Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Good movies you've seen recently
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 45

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Good movies you've seen recently
 Login/Join 
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Yes I liked Cellular alot too..

I told you iron man 3 was good... its best on the big screen in 3D.....

Posts: 1408 | Location: USA | Registered: 12 April 2013Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Veal & I saw Blue Jasmine starring Cate Blanchett as Jasmine She did really well in a rather lame movie...

Woody Allen is no where near what he used to be...
He makes mediocre tripe now days.

Mostly his stuff is notable only for the Excellent actresses in it.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thersites:

I told you iron man 3 was good... its best on the big screen in 3D.....

i'm holding off theatres til i get a full time job.

Which means never again, i guess.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Wolf"

Halloween marathon continues. Jack Nicholson & Michelle Pfeiffer. Movie makes me sad in ways i can't or won't explain. Almost too painful to watch cuz of certain similarities. Esp. in Oct.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires"

Peter Cushing, Hammer film, topless Asian chicks, martial arts vampires, Dracula takes on different form, zombie army. It was ok, too much kung fu stuffage.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Gotta watch a Frankenstein film next.

i'm tryin to decide between "Frankenstein Created Woman" & "Bride of Frankenstein".

well i gotta week to decide...

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Dbl feature off Turner Classics:

"Billy the Kid Versus Dracula" & "Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter"

The first was the cheesiest of the two. John Carradine was Dracula hot for 18 yr old blonde hottie in the old west. Why was Dracula out in the daytime? Stoopids!

Other film had Frankenstein's daughter making a monster outta Jesse Jame's buddy. Some corny scenes & probably could have used more humor. Neither Billy nor Jesse were much of an outlaw & the monsters were more annoying than harmful. But i like cheese!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Family Plot"

Not a monster flick but a suspenseful Hitchcock movie. Hadn't seen it for ages. Bruce Dern, Barbara Harris, Karen Black. Wm Devine. Excellent film by the master.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Suspiria"

Dario Argenta classic Italian horror flick. Witches, stabbings, bats & blood galore. i actually like "Deep Red" better but this is still an excellent flick with a killer soundtracks from Goblins.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I re-watched Wolverine outta boredom...

neede to get outta the house..

it still makes no sense people change sides at random....

they shoulda just showed them flippin a coin..LOL

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Vampire Bat" (1933)

Another TMC flick. This stuffage really old. Film snaps crackles & pops. Not even a real vampire. But whatever, it was only hour long & had goofy Dwight Fry.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Carnival of Souls" (196something)

The original- great low budget creepy Twilight Zone-like flick. Proves ya don't need a lot of crappy, over-bearing CGI/SFX to have a great horror movie. Love the cinematography & the cast- great story.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Master of the World" (196something)

Not a horror flick, more fantasy/sci-fi. Vincent Price as capt of flying ship in 1860s. Wants to end all wars by dropping bombs on countries who won't disarm. Sounds like something Bushit or obombya would like. Charles Bronson stops him tho.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Blair Witch Project"

well if they'd gone back the same way they came in they woulda reached their car. Or if they'd marked their map with actual locations. Or if they'd lit campfires all around their camp. Or if they brought a gun or something or just not been stoopid & not got lost & carrying heavy stuffage that slowed 'em down.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
We all went & saw ... Were the Millerstonite

It was pretty good...

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Son-In-Law"

Pauly Shore & a couple hot chicks whose names escapes me. Fish-outta-water flick, a few funny spots tho predictable.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Tomb of Ligeia"

Vincent Price in yet another Poe flick. This was pretty good, excellent atmosphere.

"Take This Waltz"

Michelle Williams as a cheatin wife. Couldn't feel sorry for her at all.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
Val & I saw Don Jonwritten,Directed & Starring Joseph-Gordon Leave-itt.

I do not know what the big deal about this clown is.

It is stupid & Raunchy but kinda funny.

Scarlett Johansson & Julianne Moore put in good performances ..
But I wonder why they are in this totally forgettable movie.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"The Way Way Back"

14 yr nerdy shy boy goes on vaca with mom, her a-hole boyfriend & his obnoxious daughter. He falls for hot blonde & hangs out with cool goofy ppl at water park where the owner treats him like a good papa would. Predictable & unbelievable but i liked it cuz of fine cast & great music.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Dungeonmaster aka Ragewar" (1984)

Ha! '80s flick about computer nerd (early computer films are fun). Him & his lady are transported to demon world for challenges. Silly Dungeons and Dragons stuff. One MTV-ish scene has guy battling rock band WASP! This movie extra cheesy.

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
"The Way Way Back"

14 yr nerdy shy boy goes on vaca with mom, her a-hole boyfriend & his obnoxious daughter. He falls for hot blonde & hangs out with cool goofy ppl at water park where the owner treats him like a good papa would. Predictable & unbelievable but i liked it cuz of fine cast & great music.

Yeah I saw this one....cant say I actually liked it....
truly a totally unbelievable feel good movie...

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
WHoa I saw Thor the Dark World Totally believeable... not like that other movie..?

What if I liked it alot...have to watch it a few more times but it probably will make my top 10 fave movies..?

WHy is it that my dad never gave me an awesome hammer like that..?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thersites:
WHoa I saw Thor the Dark World Totally believeable... not like that other movie..?

What if I liked it alot...have to watch it a few more times but it probably will make my top 10 fave movies..?

WHy is it that my dad never gave me an awesome hammer like that..?

i wanna see the new Thor. Jane & Sif are hot. i'd like to be an xc sandwich between them.

Your daddy never gave ya a hammer cuz Barfalo would be in ruins not long after!

Scroll Obsessive
posted Hide Post
I watched Wadjda tonite..

It certainly didnt make me feel all warm & fuzzy towards muslims & their nasty,nutty religion.

the poor girl just wanted a bicycle...WTF..???

Maybe she needs Thor's Hammah..!!!!!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
"Man of Steel"

What a waste of Amy Adams. *sigh*

Too much CGI crap, too much fighting, too many speeches & gee, how hard would it be to figure out who Superman really is after so many clues were given?

Woulda been better if Amy Adams sat in a chair looking at the camera fer two & half hrs insted of this overblown silliness.

"sitting in my chair so my hubby xc can look at me instead of that super-crap movie i was in. Drink me in, mr xc, then take me, i'm yers!"