Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    The Constant Gardener

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Constant Gardener
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
i wanted to see this cuz i like Rachel Weisz. Rachel is an activist who meets Ralph Fiennes at some lecture. He's a Brit diplomat who's soon to be assigned to Kenya. Rachel & Ralph get hitched, though it's hinted she may only be interested in Fiennes for using his diplomatic position to advance her causes. Fiennes recalls all this at the beginning of the film after Rachel is killed.

This is an activist vs big corporation kinda movie involving African politics. Movie characters never seem to learn that they can't fight big corps without a sacrifice of life.

This movie reminded a little bit of Waking the Dead. Jennifer Connelly is an activist for South American civil rights and she's got a thing for a Billy Crudup, who plays a up-n-coming Congressional candidate. Crudup is as obsessed with Jen Con as Fiennes is with Weisz. Both women seem to embarras their mates in their career advancement and both meet with death (or do they?). "Walking" is more hopeful than "Gardener", it's not involved with big corps though political agendas factor in both films.

Anyhoo, "The Constant Gardener" was okay to watch on dvd and just once, too depressing for repeated views. Though i do recommend seeing it if ya like this kind of material.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Yeah I saw this quite a while back.

It was a sad one.

Pretty lookin on the big screen too if I recall.

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post