Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Inside Man

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Inside Man
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Excellent Spike Lee film. Clive Owen & pals take control of and hostages in a NYC bank. Denzel Washington is the detective assigned as hostage negotiator with Willem Dafoe as the SWAT team leader. Christopher Plummer is the bank owner who brings in mystery woman Jodie Foster to secure some property of his in the bank. But everything that happens during the siege of the bank seems odd for poor Denzel. Is it a robbery or what?

Excellent acting, excellent storyline that doesn't falter. One of the best bank hold-up movies ever. Gotta get a copy on dvd when it comes out. Spike Lee's best, IMO.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I loved this film too ... except for Jodie Foster.

I don't think the part for her was well written or even necessary. Didn't add much to the film at all. At first I thought she was over-acting, but I think the lines she was given were difficult to work with. And I'm usually a fan of hers.

I'm loving Clive Owens in everything I see him in. He was perfect for this role. Denzel was good, too, despite some poor "romantic" lines given to him. Perhaps that writer can't write for women or people interacting with women?

Anyhow, brilliant idea and well executed, on the whole.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I (heart) Clive Owen.
I (heart) Denzel.
I even (heart) Jodie Foster when her roles are stinky.

I think I need to see this movie.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
funny..this movie didn't do much for me
too many questions left unanswered

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Val &I saw this tonite