Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thersites:
To continue....Emma Stone IS a good actress but she just doesnt have that, "Je ne sais quoi"
that some actresses have.You know like a spark that fires up one's interest.
She was barely adequate in the part,for me but thats all....

Andrew Garfield is Totally another story ..Peter Parker was supposed to be a quiet shy nerd just like me when I was younger.

ANdy has More than a Whiff of Gayness to him & PP wasnt shy & studious...He was Nutty...
He & Marvel turned my fave comic book hero into a Nutter.
A sexually Ambiguous Nutball.

IMO Andrew Garfield is a Piss Poor choice to play Spider-man...Maybe the worst in the Marvel Cinematic Universe or whatever theyre calling it.

The movie was OK but it wasnt Spider-man to me....
I had to set side every thing I knew & everything I liked @ Spidey as a kid to watch the movie.

i gotta disagree bout Emma Stonecrazed. She's boss as Gwen. Hate that they have to kill her off eventually.

i dunno who would be best as Parker. Anyone they'd get they'd mess it up with Parker being a tougher, loud guy.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey I know heres some other Actors Actresses I would have liked to see in different roles.

Natalie Portman maybe my Fave actress...Shes great as Jane Foster in the Thor series...but..
I would like to have seen her get a much bigger part. Maybe the Scarlet Witch depending on what they do with her..

Elizabeth Olson as the Scarlet Witch Yuck...
SW was one of my fave female characters back in the day...Marvel didnt make good & proper use of her in the 60s IMO.
Preferred Actresses for this part..NatP Scarlett Johansson,Evangeline Lilly Kirsten Dunst,Bryce D Howard,Katie Holmes, Jessica Alba Jessica Biel,Jennifer Garner ,Jennifer Connelly Hell ANY Jennifer or Any Jessica..LOL

Too Add more: Kathleen Robertson,Hudson Lieck,Dina Meyer,Deborah Kara Unger,Carla Gugino,Rosario Dawson! <----Especially Her

She doesnt even have to be young,Sandra Bullock, Lucy Lawless,Catherine Deneuve,Raquel Welch...Damn even Betty White would be preferable.

Liz Olson's Pie face & Googly eyes are not somthing I wanna see in my Scarlet Witch...Thank you very muck ...Umm Much!!!..LOL

Mary Elizabeth Winsteadcrazed as the Scarlett Witch. That's my choice.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Chris Hemsworth is AMAZING as Thor.. Its like he was born to play the part...
I dont know what to say @ Scarlett as the Black Widow...Im completely un-familiar with the character...Shes very good in the part & seems to be getting more & more screen time...but Im not crazy about the character.

The annoying thing about the Marvel Universe is that alot of it was developed in the 60s so its a real sausage-fest...it Needs MORE WOMEN !!!!

To answer my prayers I was lookin on Scar Jo's IMDb page & apparently they are considering/making a Black Widow movie....Woo Hah!

Ryan Gosling would make a good Thor.

Yeah a Scarlett Black Widow movie is a must.

They should give movies to Ms Marvel, She Hulk, the Black Cat as well as pair-ups like Cloak & Dagger, Ant-Man/Giant Man & Wasp and Elektra (but make it based on Frank Miller's Elektra for goodness sake cuz that's the real Elektra). Make that either Elektra solo or with Daredevil but a better Daredevil than the creep who played him (and get a better director).

i heard they considering Johnny Depp as Dr Strange. Ugh. He ruined Dark Shadows. Maybe Daniel Day Lewis as Dr Strange. And Mary Elizabeth Winsteadcrazed as Clea!

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:

Doc Ock & Sandman were my fave Spidey villains in the comics. Doc translated very good to the screen & so did Sandman but Spidey 3 was congested with too many villains.

Only liked Dunst in Spidey 2. They made her MJ to be a mix of MJ & Gwen- 2 exact opposites personality-wise. i think that's why she never worked for me. Ha! i boycotted Spidey books for yrs cuz they killed Gwen. i was in love with a comic book character!

Bryce was great as Gwen. Now i wanna see that movie again...

Aha! I gotcha...Bet you weren't expecting a big ole' conversation were ya..?

See... I just gotta be inspired....Marvel comic movies is a GREAT topic for me. I was in love with Gwen too..it appears that her death was in Amazing Spider-Man #121 (June 1973)which would have been after I stopped buying them so I would have learned from my younger brother who collected well into the 80's.

I would have been 18 & drinking by then.
I wish I could see a list of older issues & their covers that might jog my memory a bit..I started before issue #50 THAT one had an unforgettable cover...

I started up with them in maybe '67 or '68 & quit before I was 17,Im pretty sure, which woulda been early 1972.

I liked Doc Ock Kingpin Sandman & Electro !..along with the Lizard or Lizardman ..was he called. the movies pretty much hit alla my fave Spidey villains.

I agree about the movie handling of MJ/Gwen character but one cant blame Dunst for that.

I remember the Shocker The Amazing Spider-Man #46 (March 1967)So apparently I had this issue, possibly a few before that.

The Vulture The Amazing Spider-Man #48 (May 1967) Seems familiar too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Thersites,

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:

i gotta disagree bout Emma Stonecrazed. She's boss as Gwen. Hate that they have to kill her off eventually. OK, if you say so but it just dont see it.

i dunno who would be best as Parker. Anyone they'd get they'd mess it up with Parker being a tougher, loud guy.

I agree here Im not familiar with enough young male actors to suggest anyone myself...

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:

Haha Ok, She would be better than E Olson but then so would Sean Penn & I really cant stand him.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed

Ewwww...that made me throw up a little in my mouth..LOL

They should give movies to Ms Marvel, She Hulk, the Black Cat as well as pair-ups like Cloak & Dagger, Ant-Man/Giant Man & Wasp and Elektra (but make it based on Frank Miller's Elektra for goodness sake cuz that's the real Elektra). Make that either Elektra solo or with Daredevil but a better Daredevil than the creep who played him (and get a better director).

I liked Ben Affleck as Daredevil, tho it appears Im alone.I REALY liked Elektra & Jen Garner as her.I couldnt watch Alias as it was just to damn ANNOYING. the movie was my intro to Elektra & Jen Garner maybe thats why I liked it & no one else really did.

i heard they considering Johnny Depp as Dr Strange. Ugh. He ruined Dark Shadows. Maybe Daniel Day Lewis as Dr Strange. And Mary Elizabeth Winsteadcrazed as Clea!

I never could get into Doc Strange,tho Steranko's art work was so surreal in a good way.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
In fact in order to Fem up the Marvel Universe I was thinking maybe one of my fave characters could be made into a female .. the Silver Surfer.

I would vote for a female Doc Strange too.
But it would probably massacre the comic book back story.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Doc Ock & Sandman were my fave Spidey villains in the comics. Doc translated very good to the screen & so did Sandman but Spidey 3 was congested with too many villains.

Only liked Dunst in Spidey 2. They made her MJ to be a mix of MJ & Gwen- 2 exact opposites personality-wise. i think that's why she never worked for me. Ha! i boycotted Spidey books for yrs cuz they killed Gwen. i was in love with a comic book character!

Bryce was great as Gwen. Now i wanna see that movie again...

Aha! I gotcha...Bet you weren't expecting a big ole' conversation were ya..?

See... I just gotta be inspired....Marvel comic movies is a GREAT topic for me. I was in love with Gwen too..it appears that her death was in Amazing Spider-Man #121 (June 1973)which would have been after I stopped buying them so I would have learned from my younger brother who collected well into the 80's.

I would have been 18 & drinking by then.
I wish I could see a list of older issues & their covers that might jog my memory a bit..I started before issue #50 THAT one had an unforgettable cover...

I started up with them in maybe '67 or '68 & quit before I was 17,Im pretty sure, which woulda been early 1972.

I liked Doc Ock Kingpin Sandman & Electro !..along with the Lizard or Lizardman ..was he called. the movies pretty much hit alla my fave Spidey villains.

I agree about the movie handling of MJ/Gwen character but one cant blame Dunst for that.

I remember the Shocker The Amazing Spider-Man #46 (March 1967)So apparently I had this issue, possibly a few before that.

The Vulture The Amazing Spider-Man #48 (May 1967) Seems familiar too.

Both my middle bro & i owned a copy each of Amazing Adult Fantasy 15- the very 1st appearance of Spidey. Now worth over $1 million! i sold my copy to him- doh! i dunno who he sold his copies to but somebody somewhere has our $1 mil & i desperately need it now...even half that...even a quarter that...even a quarter.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Haha Ok, She would be better than E Olson but then so would Sean Penn & I really cant stand him.

Scarlett Witch was so minor a character to begin with but became a huge important person when she zapped the mutants of their powers.

i doubt they make her important in the films. But then again they took an important comic character like Cyclops and made him into a wimp in the films & killed him off w/o looking back. Even tho Wolverine became more popular they still kept Cyclops as leader & he was no wimp in the books.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed

Ewwww...that made me throw up a little in my mouth..LOL

I liked Ben Affleck as Daredevil, tho it appears Im alone.I REALY liked Elektra & Jen Garner as her.I couldnt watch Alias as it was just to damn ANNOYING. the movie was my intro to Elektra & Jen Garner maybe thats why I liked it & no one else really did.

I never could get into Doc Strange,tho Steranko's art work was so surreal in a good way.

Gosling is a good actor. i can't take the other guy too serious. i dunno if he could handle Thor if they actually made his character have a range of emotion.

Doc Strange is one of my fave characters. Unfortunately his stories tended to be the same ol same ol after a short while. His best stories were when he was teamed up with someone.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
In fact in order to Fem up the Marvel Universe I was thinking maybe one of my fave characters could be made into a female .. the Silver Surfer.

I would vote for a female Doc Strange too.
But it would probably massacre the comic book back story.

Female Silver Surfer = Nova (Frankie Raye). She was the Human Torch's girlfriend then became a herald of Galactus.

Well Clea was a good sorceress. They could make her character more important- like they oughta do with Sif.

Then there's Spider-woman. Jessica Drew is one hot lady.

i'd like to see Thor vs the Enchantress. Now there's a hot villainess.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Both my middle bro & i owned a copy each of Amazing Adult Fantasy 15- the very 1st appearance of Spidey. Now worth over $1 million! i sold my copy to him- doh! i dunno who he sold his copies to but somebody somewhere has our $1 mil & i desperately need it now...even half that...even a quarter that...even a quarter.

Yeah thats gotta be annoying...I found some lottery tickets I bought in the mid-80s. I stuffed some where & months later when I saw 'em just threw them away. Later I learned that there were Many unclaimed grand prizes...Maybe I won & just.... Eek

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Scarlett Witch was so minor a character to begin with but became a huge important person when she zapped the mutants of their powers.

i doubt they make her important in the films. But then again they took an important comic character like Cyclops and made him into a wimp in the films & killed him off w/o looking back. Even tho Wolverine became more popular they still kept Cyclops as leader & he was no wimp in the books.

Yeah I dislike Wolverine... Im glad he played by Hugh Jackman so he is at least tolerable.Cyclops was always my fave X-man.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xenacrazed:
Gosling is a good actor. i can't take the other guy too serious. i dunno if he could handle Thor if they actually made his character have a range of emotion.

All I can say is Thor is the Son of the King of the Gods..he was always full of himself in the comix if I recall rightly.So the Char doesnt have a lot of range. I think the Comic relief they got out of Thor/Chris in Avengers was Excellent. IMO Thor is the best cast character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Gosling probably could do the job well But I rather not find out..LOL

Doc Strange is one of my fave characters. Unfortunately his stories tended to be the same ol same ol after a short while. His best stories were when he was teamed up with someone.

I do think that CG has caught up with Steranko's Psychedelic style & this could be a S/Fx Bonanza.... A movie to pull out all the stops...I wanna know what LSD is like without takin any.. Dr Strange could be that movie..!

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Female Silver Surfer = Nova (Frankie Raye). She was the Human Torch's girlfriend then became a herald of Galactus.

Well Clea was a good sorceress. They could make her character more important- like they oughta do with Sif.

Then there's Spider-woman. Jessica Drew is one hot lady.

i'd like to see Thor vs the Enchantress. Now there's a hot villainess.

Ok This all sounds good to me... I think the worst casting is that popcorn toothed retard, Mark Ruffalo,He doesnt look intelligent he doesnt act intelligent & Im pretty sure he,himself,is not all that bright.
Bruce Banner is a genius & a nice guy. Ruffalo is a low class twit & a turd.

WHy he gets so much work that he cant handle I will NEVER understand.

Oh Robert Downey Jr is also perfect as Iron man / Tony Stark.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"French Kiss" (1995)

Meg Ryan, Kevin Kline. Rom-com that wasn't too bad. Hadn't seen this in many yrs. i dunno why this movie makes me sad but it always so i doubt i watch it for a long time. ha!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Beautiful Creatures"

Taped this on cable. It was actually pretty good. Witch girl & mortal boy romance. Better than that Twilight crap. Just enuff SFX to compliment the story. Alice Englert is a new xc wife & the youngest, at the moment that is.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Hay maybe you & I can make a movie about our lives here ...called

Pitiful Creatures...

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hay maybe you & I can make a movie about our lives here ...called

Pitiful Creatures...

How aboot The Daily Dull?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Sound of My Voice"

Naw this ain't about the voices in my head. A couple join a cult with the hidden intent of making a documentary on the hot babe cult leader. Brit Marlingcrazed is the cult leader *reminds self to post pics of two latest xc wives*. It was okay flick tho ending is ambiguous.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
We went to see Monuments Men but the small {144 seats} theater was mobbed ..
so we walked down a bit & saw Robocop.

I dont think it had much to do with the original..
but...they both are rather forgettable, even with Abby Cornish in the new one.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"A Lizard in a Woman's Skin" (1971)

A Lucio Fulci giallo with plenty 'o blood, sex & mystery twists. Hadn't seen this in several yrs & had forgotten most of it. Love them Italian murder mysteries. Great music score too.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"No Such Thing" (2001)

A fave film that i hadn't seen in a few yrs. Sarah Polley as the beauty & Robt Burke as the foul-mouthed, alcoholic monster beast who wants to die. Excellent flick with lots goin on 'neath the surface- course it's a Hal Hartley film.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Hobbit: The Desperate Smug" or sumtin like that

Jeepers are them dwarves immortal? Orcs, elves, big bear, dragon, falling stone, fire- nuthin can kill 'em. i was half-way rootin' for Smug but that dumb dragon oughta quit yackin & start bbq'ing some dwarves- how stoopid!

Was the lady elf with the nice rack in the Hobbit book? i don't remember.

i coulda done with less cartoonish fight/chase scenes about the invincible dwarves & maybe more lady elf or maybe get Christopher Lee to show up & do some damage. Maybe show some back story on the were-bear.

But it was still good tho way way way too over the top compared to LOTR.