Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Yep with Jen Con.

i liked 1st Matrix tho not how it ended. Pts 2 & 3 were silly.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Veal & I watch GI Joe Retaliation it wanted to be simple & more complex at the same time...

It was OK......I thought it would be better.

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Short Night of Glass Dolls" Italian giallo film from 1971. Journalist found "dead" though still lives & narrates story. Devil cult thriller but what it has in suspense it lacks in blood & gore which it needed to spice things up.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Rented "The Bay". Toxic nuclear chicken crap parasites attack Maryland town. Filmed Blair Witch style. Okay but not sure how they expect it to be covered up in this media frenzy day & age.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Watched 'The Impossible' and liked it more than I thought I would. First 30+ minutes of graphic injury stuff was a little tough but the story kept me interested despite knowing the basic premise ahead of time. Naomi Watts was good, the kid in it was better.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Yeah I saw the Impossible Well named it seems impossible that their entire family could make it...

I watched On The Road last nite...a disappointment..
quite like The Master a bunch of annoying boring/shitty people I could not give a Toss about.....

Lotsa of that stupid jerky camera work that can be headache inducing...

Wat Way Waaayy too many in much too close camera shots..
Very Poor cinematography.

The camrea work is supposed to make it feel like theres something going on but there isnt...

Just a bunch of pothead drunken 20 somthing stalkin about maybe writing something some day.

Viggo flashes his junk - A G A I N - I really didnt need that ... no no...

but Yay I get too cleanse my brain with Iron Man 3 at an old & beautiful theatre out in a very 'tony' Exo-Suburb...called East Aurora......

Val better get on the horn or be left in the dust.....

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i wanna see "Iron Man 3" tho i've heard its the worst of the 3 films. i just wait til it comes out on dvd.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Val & I thought it was a great action/comic book movie ..rivaling the Avengers.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i may rent 'Wreck It Ralph' today. i heard that was ok. Or maybe 'The Impossible'. i would love to see 'Smashed' but i haven't seen the dvd out anywhere.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
i may rent 'Wreck It Ralph' today. i heard that was ok. Or maybe 'The Impossible'. i would love to see 'Smashed' but i haven't seen the dvd out anywhere.

"Smashed" was interesting w/ good performances, "Wreck It Ralph" was cute, and I reviewed the other one above. Weirdly, those are the 3 DVDs I rented at Redbox last week (w/ a buy 2 get one free rental code) so I know Smashed is available if there is a Redbox near ya. Although, Redbox does not have cute (or any) video store clerks with xc wife potential so maybe that's not the best option... Wink

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Yeah there are Redboxes round here, usually at Krogers or CVS. i haven't checked them out...yet i do wanna see 'Smashed' cuz xc wife Mary Elizabeth Winstead is in it. i asked the cute video store clerkette about it & she said their store won't carry 'Smashed'. As she looked at me with them big green eyes i was 'Smashed'! blush

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Saw 'The Impossible' tonite. Kinda depressing. i should have rented "Wreck It Ralph". i need a comedy next time.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I saw Iron Man 3 last weekend and personally it was my favourite of the 3 Iron Man movies, so to each his own I guess!

Pretty great action sequences and a lot of laughs!

Now to wait for Thor and Captain America! *checks watch*

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i rented "Wreck It Ralph" today. It was good tho not as good as the Pixar animated films. i don't play video games so much of it may have been beyond me.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i watched "Iron Man 2" on dvd. Been awhile since i saw this. A bit overlong. Love Scarlett Johansson. i know someone who has similar looks, we've been friends for the longest time. Mayhap i make Scarlett an xc wife.

"Scarlett Johanssoncrazed prepares to fight other xc wives in the ring for the right to bed mr. xc tonite.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Yeah Salem I liked Iron Man 3 a bit better too....

So XC stole me Scarlett now too

Tough bein an also ran...LOL

I watched Olympus has Fallen....NOT my type of flick...

If you like that sort of thing it probably was OK or better....or not......

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I also watched some Barabbas-y thing with Billy Zane in it.

God, religiousy stuff is SOOooo Odd..!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i'll just wait til Iron Man 3 dvd is out & rent it. Not a big fan of Iron Man anyway. IM2 was okay but could have been trimmed half hr or so.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Mama xc & i watched "Murder Most Foul" earlier tonite. Its a British murder mystery from the early '60s. Pretty good, i had taped it on Turner Classics. They don't make 'em like this anymore. Too much SFX nonsense these days from Boringwood.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i watched "Zombieland" tonite, hadn't seen it since it first came to dvd. The Bill Murray part was hilarious & Woody Harrelson was a riot & xc wife Emma Stone a natural hottie.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Zombieland was a very good movie....

Much better up on the Big Screen ust like Iron Man 3

WHat if No I cant just let it go........... Razz

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Iron Man 4 kicks Iron Man 3 butt to the rust heap!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i watched the original "Return from Witch Mountain" last nite. This one starred Christopher Lee & Bette Davis. i'd seen the Rock version but this was more urban based & still silly but okay.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Okay, not a good movie. "Where the Buffalo Roam". Always heard about it but never saw it til tonite. Major suckage from Bill Murray as Dr Hunter S Thompson. Not funny. i seen infomercials funnier than this crappola.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I watched H2Oil last night its a Canadian documentary about the tar sands oil project...

Its sad horrifying & a total must see...

I thought Canada was better than that..

It creates so much green house gas that one scientist said its game over for global warming if its not stopped....