Scrolls
Inside Man

This topic can be found at:
https://bingoze.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/436601791/m/4761071441

08 May 2006, 12:10 PM
xenacrazed
Inside Man
Excellent Spike Lee film. Clive Owen & pals take control of and hostages in a NYC bank. Denzel Washington is the detective assigned as hostage negotiator with Willem Dafoe as the SWAT team leader. Christopher Plummer is the bank owner who brings in mystery woman Jodie Foster to secure some property of his in the bank. But everything that happens during the siege of the bank seems odd for poor Denzel. Is it a robbery or what?

Excellent acting, excellent storyline that doesn't falter. One of the best bank hold-up movies ever. Gotta get a copy on dvd when it comes out. Spike Lee's best, IMO.
09 May 2006, 09:59 AM
Argeaux
I loved this film too ... except for Jodie Foster.

I don't think the part for her was well written or even necessary. Didn't add much to the film at all. At first I thought she was over-acting, but I think the lines she was given were difficult to work with. And I'm usually a fan of hers.

I'm loving Clive Owens in everything I see him in. He was perfect for this role. Denzel was good, too, despite some poor "romantic" lines given to him. Perhaps that writer can't write for women or people interacting with women?

Anyhow, brilliant idea and well executed, on the whole.

~~~~~~~~~~

10 May 2006, 09:44 PM
lila997
I (heart) Clive Owen.
I (heart) Denzel.
I even (heart) Jodie Foster when her roles are stinky.

I think I need to see this movie.
13 May 2006, 01:17 AM
beauTifully tragic
funny..this movie didn't do much for me
too many questions left unanswered

i don't believe in miracles..i never read my horoscope
i don't like strangers touching me..i'm basically a misanthrope
19 May 2006, 02:32 AM
Brucy Braless
Val &I saw this tonite
It was pretty good.
Definitely different.