Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    V for Vendetta

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
V for Vendetta
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted
Went and saw this today.

I can't find words, honestly. This film is still digesting, suffice to say, I thought it was freakin' brilliant.

Hugo Weaving is ever "the man", even tho we never see his face. Natalie Portman, while I've never been a fan, was completely believable and right on the money.

Maybe it's because of the weird person I am inside, but this film made me feel. There are moments when I despair that nothing I do will ever make a difference, that it's pointless to stand up for what is right, for what you believe...but this film made me see, that to not do something, is to let everything good become completely worthless.

I think this movie will take it's place in my list of top ten, simply because of how it's affected me.

I highly recommend you go see it. It's got action, romance (of the lesbian kind too even!), drama, everything for almost every kind of person. And if you're into movies that make you think, I think you'll like this one too.

Finally, the Wachowski Brothers get it right.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i remember browsing through the graphic novel of this and being impressed. Yay for comics, GNs and manga making it into film. i wanna see this, hope it's still around when i get another day off work.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sara:
Maybe it's because of the weird person I am inside, but this film made me feel. There are moments when I despair that nothing I do will ever make a difference, that it's pointless to stand up for what is right, for what you believe...but this film made me see, that to not do something, is to let everything good become completely worthless.

YES! I also LOVE the message as I did with Syriana.
Vendetta has got a 'Power to the People'thing goin on there ....

I hope that feeling catches on...A full & rewarding life should NOT be only for the rich & powerful but is the birth-right of human being on the earth...IMO.

YES....{grudgingly} even Ame & Nora...... Big Grin

I love Natalie Portman. I had feared she had drifted over to the 'dark side' of Hollywood with that Nasty piece where she was a stripper.
A sick film indeed. A good example of how not to live 4 lives & also why not. Now back to this movie.

I wasnt as thrilled with 'V'as you were.
It didnt have enough action to be an Action Flick....& just didnt come together for me as anything serious.
I way preferred the lean waste not a minute style of 'UnderWare Evolution' Which Val & I gleefully watched 5 times.

I will re-watch V with Val sometime & I hope I have a better reaction. I rewatched 'theIsland' with Scarlett Johannsen & liked it more everytime I saw it,so who knows.

I should add that I was bored silly by Matrix trilogy.Maybe these guys just dont make films for me & my tastes...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brucy Braless,

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Finally caught this flick on dvd. Really enjoyed how they presented the messages and themes that hopefully should offend the Bushians of the world. Liked the Guy Fawkes story at the beginning. Loved Natalie Portman. Would like to have seen a more drawn out romance between Portman & Hugo Weaving- even though i hear it wasn't presented that way in the graphic novel. Still would've made a nice beauty & the beast kinda story- one which has been lacking in the movies of late (cept for "King Kong", i suppose).

So V is supposed is be the living idea of the every-person? That's what i've read elsewhere though it'd been nice to get a clear cut ID on the person. Good work also from Stephen Rea. And all in all a surprising good thought-provoking release from Hollyweird for a rare change. Much thanks for not watering down the politics. i got a hearty guffaw at seeing the US at war in the middlewest. Wait til the Greak Lakes States War begins- Indhickiana will be defect to Canada.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post