Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Across the Universe

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Across the Universe
 Login/Join 
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted
I didnt really realize from the trailers I had seen that its a musical ...but after my initial dismay at hearing a buncha Beatle songs in much less competent lungs.....I started to enjoy myself..../
/
Im quite glad I went to see it.

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Saw this on dvd this weekend. First half hr was ok but it reached major suckage afterwards. On the bright side, Evan Rachel Wood is hot and has become a wife of xc. Smile

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

maybe i need to make a thread of all my wives, ya think?

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I wasn't sure about this one but, after reading your reviews, I think I'll give it a miss.

I can recommend Attonement, if you haven't seen that yet.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
yeah i think Atonement comes out on dvd this week, i def wanna see it.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

"mrs Evan Rachel Wood crazed would travel Across The Universe to be with mr xc"

Big Grin

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I did eventually watch this, on a plane. There wasn't really anything else I wanted to check out.

I'm glad I did, as I now love this movie.

I started listening to Beatles albums when I was a teenager, and a couple of years ago Ares bought all the Beatles records for me on iTunes.

All the singers were great in this flick, and I loved how they also kind of referenced Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix.

Joe Cocker in particular was excellent, but the whole cast was great. Eddie Izard was a treat.

I think the story they told was interesting, and made good use of the tunes.

I loved that they switched the expected gender for I Wanna Hold Your Hand.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post