Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Ratatouille

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Ratatouille
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Remy the rat wants to be a cook. His idol is the recently deceased chef and restaurant owner, Gustaeau. Through a couple of mishaps, he winds up in Paris, close to Gustaeau's. Linguini is a garbage boy in the restaurant. Through a partnership with Remy, Linguini is celebrated as a master chef (though Remy literally pulls all the strings).

On the plus side- One of the most gorgeous looking animated films ever, and the best ever animated Pixar movie. A brilliant, smart story of being an outsider and sticking to the notion of doing what you love. A touching, heartfelt storyline about a rat?- you betcha. It's easy to forget it's animated as the movie rolls on.

On the down side- Nothing really. The cliches i expected to happen didn't happen. Maybe a tad of silliness going on underneath the chef's hat but we're expected to suspend a lot of disbelief anyway.

Big thumbs up.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
not sure why, but i didn't like it very much (seemed overly long)
maybe it's that i like more humor in my animated movies.. ?
i enjoyed the opening short more

big thumb sideways

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post