Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Happy Feet

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Happy Feet
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Well it's an animated movie about a group of penguins in the Antartic. These particular head waiters believe that ya gotta be able to sing to make it in their penguin society. The story follows Mumble who can't sing but he can tap dance and that makes him even more the outcast or outbird.

Great animation; weird mix of music, teen angst and environmental issues. Not too predictable a movie. i'd put this in league with "Cars" and "Monster House". i'll need to see it again on dvd before i can compare it with "Cars". But i love the penguin chorus of the Beach Boys "In My Room" heh hee.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
This was truly a wonderful movie! It was upbeat to keep the kids happy but had a great story behind it! I really felt for Mumble. Plus the 2001 a Space Odyssey line was hysterical! Did you catch that xenacrazed? My friends thought I was crazy, but I know I heard it!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
You mean, "This is heaven, Dave...It's wherever you want it to be." Smile

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Meredith Gentry:
This was truly a wonderful movie! It was upbeat to keep the kids happy but had a great story behind it! I really felt for Mumble. Plus the 2001 a Space Odyssey line was hysterical! Did you catch that xenacrazed? My friends thought I was crazy, but I know I heard it!

Precisely!!! I about rolled off my chair when I heard it!