Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    No Country for Old Men

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
No Country for Old Men
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Another Coen Bros classic. Josh Brolin is out hunting in Texas and finds a big satchel of mullah from a drug deal gone wrong. Javier Bardem is the psycho hit man who's hunting for Brolin & the loot. Tommy Lee Jones is the sherrif hunting for both Brolin & Bardem. Kelly MacDonald is the cute li'l number who is Brolin's wife.

Great acting, great story, lotta violence and the ending- well, not for everyone. Lotta ppl moaned & groaned over the ending which is NOT traditonal or something Hollywood likes to dish out. But given the story, it fits just right.

Tommy Lee Jones gets the best lines, and Javier Bardem gets to play an unforgettable villain. i liked the flick- different kind of ending and all

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Sounds good Veal & I will watch this one 2nd run no doubt..
Im glad to see your gettin out & doin stuff....

Are you part polar bear...Its cold outside...???

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
If ya see this flick, be prepared for the anti-Hollywood, expectation-defying ending. Some folks have been extremely unhappy with a thinkin' person's ending. Made my noggin' hurt but i enjoyed it much.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
This was ok to good ..nothin Spectacular. /

Ive forgot the ending in the 2weeks since Ive seen it. Smile Confused Razz

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I thought the ending was very clever.

It was hinted at throughout the entire movie.

Both stories are true. His Dad is making a fire in the darkness, and waiting for him. Clearly this alludes to hell.

The novelty of an assassin using a captive bolt was interesting, although living or dying as a result of a coin toss has been done to death.

Most notably by Two Face in the Batman comics and films.

The captive bolt clearly shows how the hitman thinks about his victims as though they were just animals.

It should be noted that animals usually don't die from just the use of a captive bolt. You also need to use something like a pithing needle, to scramble their brains.

That being said, you would make a human brain stop functioning normally, even if the captive bolt didn't kill them.

I liked this film. The antagonist was interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Mama xc and i saw this film together at the theater, back in better, happier times.

2007... wow.

Now i feel like an old man with no country that i recognize anymore!