it). Cute fast food restaurant chick is under fast food place suspicion for stealing mullah from purse. This from someone claiming to be a cop on the phone. If this wasn't bases on real story it'd be totally stoopid cuz you'd wonder how such idiots could exist even in fiction. Worth renting i guess.

Yes This was disturbing.....Especially the little factoid at the end....this happened 30 or was it 70 times across the US..

What a world.

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i'm as mad as hell & i'm not gonna take it anymore!

ha! yeah i watched "Network" tonite. Hadn't seen it in many years. Prophetic flick about a fictional network with a mad prophet newscaster. Predicted the worthlessness of "reality" tv years ahead of its time as well as the phoneyness of Faux News long before it came into existence. Great movie, probably lost on too many viewers tho.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Saw Oz the great & powerful tonite...
I liked it...

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Cave Dwellers" aka "The Blade Master"

This was on a dvd of Mystery Science Theater 3000 eps. Pretty funny stuff. Needed a laugh & this was good.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
How did I not make note of Network that was a great movie.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thersites:
How did I not make note of Network that was a great movie.

This is my favorite scene in "Network".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=player_embedded

Movie was way ahead of its time.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Finally saw "Moonrise Kingdom"- I liked it
At the risk of getting kicked out of tis thread, the scrolls and possibly the planet, I am admitting that I have never seen any of the Iron Man movies.

*ducks for cover*

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:

This is my favorite scene in "Network".

Movie was way ahead of its time.

I had forgotten all about that scene..

He actually makes it sound more peaceful & nicy-nice than it has turned out to be.

Thanx for the link.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:
At the risk of getting kicked out of tis thread, the scrolls and possibly the planet, I am admitting that I have never seen any of the Iron Man movies.

*ducks for cover*

Moonrise Kingdom was SO Last Year... get with the program Lila.!!!!!

See even Lila is talkin about that great new Iron Man 3 movie that XC is seriously not gonna watch...

SO much buzz @ iron man.....

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thersites:
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:

*ducks for cover*

Moonrise Kingdom was SO Last Year... get with the program Lila.!!!!!

See even Lila is talkin about that great new Iron Man 3 movie that XC is seriously not gonna watch...

SO much buzz @ iron man.....

"Moonrise Kingdom" is SO much better than all the Iron Men put together!

BrucE will only like IM3 until he watches the Great Gatsby! ha ha

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Gatsby ...Ewwww.... *shudders lke a skoolgirl*

I used to play chess & read superhero comic books

when I was a young teen....

The Marvel Comicbook movies have gotten better since Marvel took over making their own movies...

Starting with Iron Man 1 in 2008 I think.

I wanted more Scarlett Johansson in Iron Man 2 Than we got...but thats been my only conplaint...

Thor had *swoon* Natalie Portman...

Gatsby I didnt even watch the Redford one....

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Spiderman 2" is my favorite Marvel movie. Followed by the 1st X Men flick.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Thief of Bagdad"

yep it's an old movie. Picked up the dvd last year but only watched it tonite. Looks great, excellent SFX for it's time. Movie should have been widescreen, i always thought they could fix it to be so. i hate full screen.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Side Effects"

Psych thriller starring Rooney Mara (hottie alert), Catherine Zeta-Jones, Jude Law & Channing Tatum. Twist & turns in the plot though one thing at the end didn't jive accordingly. i liked it, def worth a rental.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Yes Side Effects was surprisingly good..

Val & I saw The Call w/Halle Berry

I had heard it was *blah* But Val & I thought it was quite good..

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I just watched Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters Exrended I know its ben a bit butI couldnt place anything in the extra 10 minutes that I hadnt seen before...

Tho I guess they might have lingered on the 'Bathing Beauty' longer than in the theatrical release..

Weird thing is I hadda do a Captcha right after & the password was 'Ginger Bread'

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
ahould be a worst movie seen recently thread...

"Dr. Goldfoot & the Bikini Machine"

Ugh. i thought it might be cheesy funny but not even that.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Just watched Upside Down w Kirsten Dunst & Jim Sturgess

imdb Upside Down

It was pretty good a Love Story

or what a nerd will go thru just for some Nooky..???

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Left Hand of God"

Old Humphrey Bogart movie. He's a priest though not really, he assumed the ID to escape a warlord. Not bad. Good acting, no CGI no SFX just good acting & a plot.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Yes Oblivion is a Very good Movie..

Well paced & builds nicely Not Everything is explained but at least theres no WTF stuff like happened contiuously in Prometheus..

Leaves you pondering but in a good way..

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Watched an old Jackie Chan flick tonite, "Operation Condor".

Silly & pointless but i enjoyed it.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Bite the Bullet" (1975)

Western about a 700 mi horse race. Stars Gene Hackman, James Coburn, Candace Bergen. Pretty long film & dragged part of the way but overall it was worth watching.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Deciding between Cheech & Chong movie & "Wild At Heart" tonite.

Haven't seen C&C for awhile & have never seen "Wild At Heart".

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Instead, i watched "Tucker and Dale vs Evil"

Hillbillies vs college kids vs big misunderstanding. Plenty of blood!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Shaft's Big Score"

Finally saw this on Turner Classics. Better than the original but not as good as "Shaft in Africa".