Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Saw Under the Skin with Scarlett Johansson..

It was unusual, but not very good...

VERY indie. Its feels incomplete..Sketchy...

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thersites:
Saw Under the Skin with Scarlett Johansson..

It was unusual, but not very good...

VERY indie. Its feels incomplete..Sketchy...

That sounds like something i'd like. Smile

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Animal House"

Toga party. Double secret probation. Food fight. Otis Day & the Knights. Still good after all these years.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
How I Live Now

movie on Netflix about finding love...under world war III. Not bad, actually. Much more intense than I expected.

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Hi Discord Man.. I saw that also....

I just quit watching Breaking the Waves * about 3/5ths of the way thru..

It was stupid,boring,unlikely & vaguely nauseating...

But other than that a Wunnerful movie..LOL

It is Amazing how many of these Indie Director types can do movies about sex & Bore the Piss outta ya..!

* 1996 Lars VonTriers

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I guess I didnt mention it ,I went back a coupla pages & didnt see anything.

I liked Lars VonTrier's Melancolia.
I liked it alot & it grew on me...

SO when I found Nymphomaniac P1 & P2 fer download I did& watched them...

I dont understand how ANYONE could make a story about a female sex-fiend so boring & unsexy..

He seems to be fascinated with Sexually/Emotionally unhealthy women...

I had also seen Dogville {which Sucked}, & Anti-Christ,I think, which was so forgettable I cant remember much about it...

I have come to the conclusion that Melancholia is the exception to the rule ...& I dont really care for VonTriers.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Discord Man:
How I Live Now

movie on Netflix about finding love...under world war III. Not bad, actually. Much more intense than I expected.

Seen that dvd at the video store but didn't rent it yet. Maybe i will rent now as it looked interesting.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess I didnt mention it ,I went back a coupla pages & didnt see anything.

I liked Lars VonTrier's Melancolia.
I liked it alot & it grew on me...

SO when I found Nymphomaniac P1 & P2 fer download I did& watched them...

I dont understand how ANYONE could make a story about a female sex-fiend so boring & unsexy..

He seems to be fascinated with Sexually/Emotionally unhealthy women...

I had also seen Dogville {which Sucked}, & Anti-Christ,I think, which was so forgettable I cant remember much about it...

I have come to the conclusion that Melancholia is the exception to the rule ...& I dont really care for VonTriers.

i liked "Melancholia" tho it was pretty melancholy (guess that was the point). i liked the 2nd half of the movie best.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Slaughterhouse-Five" (1972)

i saw this in a small crowded theatre many many moons ago & fell asleep in the theatre. But seeing it again it was okay. i think it kinda reminds me of "About Time" tho much more political. Never read the book, tho i've read a lot of Vonnegut.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Golden Compass"

Saw this when it 1st came out on dvd. It was pretty good, the story moved along at a good pace. But they should've had the sequel. Guess it didn't do well enuff at the box office. It's been 7 yrs now so the girl is all grown up. Too bad it woulda make a nice little movie series.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Beyond the Time Barrier" (1960)

Guy in a jet breaks time barrier in 1960 & lands in 2024. A plague- caused by space rays due to nuclear bomb testing- had wiped out most ppl in 1971. Survivors include mutants and sterile deaf-mutes- except for one hot horny babe with nice legs who's after the jet pilot. It was ok tho seemed more like an overlong Twilight Zone ep.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The House That Dripped Blood" (1971)

Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing. 4 tales of horror about a cursed house. Lee & Cushing made the movie work.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I saw the new Spiderman 2 tonite..{No Spoilers}

Theres a few out in the sticks Movie houses that have specials on Monday & BOTH of them had it up tonite!

It doesnt look good for dear old xc..its a special effects extravaganza...too much destruction almost like Man of Steel...

Theres a LOT going on in the movie...3/4 ths of the way thru youd swear they were stil setting it all up....

I liked it better than the first of the reboot.

Still not crazy about the actors they chose for the leads.No ones personality matches the ones from the comics...which wouldnt have been hard to do...the new personal styles DO NOT add to or improve the story in any way...

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw the new Spiderman 2 tonite..{No Spoilers}

Theres a few out in the sticks Movie houses that have specials on Monday & BOTH of them had it up tonite!

It doesnt look good for dear old xc..its a special effects extravaganza...too much destruction almost like Man of Steel...

Theres a LOT going on in the movie...3/4 ths of the way thru youd swear they were stil setting it all up....

I liked it better than the first of the reboot.

Still not crazy about the actors they chose for the leads.No ones personality matches the ones from the comics...which wouldnt have been hard to do...the new personal styles DO NOT add to or improve the story in any way...

Meh, i seen it good mostly bad reviews. If i see it i either wait til it's on rental dvd or on cable.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Dogora" (1964)

Giant space jellyfish gobbles up coal & diamonds from earth while getting attacked by wasps. Yeah, it's a silly Japanese movie. Not too bad but silly just the same.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"

Saw this for the 2nd time since it came out on dvd. Liked it even better. Mighta been better with the elf chick but oh well.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Almost Famous"

Love this movie, always a great choice. Wish they had a film this good about modern music.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Leap Year"

Amy Adamscrazed romantic comedy. 'Nuff said.

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I saw The Lunchbox tonite...

Its an Indian Flick..It was Ok.

A lot of the Bollywood-ish stuff is too lame for me.

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Metropolis" (2001)

Anime flick that i finally got around to watching. Good story & looked great. Gonna have to dig out my anime dvds & start watchin the movies again.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Time Travelers" (1964)

Excellent grade b sci-fi flick. Scientists go thru window portal into post-apocalyptic future where remaining humans plan to escape to new world. Mutants, androids, hot chicks suntanning, weird time travel loop, lotta fun.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Contamination .7" (1993)

Stoopid, poorly acted flick about radioactive contaminated killer tree limbs that attack small town. Might've been ok as an MST3K show.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Her"

Guy falls for his computer. His neighbor is Amy Adamscrazed but still falls for his PC. i guess it's an ok flick on relationships but c'mon. A bodiless voice just ain't gonna make it.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:

I wonder if thats the movie that inspired the TV Show
'The Time Tunnel'?

Time Tunnel @ imdb

Val & I saw 'Noah' tonite it was pretty good!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:

I wonder if thats the movie that inspired the TV Show
'The Time Tunnel'?

Time Tunnel @ imdb

Val & I saw 'Noah' tonite it was pretty good!

Yeah i think Irwin Allen stole the idea for the show from The Time Travelers movie.