Johnny Depp, Actor Extraordinaire

This topic can be found at:
https://bingoze.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/436601791/m/5227021083

01 November 2016, 12:39 PM
Free Madness
Johnny Depp, Actor Extraordinaire
Two amazing movie reviews!!! Big Grin

1. Alice: Through the Looking Glass

This movie is epic. Unjustly boycotted as it was, it has an incredible message about time. How we use it, how we see it. Enemy or friend? We grow older, our bodies change, people leave us, either by death or other means...but then there are so many GOOD things that happen, and we have the gift of treasuring them and the memories afterwards. Like Alice said, "Time gives before he takes." Sasha Baron Cohen was very moving as the not-so-villainous Time. His relationship with the Red Queen and her trying to use her wiles to go back and change something that proceeded the accident that caused her head to become huge and thereby her marbles to be lost, rocked. Time would not let her go back and change things. He did what he had to to protect history AND the fact that if your present self sees your past self, ALL things just stop, and is frozen forever. Johnny was just heartbreaking as the grieving Hatter, who was so convinced that his family, thought to be killed by the Jabberwocky, were still alive. Mia Wasakovia was amazing as Alice, torn between wanting to help the Hatter and what she knew to be true about death. Anne Hathaway's White Queen took a big risk, telling Alice to go back in Time and save the Hatter's family. Then...Alice learned what REALLY happened to them and the Red Queen's involvement in it. Meanwhile, back in Alice's "real" world, Hamish has taken over the company his father had purchased after Alice's father passed. Hamish wants to trade Alice's ship, "The Wonder," formerly her father's ship, for the house Alice's mother lives in. The end of the movie, which I won't give away, is an amazing message that women CAN make their own decisions, even if it means taking major risks! It's ironic that this movie was boycotted by feminists who blindly believed the Ambooger's allegations that Johnny beat her...and denied themselves an amazing message about women taking charge. Alice was a sea captain in the beginning of the movie, who saved her crew from certain death. She's a hero that we can all learn a lot from. Highly recommended! Smile

2. Yoga Hosers

Another heroic movie about how a different sort of weapon against villainous killers can be utilized. YOGA poses! The Yoga instructor is epic in this film. Lily Rose Depp is awesome as Colleen Collette, whose family tale seems ironically similar to what might have been her own! She is extremely close with her father(right now I'm blanking on the actor's name), but he's married to a shrew of a woman(NOT her mother, whom we never know what happened to), whom Lily Rose flips the bird to on a regular basis, even while hugging her dad before he goes away on vacation. Lmao, the two Colleens are very close, just like young teenagers are, even going to the bathroom at the same time, something we all outgrow at some point. Harley Quinn Smith as Colleen McKenzie is epicly funny and she and Lily Rose have a great chemistry. Then, of course there is Johnny as Guy Lapointe, who is just adorable. The bad guy is one who embraced the path of an old Canadian Nazi, after his art and writings are crucified by critics. He created the "Bratzis" to kill all critics in the world. I love Johnny's line toward the end when Harley and Lily are saying to him, "We have to do something!" and Johnny said, "Well, he's not talking about killing real people. He's talking about killing CRITICS." Lmao! Then the Bratzis come together to form one HUGE monster who of course wants to kill ANY human in its path!

Epicly recommended. I love Kevin Smith. The movie got hideous reviews and he just laughs it off. Lmao, check out this video with him and the producer mocking the many bad reviews. This guy is cool! Wink Big Grin

Kevin Smith Reads and Responds to Yoga Hosers Reviews

A SIDE NOTE: Vanessa Paradis and Jack Depp have cameos in this movie too. Vanessa is epic as the history teacher who reveals a non-historically reported tale about the Canadian Nazi(played by Haley Joel Osmot(not spelling the name right, I'm sure, but it's the kid from Sixth Sense all grown up, lol). Jack Depp has a moment of being a little boy in the convenience store who flips Lily and Harley the bird and calls them losers lol. Lily declares that he is cool, and Harley agrees...lmao. I dun care, I am glad Smith is going ahead with the sequel to this movie, "Moose Jaws."

And the Canadian National Anthem is epic sung by the Colleens and that drummer, and Johnny's Lapointe on guitar! Lily singing in French is cool too. She has an epic singing voice. She just has to work on her rapping a bit lmao. Wink Harley was a li'l more natural with it.(the first song they perform is "I'm the Man." I forget who the original artist is lol...but then, I'm still slowly getting into rap thanks to Eminem and Xibit(sp) among others. Wink Big Grin Overall it was a great performance! These girls do have a passion for music. Harley did say in an interview that she at one point wanted to play the bass, and Lily said she wanted to be a singer. They should do it, imo, actresses or not. Big Grin )

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Free Madness,

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

02 November 2016, 12:16 PM
Free Madness
Lots of scoops on Johnny's upcoming acting gigs: he's up for a lot of roles. Labyrinth, a movie based on the book about rappers Tupac and Biggie's brutal murders has Johnny playing the real character of Russell Poole, who was trying to expose the LAPD's corruptness in the handling of those murders. Then, he's up for a role in a remake of the "Orient Express," also starring Judy Dench, Daisy Ridley and a host of others. Then, he's the Invisible Man, which has been announced for months.

Now, the latest has him joining JK ROWLING'S upcoming saga "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them."

One article has him playing Grindelwald , Dumbledore's best friend and possible love interest. (recently, Rowling came out and told the public Dumbledore was actually gay.)

Meanwhile, no Johnny representatives, nor Warner Bros. have confirmed Johnny's casting in Fantastic Beasts...hmmm.

Johnny Depp joins JK Rowling's cast in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

I am NOT posting the Forbes magazine article which of course HAS to question Johnny's "bankability," thanks to many "movie flops" and of course they HAD to mention Ambooger's accusations. SHUT UP!!!! Razz

I hope Johnny is doing what he wants to do...he does love the process of creating characters. A BIG announcement that shocked a lot of people has Johnny quitting UTA(United Talent Agency) which his longtime manager Tracey Jacobs has worked for for years) and joining CAA(Creative Artists Agency), UTA's RIVAL for years.

People are saying Johnny's doing that to boost his career. Lol, I will laugh if all these stories turn out to be dumb rumors again. Wink Johnny's last REAL-sounding report came from a video with Alice Cooper talking to reporters about how Johnny and the Hollywood Vampires are doing a lot of writing and planning for their next album.

Maybe we'll find out all these stories are hoaxes and Johnny's quitting acting and going into music! Big Grin

Although, I am curious about "Fantastic Beasts." Always a Harry Potter fan, I'd love to see how that works out. I always thought Johnny would have been great in the Harry series, either as Sirius, Lupin or even Dumbledore, if they used makeup to age him appropriately. Big Grin Hell, he'd have made an excellent psychotic killer out of Voldemort for that matter! Epic and terrifying as Ralph Feines(sp) was in that role, hell, Johnny could have done it justice too, had Rowling allowed American actors to do those roles. Wink

More will be revealed! Meanwhile, Johnny looks AMAZING these days!!! Check him out in his most recent appearance, at the Harry Dean Stanton Award Ceremony.

Johnny rocks out on guitar for Harry Dean Stanton at his Award Ceremony

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

13 November 2016, 08:03 PM
Free Madness
Johnny is so beautiful, he just rises above it all. Smile

Such MORONS on Social Media!!!! Razz I'm with xc, I really don't need much except the Scrolls. So long as ppl are nice and don't give ya grief for no good reason(like they do sumtimes on Facebook ugh! So many Trumpzilla lovers it's insanity and I don't even POST about politics there! Razz Roll Eyes)

But anywho, Johnny gave such a beautiful speech for his Rhonda's Kiss Award, which he was presented for his work with cancer patients...it was just awesome. He shared about his mother's illness and passing, and Lily Rose's illness in 2007, which she thannkfully recovered from. Johnny empathized with the parents of the children battling cancer, telling them, "It doesn't have to be that way." He ended by saying, "We just won't give up. It's as simple as that."

Beautiful. That's the only word, really.

Of course, like Taylor Swift says, "the haters gonna hate, hate, hate..." and so, unfortunately they are still going strong. Many neurotic blind sheep are protesting Johnny's casting in a (gasp) HARRY POTTER FRANCHISE???? Eek

The interesting thing is, Johnny will play Gellart Grindlewald in the prequel to Harry Potter saga, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." According to JK Rowling, Dumbledore was gay, and apparently he and Grindlewald had a romance of sorts back in their youth. What's intriguing as hell is that to hear JK Rowling talk about both characters during that time...Grindlewald is sort of a male Ambooger, very narcissistic and just using Dumbledore as a means to an end. Dumbledore is madly in love with Grindlewald and simply heartbroken to learn that this great love of his was not what he thought he was.

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing Johnny's take on Grindlewald. If anything, it'd be an odd kind of "therapy" to virtually play his own ex-wife as she was torturing Johnny throughout their relationship and marriage. No word yet on who will play the younger Albus Dumbledore, but people are speculating on Jared Harris, son of the late but never forgotten Richard Harris, the original Dumbledore.

"But--but--" sniffle the haters, "HARRY POTTER was based on a li'l boy who suffered DOMESTIC ABUSE by the Dursleys!!! How--how COULD JK Rowling use a WIFE beater in this series?" Razz

Yes, Harry Potter was rather roughed up by the Dursleys especially when he was small, altho that warn't nothin' compared to what Voldemort put him thru lol. Wink Still...what's your point, haters?? Johnny was accused, Ambitch dropped the allegations with prejudice, meaning she can't accuse Johnny again, ever, ever. Nothing was ever proven to be inescapably obvious that he physically abused Amber, but of course no one wants to just let it GO already...AAAAAAAH!!!!!! Razz

GET OVER IT!!!! smash

(sigh) But they'll never really get over it cuz Domestic Violence is still a serious issue and unfortunately too many other white male celebs who REALLY abused their wives/girlfriends have gotten by and still had halfway decent careers. I just wish Amburgler Female Trump hadn't taken it to the extreme, now this'll make it even WORSE on women who were REALLY abused, to speak out. Frown

But at the end of the day, JOHNNY IS NOT WHITE!!!! Razz He's got Native American blood dammit, and ok maybe the rest of his blood is Irish, German and other Caucasian type stuff but he's closer to his Native American roots. Razz It ain't all Black and White, peeps!!!! smash Razz Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

28 November 2016, 07:04 AM
Free Madness
Oh for cryin' out loud already---SHUT UP, AMBITCH!!!!!!! Roll Eyes

Amber urges women to "speak out."

Clever little minx, not "really" breaking the NDA, apparently. She didn't mention Johnny's name but there should be something against little "loopholes" like that. Johnny, it's time to open your mouth and put things right. Roll Eyes

Of course, Amber had to do "something" to save her reputation since, after all, she's kind of in the hot seat right now.

Apparently Amburgler was a prima donna on the set of London Fields, and she was the actual STAR of the film based on a novel of the same name. She plays a femme fatale named Nicola Six, who is clairvoyant and predicts her own murder. But she's also very promiscuous and such and there were nude scenes in the movie. Amwhore agreed by contract to do the nude scenes, then changed her mind. Among other such things, and now she's being sued for 10 million dollars. Razz

Karma may be a bitch but Amber never learns, does she? So she goes and makes this damn video about her "experience" with violence in the home--just to shift the focus onto hating Johnny and making herself look like a hero.

Forget it Ambs!!! You ain't gonna blackmail Johnny into paying you 10 million dollars to shut up, nor are you gonna get away with this much longer.

STOP THE EVIL SIDE OF MADNESS!!!!! smash

~~Johnny Depp.

30 November 2016, 07:19 AM
Free Madness
So much silly confusion in the news, I ended up watching "Pirates 1" last night. Felt good to see the beginning of the story again and how Captain Jack Sparrow first came aboard! Johnny entered my heart at that same time. Big Grin

I think Ambooger's conspiracy with the press to make herself look all wonderful and innocent is falling short. Just after her "emotional"(barf) video about "speaking out," reports came in that she was not donating any money recently to the charities she prommised to donate to.

Apparently the divorce papers haven't been SIGNED??? Confused And Heardy's lawyer says that that will be taken care of this week with Johnny forking over the full 7 million, eh?

Ummm...Okay. Razz

Ever since the statement and divorce settlement finalized(so we thought) in August, there's been dispute between Terdball and Johnny as to who gets to donate the money. Johnny pretty much decided, "I'M takin' over this operation!" (Yay! Big Grin) by sending the money directly, IN HEARD'S NAME, to the charities. He was going to do this over a span of time, donating 200,000.00 every three months. Terdball didn't like that because apparently Johnny would get a tax deduction but guess what, Ambs, YOU would get the donation deduction since it's in your name, moron! Roll Eyes Also, Johnny gets his own deduction for paying out spousal support as it is, while you, pretty Amber, would have to pay taxes. Big Grin No wonder you were so "generous" in pledging to donate your whole settlement. Razz

Did you really assume Johnny would get BOTH deductions, Heardy? Boy are you a moron. Grow up and read about taxes, stoopid. smash

What gets me is her "campaign" to stop domestic violence against women, when she insulted that cause with her sordid tales. I hope Johnny decides to be a spokesperson for promoting awareness about domestic violence against MEN, by women. Cuz it happens, as I said before. Razz

Domestic violence also includes emotional and mental abuse, after all. Johnny surely suffered more in that relationship than Amber, regarding emotional abuse!!!!

Well, so far as I'm concerned, Johnny's got this shit with donating the money in Amber's name. It's reported he never signed the papers? Bullocks, probably Amber didn't sign them cuz she's all hot and bothered by not getting a full cash-outright payout to HER.

(I still think it's ironic that this shite comes out on the heels of the 10 million dollar lawsuit on Ambs cuz of her diva act with London Fields! evil Karma's biting her and she's trying to bite back but it's getting too silly and confusing, so she better stop with the games and crawl back under her stone. smash )

Ah, but some people will never learn. I think it's time to fight fire with fire, re-open the case and expose the bitch. Or spend years and years listening to her whine and cry and grit your teeth every time you hear her name.

AAAAA! smash I think I'll go see Fantastic Beasts today and see Johnny kick ass as Grindelwald, and imagine one of his victims as Amber. YAY! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

15 December 2016, 11:05 PM
Free Madness
She is like a poisonous mosquito, a zombie mosquito. No matter how many times you kill it, it just...won't...DIE. smash

Her video didn't sit too well with Johnny(why would it? Lol) and then she turns around and writes this open letter on Portal magazine to her "silent sisters."

Ok. Remember I said that back in August, Amborg DROPPED THE CHARGES WITH PREJUDICE???

That means--SHE LIED, STOOPID FEMINIST MORON-HEADS!!! Razz What woman who's such a "survivor" and who wants to be a "spokesperson" for domestic violence awareness would DROP the charges--and while doing so, make SURE she cannot ever file them again??? Seriously, even if on the off-chance she WAS abused, would YOU want someone like that supporting other women in domestic violence situations???

"Amber, Amber, what shall I do? He hit me again. Should I call the cops?"

"No way! Wait til he does it again so you can video tape him."

"What if he kills me?"

"Then you'll have it on tape and the bastard will go to jail like he should."

"Um--I don't want to die, Amber??"

"No, I don't want you to die either, sister, but you have to suffer for your truth sometimes, right? Then we will all stand shoulder to shoulder and REALLY expose men for who they are."

"Ummm--well okay."

Really. As a woman who actually WAS battered in a relationship with a man(this creepy guy I lived with for four years before John), this bitch just scares the fark out of me.

Johnny won't pay her the spousal support now, he said no way! And now whaaat, the Borg has to come back with this pathetic Request For Order thing, where Johnny is gonna be forced to "pay up." Well here's a novel idea, Pierce O' Donnell--tell your Terd client to take her PSA video off the internet, and apologize publicly for that and the letter--which did, YES, violate the NDA agreement. I mean hello...who ELSE does the world think Amber is talking about? Roll Eyes

Aside from that, Johnny started filming LAbarynth! Yay! That movie is about Tupac and Biggie Smalls' murder. Eminem had a great song about that called "Like Toy Soldiers." That's how I got into Eminem, and now Johnny's doing a movie about it. Epic!!!! <3

~~Johnny Depp.

26 December 2016, 07:19 PM
Free Madness
I love this amazing and beautiful story of a stage 4 cancer patient, a YOUNG one, following his dream to make a film. Smile And Johnny is on board to help him...that's just what he does. Let's stop the Big C from killing more youngsters and other family members! Love you, Johnny Angel. <3

Anthony Conti's horror zombie film gets help from Johnny Depp, Laura Dern and others! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

04 February 2017, 06:45 PM
Free Madness
The Johnny haters are still active in the press. His divorce from HeardTurd is final, he's FREE of her(YAY!) but he had to say goodbye to Pistol and Boo, the stars of the real-life drama, "Doggiegate," in Australia. Heard got the two yorkies, plus 7 million smackers which Johnny is supposed to pay her within half a year(ouch)!

Now, his former management company, The Management Group, went really below the belt when, after Johnny found out they were screwing with his money, he sued them. THEY thought it would be cute if they went after Johnny by REVEALING to the whole world what Johnny spent on this, that or the other. It was horrific. Everyone is squawking about his 30K on wine a month...now THAT I don't believe, or at least I don't believe he DRANK all of that wine himself. Lmao, bitches--PLEASE. smh! Razz

However? I am not alone in supporting him, as it was epic to see so many like myself that had voted Johnny in as Best Movie Icon, in the People's Choice Awards.

Here's his speech, which made my whole year. This man really knows humanity and can appreciate people from all walks of life. Knowing I was one of those millions who stood by him throughout the hate game Amber Turd and her media suckups played on Johnny...TOTALLY brought a tear to my eye. Smile Screw Trumpler...People Have the Power to make a smile happen. To a man who created millions of smiles! Big Grin

Johnny Depp is the People's Choice for Favorite Movie Icon, 2017

~~Johnny Depp.

09 March 2017, 01:52 PM
Free Madness
Pirates of the Carabbean 5 Dead Men Tell No Tales looks EPIC! It comes out in two months...hard to believe it's that soon! Whoohoo! This trailer is my favorite. The first two had very little Johnny in it. Razz Yep, Disney were bein' wimps about the bad press. plllllp!!!! Razz Wink

ONWARD!!!! Big Grin Big Grin smash evil

Pirates 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales Trailer

~~Johnny Depp.

29 December 2017, 04:59 PM
Free Madness
*In LambChop's voice*
"This is the song that never ennnnds...."

Yes, folks, the actress formerly known as Johnny Depp's wife still wants her fifteen minutes of fame. Now that Harvey Weinstein, Al Frankin and a slew of other men have been accused of violence or sexual assault on women, the third wave feminists are again championing their "hero," who publicly accused Johnny of domestic violence after getting backlash from filing for divorce three days after Johnny's mum's death.

Yes, yes, that was over a year ago. Say what one will about pop culture and songs that never end, but unfortunately the Heardturd opened up too big a can of worms to just cease and desist talking about it. The #MeToo movement just stirred things up again and still, no matter what the court decided, the Heard's fans still can't put a lid on it. That said? I'll continue to speak out as well. Why not? I still have my own experience with domestic abuse from one woman years ago and the two men I had before Nick. Yes, my marriage was abusive, maybe not physically regarding punches and bruises, but there it is. Nick also had women abuse him. Hey, it can happen to anyone, it's not gender specific. And if JK Rowling, one of the most loved women in the universe can suffer the kind of verbal abuse she's received from angry Heard fans...I don't mind continuing to defend the truth.

But of course, nothing I say here wasn't said already so let's hear Autumn on Venus's research for awhile. You're on, Autumn! smash Big Grin

Why Amber Heard has no business calling herself a "survivor," let alone advocate for change.

Battle on, Johnny!!! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

29 December 2017, 05:28 PM
Free Madness
Johnny is soldiering on and his 2017 movies were EPIC. He is playing Grindelwald in the latest Harry Potter prequel franchise, and I am psyched for it. He also played a birthday party for Sean McGowan in Ireland. Marilyn Manson's two videos from his latest album "Heaven Upside Down" featured Johnny in prominent roles. Johnny is having fun and staying upbeat, and I am looking forward as well to the new Hollywood Vampires album, due in 2018, as well as a tour. Will Nick and I go see them perform? You better believe it!!! Big Grin
Nick and I have a special place in our hearts for Edward Scissorhands after seeing it on the big screen during that special showing I wrote about in the other thread. Seeing how easy it is for a whole slew of people who act like your friends until you're accused of something you didn't do, turn on you immediately is just chilling. The only one who stood by Edward after he was accused of burglary, crazy behavior and even rape, was the one person who didn't want him around at first: Kim, Winona Ryder's character. What a sweetheart she was! What an amazing movie about a boy who is different than others but just wanted love and to be part of something. Tim Burton captures that beautifully. Truly one of his and Johnny's best efforts!!!!

~~Johnny Depp.

11 January 2018, 01:40 PM
Free Madness
I look forward to the new album by Hollywood Vampires, which is featuring all new original songs by Johnny and the rest of the band. Alice Cooper says it's a "very hard rock" feel. They're going on tour this year and I am gonna save up for a VIP pass. Ugh, if I can. It was 1500.00 in 2016!!! Razz

In fairness, their concert tickets are pretty reasonable. I heard recently that Adele was playing somewhere and her tickets were 200.00??? HUH? Jeez louise, I know she's all that but c'mon now. Hollywood Vampires tickets were, at most, 80 bucks or something, and that's for floor seats. Say what ya will about Alice Cooper and Joe Perry being "relics," but Johnny Depp still packs in the kids, and they even learn to love the old classic tunes! Not bad for today's youth, in my humble opinion! Big Grin

As for movie stuff with Johnny, he's got a lot of cool things in the works. Sherlock Gnomes is coming out soon and that looks hilarious. I didn't see Gnomeo and Juliet but will probably rent it soon cuz it looks really cool.

Battle on, Johnny!!! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

06 March 2018, 08:28 PM
Free Madness
Johnny played onstage with Stone Temple Pilots recently...epic!!! Big Grin Lol I was telling Nick about it and I accidentally said "Stone Temple Pirates!" Kind of appropriate given the situation lol.

Things are quiet in the news, no "metoo" stuff polluting Johnny right now. Guess the Harry Potter facimists have shut up for the time being about him being in Fantastic Beasts. Amturd the Scumber was recently voted "Woman of the Year" in Australia...while Barnaby Joyce was de-throned for some sex scandal or whatev. The IRONY!!! Razz

The Oscars were funny this year. They had a whole metoo theme going and then Kobe Bryant won an Oscar. Feminists were raging cuz he was accused of sexual harrassment or whatnot. Puh-lease, when will they learn there's a difference between the accused and the guilty???

But I thought it was fitting, actually. The "metoo" thingie keeps glorifying women as saints even if THEY are the abusers and/or accuse innocent men of crimes against women just cuz they can. Karma's a bitch, ladies!!!

Lol. I'm so not a feminist anymore. Too much corruption. I'm not turning a blind eye to misogyny, nor do I deny I've suffered bullshite at the hands or mouths of men...but I don't think making all of 'em expendable and taking over like we're some kind of Amazon race is gonna help anybody.

Why is it that every time I come to this thread I go on tangents like this???

Cuz Amber Heard accused Johnny of domestic violence and didn't get punished for perjury...and I never liked that goddam "joint statement" that said "neither of them lied," even tho she clearly did and all the proof supporting Johnny as innocent got swept under the radar...and even tho she dropped the charges with prejudice never to be able to file them against him again??? He's still got that scarlet letter on his forehead and the metoo crap glorifies Amber as a hero, or Woman of the farkin Year. Ok so I'm still sore about it but it makes my gender look bad. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!! smash

Now, let's have some comedy. Johnny's upcoming new "movie" has him playing Barnaby Joyce himself in "Barnaby: The Movie." Funny Stuffage!!!! Big Grin Big Grin evil smash

Barnaby--The Movie, starring Johnny Depp

~~Johnny Depp.

15 March 2018, 05:36 AM
Free Madness
I am buying a ticket today...gotta see Johnny and the gang of Hollywood Vampires play Bethlehem, PA. this May. I can NOT believe they are going all overseas and so far that's the first States performance they're doing??? Tickets go on sale today. I can't miss this. VIP passes, Meet and Greet? Razz In 2016 that was 1500.00 and you had to wait in line and maybe, if you were lucky you got four minutes to talk to Johnny. But he always makes the most of those four minutes, hugs and kisses on the cheek, such sweetness, some fans of his post pictures and talk about how amazingly human and loving he is.

Wow. I would actually pay it if I had the money...and now that I'm single again, it's more fun to fantasize about our elusive bed chamber...Big Grin

Lol. Nah, I won't be putting Johnny in the role of Prince Charming any time soon. What is meant to be will be. Dreams are great. Possibilities are possible. Nothing is IMpossible or even UNpossible.

Aside from that, tho, these glass slippers are going into the recycle bin! smash Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

24 April 2018, 11:26 AM
Free Madness
I am going to see Hollywood Vampires on May 21...gonna stay at a motel for two nights, UBER excited!!!! Big Grin

I wish I coulda gotten a backstage pass but mehhhh, fuken prices jacked up for no good reason, really... Roll Eyes

Johnny is still looking great! Still weathering bullshite in the news about his lawsuits with financial crooks-errr, managers...but at least Assbag is paid off for her spousal support FINALLY, and this happened in February!!! Johnny's COMPLETELY free of her now, financially as well as everything else. YESSSSS!!!!

Sherlock Gnomes is out now, gotta see it before it leaves the theaters...it looks awesome.

Go Johnny Go!!!! <3 <3 Big Grin smash

~~Johnny Depp.

24 April 2018, 02:49 PM
Free Madness
I was just writing in the X and G Lesbian subtext thread, and I thought of something. A lot of politics are surrounding LGTB themes these days and I think there's only one way it can not only be more "accepted" but more about what it's really supposed to be.

LOVE, not politics. Hello!!! smash

Reason I bring that up here is, as I posted before, Johnny is playing Grindelwald in JK Rowling's Fantastic Beasts franchise. Shortly after Harry Potter was finished, JK came out of Dumbledore's closet and told the world he was gay. And he was madly in love with Gellert Grindelwald, who of course ended up being evil. Broke Dumbledore's heart, that did!

A lot of fans were hoping for a gay love story between Dumbledore and Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts. Well, those of them that could get over Johnny being Grindelwald and SHUT it about Assbag and her lies! Jude Law was cast as Dumbledore. Many, including me were picturing his chemistry with Johnny and thinking, wow, what an epic dynamic that will be!!! Big Grin

However, David Heyman, one of the producers, came out recently and said wellll, they're not gonna have an "openly" gay relationship, just an implied one.

I was only disappointed cuz of the politics today. If it's not overt homophobia, it's hammer-over-the-head outage, like Dammit I'm Gay, deal with it, I'm gonna kiss this girl just cuz I can! Ugh. You wonder why people "come out," and are they REALLY?? Or just being 'cool?" You wonder what's real anymore. I think on this and all I can hear is Ann Wilson screaming in my soul...

WHAT ABOUT LOVE?????

I mean when does it all stop? The labels, the politics, the constant talking about what no one would need to talk about if it was a "normal" relationship. Roll Eyes

Movies and shows are faced with two choices, either go all out and be political OR be all subtext-y and covert like it was in the 90's with Xena, Fried Green Tomatoes and other such things.

I kinda understand if the Fantastic Beasts producers are doing the subtext-y thing just to keep people from scrutinizing only the "gay" theme...or even better, the idea that Grindelwald, while he may have responded to Dumbledore's love in kind for awhile, was only using him, after all, for his wisdom and power. Grindelwald was a narcissist who used people for personal gain, as JK Rowling herself said once. So...in that sense, it is very accurate to keep it subtext...

But, if they actually went "implied" instead of open because of the bullshite surrounding Assbag's allegations and the ongoing hate on Rowling for her support of an alleged "wife beater???" I will be MAJOR pissed. Mad

UGH! So many bullshite political and sensational things have messed up so much great art, movies and music. It's time to stop that. Time for a revolution!!!! Beatles anyone??? Razz Big Grin

One of these days, they might do away with all labels on Love and realize all we NEED is Love anyway!!!! Smile

Onward!!! Big Grin smash

~~Johnny Depp.

30 May 2018, 04:20 PM
Free Madness
This is SOOO Hot!!! Big Grin

The Legend of the Magic Hour

It's the latest Dior movie that Johnny did, and man it is one of the COOLEST-assed movies he's done, short as it is!!!

I love when he gets into the Native American stuff, he is SO sexy with all of that. Figures, it's part of his heritage thanks to his great grandmother, who was a fullblooded Cherokee. Smile Nothing hotter than Johnny Depp at his realest. OOOFFFF!!!!

The OTHER awesome thing was when I went to see Hollywood Vampires in Bethlehem PA and saw THIS!!!! Eek Big Grin

Hollywood Vampires--Heroes, Bowie cover--Johnny Depp LEAD VOCALS

HOLY EFFIN COW, now can anyone who listens to it tell me he's not channeling Bowie just a little? I always knew Johnny could sing but...DAMN! Bowie's not an easy man to cover vocally.

Soldier On, Johnny!!! Smile

~~Johnny Depp.

06 June 2018, 12:26 PM
Argeaux
Be very careful what you write in this topic.

Ranting about not liking someone's behaviour because they are a feminist, and a lot of the opinions that are being expressed about gay people, are highly offensive.

I have kept the Scrolle open, despite the fact that only a few people use them. I can easily change my mind and close them.

The stuff being written here is more suitable for a Johnny Depp message board.

I will tolerate it for now, but will lock this thread if it keeps making judgements about things that aren't to do with Depp's movies.

~~~~~~~~~~

06 June 2018, 03:02 PM
Free Madness
I thought I was pretty clear in my discernment of behavior verses feminism or anything else...but i'm sorry if anything was lost in the translation. Discriminating against gay people in particular is not my M.O. nor will it ever be. I'm not a female misogynist either lol. All I can say was it was not my intention to lash out at any whole group(or groups) of human beings because of one person's decision to use feminism or anything of that nature, as an excuse to be a perpetrator. These people exist, sadly. I hope further posts in this thread make it clear I am not one of them. Thanks and Namaste.

P.S. I've been saying less and less about Amber Heard lately since not only was that two years ago, but things are improving quite a lot these days, an example being the two videos I posted last. I'm more focused on the positive things Johnny Depp is doing NOW, including making great movies and music. Peace out.

~~Johnny Depp.

07 June 2018, 06:59 AM
Free Madness
Contrary to the fervor that started from a few leaked photos, Johnny is apparently NOT sick with any kind of malady. He's not dying of some illness that is causing him to lose weight. There are more articles now debunking the rumors. I guess because of the shock of David Bowie and Alan Rickman's deaths, where they battled cancer silently, and the public didn't know until they both passed away at their different times, fears like this will come up. Many, when they see a celebrity drop a bunch of weight seemingly at a fast rate, will automatically worry that he/she is terminally ill.

Johnny has put a new job on his resume...music. He's traveling with a rock band and playing two hours every night. That's incredibly physical work, however fun it looks and, no doubt, is. Joe Perry and Alice Cooper have always been rail thin but their fans are used to seeing them like that. This is their line of work. Normally, Johnny is doing movies, that's his main gig. Music is only a recent thing he started doing regularly.

Oh well. Needless to say, I am SO GLAD to read from people who are closest to Johnny right now that he is not sick. He's doing well, is healthy and happy to be doing what he loves. BATTLE ON, JOHNNY!!!! Smile smash

~~Johnny Depp.

07 June 2018, 03:28 PM
Argeaux
I don't think I made myself clear in my post above.

The topic of this forum is "Movies".

Please feel free to talk about anything to do with Johnny Depp's MOVIES in this topic.

If you wish to discuss anything else to do with Johnny Depp, such as his weights, a Johnny Depp message board is the appropriate place to do so.

His music can be discussed in the "Music" forum on this board.

~~~~~~~~~~

07 June 2018, 05:13 PM
Free Madness
No you didn't make that particular thing clear but that's fine. Duly noted.

It's hard to say what my favorite movie is. They're all pretty special, and he never plays anyone the same. Recently I saw "The Astronaut's Wife," which I hadn't seen before. It was CHILLING. The end is NOTHING I could have predicted. Even more of a shock than "Secret Window," which is saying a lot.

The next movie of Johnny's to come out will be "City of Lies," in September later this year. It's based on a true story about an LAPD detective, Russell Poole, who was trying to solve the murders of Biggie Smalls and Tupac. A lot of corrupt activity happened during that case...Poole found himself battling with the LAPD to let them do his job and uncover the TRUTH, as well as all the craziness surrounding the murder. At any rate...it looks amazing. Forrest Whitaker co-stars as a journalist trying to get a story about it years later.

~~Johnny Depp.

08 June 2018, 03:39 PM
Free Madness
Last night, I watched "The Brave." Johnny produced and directed that movie, using his own money to fund it, in 1997. I'd talked about it earlier in this thread but I thought the review I wrote on the Amazon page was a better way to describe this movie.
*SPOILER ALERT* for anyone who hasn't seen it!!! smashBig Grin

Here goes!!!

"I regard death as a kind of necessary metamorphosis. You see, there's pain when you come into the world at birth, so it seems fitting that there should be pain at the end of it...it is the final measure of bravery to stand up to death."

These are some of the lines said by Marlon Brando as McCarthy in "The Brave" as he interviews Raphael(Johnny Depp) for his role in the snuff movie he will do so that his family will have enough money to escape their painful living conditions.

They are also some of the best lines I ever heard in any movie. I am not sure if Depp himself wrote those lines, or his brother, or if they were merely taken from the book "The Brave" was based on. But, chilling and scary as McCarthy's statements are--they clearly depict the cold, brutal reality which is a kind of living death many people in the world experience. The example here in "The Brave" is the torment Raphael and his family endure as they struggle to make ends meet in a scrap dump located near a town in perhaps Arizona or New Mexico. Prior to making the decision to give up his life in the snuff movie, Raphael often stole money for his family, which usually always landed him in jail where he would spend up to three years at times, away from his family. Raphael also has a serious drinking problem that also caused him some jail time for "drunken disorderly," and "assault."

It's a dark, broody film that apologizes for nothing, nor tries to underplay or downplay the emotions or the gritty reality. It is what it is. It may seem to some like a depressing tale, but it's also a story of pure, unadulterated love. It's an inspiring portrait of one man's decision to die for his family in a last-ditch attempt to show them what they mean to him. Even if he failed them miserably, in his eyes, at least they'll have enough money to get out of their painful situation and have a chance at a better future. Otherwise, so thinks Raphael, they literally have no real hope of rising above their scrap-dump situation.

Once Raphael decides to give up his life so his family can have that chance--he finally begins to live. He re-bonds with his son Frankie(Cody Lightning), whom he probably had a very turbulent relationship with earlier on. Based on the beginning of the film with what I call the "stare down" between father and son--the tension is thicker than butter. Young Frankie, bearing the long hair of a growing Native American brave, wears an arm cast, placed there perhaps because Raphael once beat him up in a fit of drunken rage. It is not made clear in the movie whether this happened or not, but it's a subtle hint that is very chilling. My guess is, if Raphael did indeed beat his son, it was the first time he ever did that, and this was the final nail in the coffin, so to speak, which drove Raphael to want to die so that his family can live on without him. A snuff movie, which would pay him money to die would be the perfect solution, so that at least he could leave behind a way out for his family, the best love he could ever give them, since he obviously failed at everything else.

Once he signs up for the snuff film and is paid a third of the fifty-thousand dollars McCarthy offers him, he goes out of his way to make it up to not only Frankie and his sister Marta, but Rita, his wife, as well. Rita(played by Elpidia Carrillo) sees the scrap carnival Raphael has built for his kids, which he wakes the whole family up to see, and the first thing she thinks is--more burglary. Rita is tired and fed up, her life with Raphael a living hell that she must try to make work for the sake of her kids. At the same time, her love for Raphael never died, as the memories of the first time they met and got together remain prominent in her mind. As Rita says, when alone with Raphael as he tries to explain that he did not steal the money used to build the carnival--she's known him for years, before Raphael got taken in by liquor, robbing stores and going to jail. "The kids didn't get that father," Rita says, adding that they only got tastes of him. At one point, Raphael tells her simply that he wants to provide for Rita and the two kids. Rita's response is that if he wants to provide, he must love them first. What she doesn't realize is that the next week with Raphael will re-awaken not only her powerful love for him, but her happiness and passion, things she thought she lost a long time ago. Ms. Carrillo, as Rita, is sensitive and sweet as well as tormented and sympathetic. It's a stellar performance that made me really care about her. In the documentary in the Special Features section of the DVD, Elpidia Carrillo exclaimed that Rita was just like her mother, as she grew up poor herself. This obviously allowed her to make her role in "The Brave" even more real. I wonder what she's doing now. She's a wonderful actress.

Luiz Guzman, who plays Luiz, Raphael's former "partner-in-crime" is more of an actual "villain" in this movie than McCarthy is. Guzman's performance gave me the chills. He did, as Luiz, drop the F-bomb quite alot, but it's real life, after all, not glitzy Hollywood censorship which tries to downplay that word so that audiences are not too "disturbed" or "off-put" by it. Luiz is a burglar and a druggie who managed to make some money to have a house and a car. People in that scrap-dump look to him as someone with a certain kind of "success," and this makes Luiz feel important. His pompous attitude mixed with a need to feel important and respected is all over Guzman's body language as well as the delivery of his lines. You are meant to hate this guy. He's not a nice person. At the same time, you also see a glimmer of humanity in him as he confronts Depp's Raphael during a party Raphael throws for the neighborhood with more of the third of fifty-thousand dollars. Luiz tries to get Raphael to share some of his wealth, while stating that "you're making me look bad in front of these people and these are MY people." As pompous and threatening as this is, it also shows Luiz's helplessness in a situation where he once felt he and Raphael were "partners" and "bro's" as they worked together in burglary. Luiz takes a lot of credit for having been there to help Raphael "score" with whatever store they decided to rob, for the most amount of money. Another scene has Luiz speaking to Lou(Frederick Forrest, formerly Johnny Depp's boss in "21 Jump Street"), and his wife Maria, Rita's sister, and their son, Lou Jr. played by Max Perlich. Luiz goes on about how Raphael "held out" on him by not including Luiz in what he assumes is a "score," not a "job" as everyone in the neighborhood says. It's known all over the dump that Raphael is trying to go straight. Not only does Luiz not believe this, but Father Stratton, the priest played by Clarence Williams III, also is convinced that "something smells funny."

A powerful scene in the movie consists of Raphael making a confession to Father Stratton, telling him about his role in the snuff movie. Raphael begs the priest to make sure that Rita and the kids get the money after Raphael is gone. Raphael thinks that this priest, the only real honest person around, is the one person he can trust to do that. Father Stratton is horrified, asking how Raphael can expect a priest to commit the carnal sin of helping someone commit suicide! He says no to Raphael's pleas, but you can see the torment behind the decision. It is powerful performance by Clarence Williams III, who, like Guzman and Carrillo, make you feel everything in his body language as well as his words.

The second-to-last actor I will mention here is Floyd "Red Crow" Westerman, who plays "Papa," Raphael's father. He does not have a lot of lines, but is in the movie a lot. A particularly chilling scene has him talking to Raphael about "living with the spirits," and trying to teach Raphael that world when he was a child. While it seemed to Papa at the time that Raphael didn't care, he now believes his son DOES care. This is after a particularly heinous and gory scene which I will not spoil for you. As Raphael sits at a bonfire contemplating his fate, Papa calls upon the Native American spirits to be with Raphael while he meditates with them. The scene is an amazingly powerful one with yet another father and son reconnecting--just when the son is ready to leave the earth. Papa's final bit of sage advice to Raphael is 'whatever you do, think of the children first." You can see in Raphael's eyes the very reason for his terrible decision to die--so that his son will not grow up to be just like he was, nor will his daughter end up in the hands of people like Luiz, who also pays whores to entertain him on a regular basis.

Last, but certainly not least, is Marlon Brando. What can be said about him that hasn't been said already? The man is a master at his craft. Depp, in the "special features," documentary, said that there was no way he could actually direct Brando...he just allowed him to work his magic on his one speaking scene, those stellar lines mentioned at the beginning of this review. Brando's approach to McCarthy's philosophy of death is so human, even as he speaks of doing evil things. You definitely feel an ambiguous sort of sympathy for him. On his desk is a picture of a woman who might have been McCarthy's wife or daughter, perhaps. You know that McCarthy has seen enough death NOT at his hands, to eventually lead him to take lives himself, while claiming that dying "leaves behind the greatest gift that anyone can give another--which is the courage to face death."

I got this movie imported from a seller in Japan. It was advertised as workable on every DVD player. I do not see that particular version available anymore, which makes me feel blessed to have gotten my copy! This plays beautifully on my computer, and while I never tried to play it on a DVD player itself, it should probably work just fine based on the advertisement. Nevertheless I was grateful to see this amazing film by, in my view, one of the most innovative actors of all time--Johnny Depp. I had to see what he did as a director, and a writer. I just had to see it for myself, as I knew that Johnny decided not to release the film in the United States, largely based on one critic's slashing of the movie after the premiere.

Based on my review of the above actors, I hope I gave a sneak preview of Depp's wonderful directing abilities. He really brought the film to life while helping the actors create the characters effectively. When I wasn't shedding tears, I was cheering at certain triumphant moments, or gritting my teeth at whatever injustices these people dealt with. As an actress myself, I am in theater, local theater. I'm not in Hollywood like Johnny is, but in 2008 I set out to direct a play I wrote myself, one that I also acted in. It was one of the most stressful, most tormented experiences of my life. Like Depp with "The Brave,' I had never directed before. Were it not for the cast and crew of my play who believed in the project and stepped up with support and helpful guidance, I think that I and the play would have fallen flat on our faces. The "team effort" of everyone involved actually enabled me to realize a pretty good result. This said, I thoroughly relate to Johnny's assertion when discussing "The Brave" that he should be "committed to an institution for even thinking I could get away with this." Those words could have come right from my lips when discussing my own attempt. So, from one directer/actor to another, different worlds aside, I can greatly sympathize with everything Johnny must have gone through while putting this passion project of his together. This, in addition to being attracted to the story and loving Johnny's work in general(and Marlon Brando's), made me seek out this film and buy it.

I am so glad I did!!! We are always our own worst critics, and Depp is as human as I am, celebrity or no. I understand and sympathize with his decision not to release this film in the States, but again, I hope he reconsiders at some point. He really did wonderful work as a director and writer. His acting, as well, was some of the best work I have ever seen him do. Which is saying a lot!

NOTE: I do a lot of quoting the film here. I do not own the copyrights at all, nor do I claim any ownership, I merely want to give people a taste of what they will see when they watch the movie. That said, I hope my quotes do not offend--merely show Depp's abilities as a writer and director as well as an actor. To me, the lines are pure genius!

~~Johnny Depp.

10 June 2018, 08:26 AM
Argeaux
Johnny Depp is too thin at the moment.

That is due to him losing a lot of weight for a movie that he is making.

It's like when Meryl Streep lost a lot of weight to make herself too thin for the scenes she filmed in a concentration camp in Sophie's Choice.

~~~~~~~~~~

10 June 2018, 08:42 AM
Free Madness
Yeah, I remember Sophie's Choice. That was a tough one, especially that one scene(*Spoiler warning just in case, even if it's an old movie... Razz)

When she had to choose between her two children...noooo way. I couldn't, if I'd been a mom. But...that was not meant for me.
[b[*End of "Sophie's Choice" spoiler[/b]

Johnny did do a film called "Richard Says Goodbye" about a terminally ill college professor. People have said he's losing weight for that role but he filmed it last year...who knows. It took them several years to get all the Pirates 5 footage done. Maybe he didn't film the scenes where his character really gets sick, etc. Maybe he'll film that later. There's a lot of movies he was working on that haven't come out yet. Oh well. We'll find out. Smile

Battle On, Johnny Depp! He still has many awesomely interesting characters to explore and create. I don't see HIM retiring anytime soon!!!! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.