Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Johnny Depp, Actor Extraordinaire
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Johnny Depp, Actor Extraordinaire
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Jeez Louise. Say what one will about La Heard, but it's really no more fair to her than it is to Johnny, to threaten ten years in prison?? Just because she's famous and all...I mean would ANYONE get that sentence for doggie smuggling? No offense to Ame, Argy or anyone else Down Under here, but are these officials fer real?? Unless...is that the duma$$ press misrepresentin' people again? Sheesh! Razz

http://media.watoday.com.au/en...html?next_video=true

I dunno, maybe I should not read Johnny news anymore, too much can be a baldface lie or misrepresented...it's such a shame. If it is a misrepresentation it just makes Australia look bad, not just Johnny or La Heard or anyone else. Bleeh. Razz

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Just purchased "Curse of the Black Pearl" on Amazon instant vid. Gonna watch it soon! Smile I had it on video tape years ago--been ages since I saw it cuz my VCR back then took a dive and I never got a working one since. Razz

I have Dead Man's Chest and At World's End on DVD...still gotta get the 4th Pirates, and now more than ever, I am lookin' forward to the 5th! Razz Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Can't resist commenting on the irony here. First Johnny gets threatened with being charged for doggie smuggling, now La Heard is the talk of the town for being summonsed. What does Johnny do after celebrating Lily Rose's sixteenth bday with her? Goes back to Australia, dresses up as Jack Sparrow and goes out and hangs with fans, taking pics, giving hugs, and stuff and all. He even posed with some Australian "police," or whatever they are called there! Wow!

Then, he turns around and goes and visits children in hospitals--kids with CANCER besides! Smile That is such positivity in the face of challenges. Say what you will, any cynics out there, about him possibly trying to "suck up" to avoid getting charged--but nope! Not buying it. Johnny has always had a heart of gold even if he does do irresponsible things sometimes. Razz

And meanwhile back on the Amber ranch, she is going around trying to promote her career, and maybe say a few words about how the "divorce" rumors are all hooey. Okay, but then she goes on an Aussie talk show and declares that she AND Johnny(speaking for him, no less! Did HE confirm what she said at all? Nope! Razz ) will be AVOIDING the land Down Under from now on--"thanks to certain politicians who want their 15 minutes of fame," yada yada, words to that effect. Razz

Ooookay, Ambee. Did it ever occur to her that the show ain't over til the fat lady sings? Where's the fat lady been lately? I see no performers but Jack Sparrow over there in the hospitals, etc.

Now--they're charging HER. Not Johnny--HER. In retrospect, considering all my angry, albeit meant-to-be-humorous comments about HER probably being behind the pooch smugging all along--it seems that that was either proven TRUE, or that Ambee opened her yap and said the wrong thing at the wrong time, and is now paying the price. Or...BOTH!

My feeling? It probably WAS both factors. Maybe the truth WAS brought out at last, that she did indeed smuggle the doggies herself(aren't they HER yorkies after all?). In that case--justice should be served to the one RESPONSIBLE for the crime. I still think 10 years in prison is overkill though! Razz

And yeah, Johnny was on the plane the whole time, but it was a big plane. I saw the piccies. Johnny was also an outright mess and a half, having been missing for a week before he showed up with Amber in Brisbane. I still think it's a distinct possibility that maybe if Ambee Bambee wanted to be sneaky, she would have kept the cute li'l pups in the back of the plane so hubs wouldn't find out about them, until they were safely in Mick Doohan's mansion. Yeah--that would be mega-cruel if that was Heard's intentions. If indeed she is the gold-digging byotch many have said she is, and wants hubs's money, framing him might have occurred to her. But...if that be the case, she went about it all wrong. She provided false documentation for crying out loud! And...she did not deny taking the doggies there and failing to declare them, in fact, tried to negotiate with the officials. But--false documentation? REALLY, Ambs? Razz You done stepped in deep doggie doo doo, girl!

It just totally screams KARMA! Can't help but make that observation. Ah well! More shall be revealed, I am sure! Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Free Madness,

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
They say Johnny is "phoning it in" at the Pirates set and that he's draining his bank account to spoil the Heard, AND he paid off Vanessa for not only child support but to keep quiet about their relationship details. Then...Lily Rose gets picked as the New Face of Chanel, and she poses in a pic where Johnny thinks it's too suggestive for a kid her age. But...apparently he has no say in the matter these days cuz Vanessa has virtually taken over the parenting of the kids, and APPARENTLY, Lily is all about the Mom who was "dumped" cuz of the Heard. Personally I have always believed Vanessa and Johnny were pretty much phoning in their relationship long before the Heard came along. Then they finally got honest and split. It was just miserable timing that the Heard happened to be there--not only that but to turn out to be the biggest thorn in Johnny's side since his arrest for the hotel room destruction while fighting with Kate Moss. Razz

SIGH!

I think Johnny needs a break.

Come, my love...inhale the aroma of the lavender and rose incense! The bed chamber awaits! I lie here on a bed of petals, my raven hair falling all around me, my blue eyes looking up at you, singing sweetly,

"Love, ccme wing your way--sweet Bird of Passage come home to stay!" <3

--Lyrics by The Mission. Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Will he? Will he not? Will he? Will he not return as Captain Jack Sparrow???

I really just want to snatch Johnny away from it all. I hate bein' dirt poor here in the silly City of Brotherly--Jokes. Razz Whatever the "real" story is with him--he is in a major downward spiral, all the pictures just SCREAM it. Frown

What would really utterly suck about him getting REPLACED as Capt. Jack Sparrow by--Jim Carrey or whoever--is that, Johnny will never be able to go to those children's hospitals again in that character. That is such an amazing thing that he does, for the kids. That time when he surprised that leukemia patient--just wow.

If he DOES quit, and to be honest I can't totally blame him--HOW many Pirates movies do we actually need? Well--if he quits I really hope they retire the CHARACTER and don't replace Johnny with another actor. That would suck. It would also bring the franchise down. WHo wants to see Jim Carrey after all this time with Johnny Depp making us love him so much in the role???

Anywho--bleh. Staying tuned. Razz

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
The Hollywood Vampires album is coming out on 9/11 ! Big Grin Cool! I pre-ordered it on IToons. Listened to this original Johnny helped write called "My Dead Drunk Friends," about drinking oneself to death--pretty cool since Alice Cooper battled an alcohol addiction. Maybe--could it be? Razz Does this mean all that hoo-hah about Johnny par-taying and DRINKING is a mere rumor started by Heard-y fans or anyone else who just wanna make Johnny look like a doof--again? Roll Eyes

And...what ABOUT that so-called "beef" of Johnny's about actors bein' in music bands any-ol' hoo? Did he REALLY say all that shite about how it's "sickening" or was that just yet ANOTHER attempt by doofs to try to make Johnny look like a doof? Roll Eyes

"All in all it's just a-nother brick in the wall!" Razz Big Grin

https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/...album-190925179.html

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I only really have one beef with Johnny and this is, of course, if he was quoted correctly and/or the story didn't misrepresent him.

That biz about him hating it when established actors branch off into music careers? As in, "It's sickening?" Really? Does he ACTUALLY feel that way?

Here's my take...

If that opinion IS indeed his--I think it's brought on by an issue within himself that maybe he hasn't looked at. Point blank--Johnny is insecure. He feels guilty about his OWN actions delving into music of late...picking up the guitar and jumping onstage with Marylin Manson and others. This after years of not playing in pubic--who knows if he even played at all, as busy as he was with acting?? Anywho so he picks up the guitar and decides maybe he's not as good as he was in the past. But what happens--people love that he's up there playing. They love it! And to JOHNNY'S way of thinking, they are not listening to his playing at all--they just think it's cool that he's up there. He's JOHNNY DEPP after all. AND, he only WANTED to do music when he first went to L.A. Acting was something he did to put food on the table at first. He NEVER thought he'd make a full time career of it. Of course, he fell in love with it later, as well as working with Tim Burton and other cool directors. But now there's this music thing.

Johnny must've thought--"oh crap what did I do? And who do I think I am, trying to get away with playing guitar for the whole world when I am not even as good as before?" Sure, he might be thinking that and if so that is HIS opinion. I've heard some damn good chords come out of him when onstage with Marylin and Alice Cooper, etc. But that's just me--and, no doubt, many others as well. Razz

Ok, fine, I can understand that he feels a certain sense of guilt, awkwardness--and hell, bitterness too! He never got to do what he REALLY wanted because his acting took off so intensely. So now he feels weird about getting onstage playing. Ok...definitely something to work out within himself. We all have our demons to be worked through and conquered! We're only human after all.

But--why, just WHY, would Johnny project his own personal issue onto other people? So WHAT if people do more than one thing as careers? Acting, music, why not do it all if you can do it?? I have more than one thing I do fairly well. If I ever get a chance to be heard, seen and recognized--I plan to do EVERYTHING I can do. Why not use ALL the gifts my Creator gave me??? Why not EVERYONE do that, including Johnny?

Just food for thought, Johnny honey. Smile <3 You know I love you. If you wanna play music, play on! Don't worry, just enjoy yourself! And let others enjoy themselves with what they do too. Sheesh! Razz

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
The Heard is still going around insisting that the rumors about divorce are all baloney...how happy she is and how well they know each other from being together so long--ok whatever. But then there's this article about how she and Johnny are supposedly kissing and cuddling at the charity event he played with Gene Simmons(that video is awesome btw! Big Grin ) Anyway...okay so no piccies were taken of them in this cutesy article where they're doing PDA's all over backstage and she films Johnny in a vid and then runs up and hugs him etc...I just think it's hilarious how she's "reported" to be there. "Reported," and all over Johnny, and no piccies. I smell propaganda. Heardy is trying to make herself look all amazing, and a cool wife besides. What-ev! To be perfectly honest and fair, a lot of stuff Heard says about women in movies and the characters she tries to obtain sounds really cool. I think she is probably a good actress and why shouldn't she be a success at that? But seriously. I don't see the love there with Johnny. I see a lot of her "phoning in" her comments about their marriage and then going on about herself--all in the name of *quote* "keeping her personal life personal" so as to avoid silly rumors or too much attention to who she's with.

I always believed there was someone out there for everybody--someone who is just "the one." I think there is probably someone out there for Amber, as well as Johnny. Together--I just don't see the chemistry. Ah well! More will be revealed. Razz

I love Johnny's antics at the Disney event! Big Grin I love his philosophy on the word "fan." I have hereby eliminated that word from my vocab when talking about Johnny. In fact, I'm eliminating labels altogether. I love Johnny. I really love his work. I think he's an amazing person and artist. Enuff said! Razz Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Ok gonna clarify a joke I made somewhere back in the day on this thread. Not that I expect many crickets to remember let alone scrollers lol but I re-read the joke and it wasn't as funny as it sounded at the time lol. I think I was in a pissy mood--hey, it was around the time when JOHNNY was being targetted for the doggie smuggling and no one was saying anything about Amber. It made me mad so I went into this joke rant lol. But it actually comes from a source--a rather crazy sounding Johnny "fan" on Facebook named Margareta Stammler. She said in a nutshell that Amber had full-on transgender surgery as a teenager or in early 20's and used to be a guy. Apparently, said guy killed someone as a teen and wanted to hide his identity by becoming a woman, so he wouldn't go to prison. Okay...lol. Huh, one says? Well, lol at the time it sounded so silly it was hilarious, so I went on a rant about it. But here's the Facebook source, and no, none of Stammler's writing makes much sense if at all. If you can get past the childish internet-speak, tho, lol you can get the gist!

https://www.facebook.com/photo...0319347280952&type=1

Seriously folks, this woman also said she was married to Johnny, around the time VANESSA first came into his life. lmao. No one is really taking her seriously. Creepy as it all sounds? I bet if anyone close to the Depp-ster read it, they'd laugh their butt off. Razz

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Good Lord! Will they never STOP? LMAO! Big Grin

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.c...karma-comes-calling/

Despite Ambee Bambee's attempts to quell split/problem rumors, leave it to something named "Celebrity Dirty Laundry" to come up with something like this lol. Razz Tabloid with a capital T!

The only thing true about this is, she is driving Johnny crazy, anyone can see that. Again like I said before, Johnny doesn't give up on relationships easily. This is no exception. But Jeezus Louizus--he is doing JUST what I did with my Ex...putting all his blood, sweat and tears into an empty pool. Ah, my love, my love! Would that you could work your heart magic on somebody worth your salt!!!

Hmmm...maybe I can entice you with some sweet coconut rubbing oil? Big Grin To the bed chamber, my sweet! <3

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
This is ADORABLE! Smile

http://www.bustle.com/articles...who-repped-the-brand

Johnny is the new ambassador for Dior Sauvage fragrance now. Intriguing to say the least--I don't think many people would expect him to do a commercial at all, let alone a cologne ad. But why not? He's looking mighty hot in the pic of him at the desert, and this video trailer is so--well, so Johnny! Original and showing his personality--"I gotta get out of here." He goes where--to a spacious desert to hang out without 8,000 people, but you don't see that yet. This is just the trailer vid. Wink But it's pretty cool music by Ry Cooder as well! Big Grin Love the scenery of the L.A. craziness!

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
This is epic! Smile

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/ce...aughter-lily-6317589

I had a feeling Lily Rose might either be bisexual or gay...all those pics she takes with those girls she snuggles up with, lol. That's so sweet! I hope she finds a nice girl to be with if it ends up being meant to be! Smile

Cool that Johnny's supportive too! Ironic that IO Tillet Wright is the person that the Heard "supposedly" cheated on Johnny with--since then, Tillet put out a statement that said in no way was that true. Ah, those infernal tabloids lol! Razz This whole thing looks really cool. I wish Lily happiness in her newfound journey! Smile

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i saw "The Gift" last nite. They had previews of some gangster flick starring Johnny Depp. He was unrecognizable for the most part. It looked pretty good from the preview thing.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
i saw "The Gift" last nite. They had previews of some gangster flick starring Johnny Depp. He was unrecognizable for the most part. It looked pretty good from the preview thing.

You're talking about "Black Mass," xc, and I am sure it's incredible. Smile It comes out late September. Those previews are scary as hell...brrrr! Yes, Johnny plays James "Whitey" Bulgur and is already being considered for an Oscar before the movie comes out! Big Grin

And yes, he does know what he's doing with costumes! You can't recognize him at all, especially the eyes. I said it before, but any blue contacts that can cover up those incredibly dark eyes--are the best damn contacts I ever done seen in my life! Big Grin

Gotta see "The Gift,"--it sounds really good!

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Johnny's Dior ad...in full! Big Grin

http://observer.com/2015/09/th...depps-emo-dior-film/

This is really well done, actually. For a fragrance commercial, that is! Wink I like the wolf standing on top of the car too. And hey, who says a buffalo might not need a cologne now and then? Big Grin

Ahhhh, Johnny--YOU are the magic! Don't you see? <3

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Yes! NOW we're talkin'! Big Grin

http://www.bostonherald.com/en...y_depp_in_black_mass

It's just like I said when I reviewed Mortdecai. All Johnny needs is a movie(and director) worth his salt--and he's off to the races! Smile Big Grin

I'm so seeing Black Mass when it comes out here!

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I'm not gonna complain much anymore about da Heard---I said all I realy need to say. Those piccies in Venice do make me ill though. It's so obvious that it's for publicity and they're trying too hard. Now there's another article with hot piccies of them but me not gonna read it! yay! I'm movin' on. I know there'll be a light at the end of that there tunnel!!! Wink Big Grin

Cool thing is--BLACK MASS! Big Grin He's up for an Oscar already and the movie hasn't even come out over here! Wow! Eek Big Grin Go, Johnny go, go, go! Big Grin

Still lovin' the Dior ad too! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I still be wonderin' about poor Lily Rose and the hard work she must've put into Yoga Hosers--why, oh, why, did that movie not come out? Confused Why no trailer? Why no dvd at amazon? Frown I really wanted to see her act She's gorgeous and all, and it's great about Chanel and her modelling career, but it would've been interesting to see if she has a bit of her lovely father in her with regard to performing on the silver screen. Ahhh well! She is apparently, so I heard awhile ago, doing a movie with Natalie Portman about vampires or something--gonna be released in France, and it's in French I think. Anyway--wish her well! Wonder if Jack'll get involved in this biz? Smile

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Wow!!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/mus...ampires-alice-cooper

I rest my case, Johnny m'love--you kick ASS!!! Play that guitar, baby, and have a blast!!! Big Grin

GO, JOHNNY GO!

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Wow! Black Mass was AMAZING! Sad and depressing though--ugh! Frown And soooo upsetting, and scary. Like a movie like that is supposed to be, of course. As usual, Johnny got deep into the character and made him come to life ingeniously. Smile

But brrr, what a farked up character, that James Whitey Bulger--ugh!!!

Johnny has said a lot of things about him that have been upsetting Bulger's victims' families. It was fairly recent, after all, 1995 was the last time I think Bulger was in biz, killing people and burying them, etc. I feel like Johnny was talking like an actor getting into the role, trying to see every facet of the guy he was playing--including humanity, that side of Bulger who grieves for the death of a loved one, or helps an old lady with groceries, whatnot. He wanted to know everything about him. Of course, Bulger himself wouldn't meet with Johnny about the film because Bulger doesn't like the book it's based on.

But here's Johnny at the press conferences talking to the public as if he would talk to a director, about the person he will be portraying. I am not saying this to sound overly critical of him, but I think there's a tendency on Johnny's part to not want to see how monstrous this guy actually is--because of course, HE will be playing him. Johnny doesn't want to believe in "evil" because he is afraid that'll affect HIS mind too much. This movie is so risky as it is--20 years may be a long time, but not long enough for those families to have forgotten. No one forgets something like that.

Ugh! Either way, the movie was amazing, and getting great reviews. Oh, there are those Johnny-haters giving bad reviews too, mostly calling him a costume-wearing clown for all the physical changes he made to himself to play Bulger. That's typical. But this movie is getting really good praise, and Johnny is still up for an Oscar.

Go, Johnny, Go! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
A movie called Black Mass, ya think JohnE might be a satanic priest or sumthin. i don't watch gangster films much cuz it's all shoot 'em up & if there's a good person ya root for they usually get blown away.

JohnE ougbta get into Marvel films. Dr Strange part is already taken now- that woulda been good for him. If Robt Downey quits as Iron man, maybe he could do that. i have to think on this.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Marvel films sound intriguing. Johnny is great in action-adventure, heroic fantasy movies. Aside from the Tim Burton ones like "Alice," "Dark Shadows," or "Edward Scissorhands," he would be great in another Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter series or some such.(I always thought he'd have been an incredible Sirius Black in the movies that were made--but alas, J.K. wanted only native-born English actors. Razz Gary Oldman was great of course--but Johnny could have rocked that part. Big Grin He'd have been a great Snape too, but Alan Rickman, I have to admit, really does own that role.)

Let's get really adventurous! Johnny would be great in Xena when it all comes down to it. Say--some god or whatnot, or king, or spiritual practitioner--not like Eli, but someone more inspiring. He'd be a wonderfully quirky addition to a Xena movie, should there be one Smile

I used to write Star Trek(next Generation) fan fic where I would fantasize about a show where Johnny played the high lord or whatnot of a planet who served as a kind of stern mentor to a quirky security chief from the same planet(played by yours truly of course Big Grin) who used magic to combat enemies. That was actually fun! I wonder if I should get back to that...hmmm! Wink

Actually, I been thinking of revisiting that book we were writing together, xc--lots of personal problems, mainly with Ex, kept me from it for awhile--ugh.Razz Then, Tiki moved in for awhile and things got even crazier. Oh well. That story was pretty damn good though! I could have a fresh look at it if you wanna consider revisiting that as well. Let me know! Smile

Johnny would be epic in a movie based on that!!! Lots of those roles would suit him really well, if I remember correctly! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Rise and Fall of the Brass Razoo:

Let's get really adventurous! Johnny would be great in Xena when it all comes down to it. Say--some god or whatnot, or king, or spiritual practitioner--not like Eli, but someone more inspiring. He'd be a wonderfully quirky addition to a Xena movie, should there be one Smile

If Xena came back as a TV show, he'd be good in a reoccurring role as Hades- a role that wouldn't occur too often so as to not interfere with his movies. Or if they have Xena start out young- which they should- he could be Atrius, Xena's dad, and they could age him later on.

In a movie, he could be Caesar or maybe Auto- yeah Auto might be better. i could see him as the king of thieves.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Yes!!! Definitely the King of Thieves! That's perfect for him. Caesar--well, Johnny's good at playing bad guys, we know that. But Auto is definitely more his speed! Move over, Bruce! Whoohoo! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Hades would be cool too--also like the idea of Xena's dad! Big Grin Johnny is still pretty ageless, but I think stress is wearing him down, so people are talking crap about him gaining weight, looking worn in the facial features--whatever. Razz Take away an uber amount of that stress, let him find his "home" in life, whatever that may be--and we'll probably see him drop a few years, ten probably--as usual. Johnny always did look ten years younger than he actually is! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.