Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    The Queen

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Queen
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Started my pre-Oscar movie run and saw The Queen this weekend.
As expected, Helen Mirren was quite good (someone I know has an older relative from the U.K. who exclaimed after seeing it "Why I do believe that she is more like the Queen than the Queen!" Wink ).
For those who do not know, the film covers the events immediately following Diana's death. I found it intersting that the whole film essentially takes place in less than 5 days. Such a moment in time but something that, according to the film, changed people's views quite a bit (or at least had the potential to). The story is what it is- a character study and exercise in good casting- but I enjoyed it.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Ill be seeing this when it hits the Cheapy movies...
Im no fan of twitty British royalty...

With Diana gone I have lil interest in the rest of the blighters.but it does look good in previews.

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Saw the trailer for it on TV the other day. Seemed quite interesting. And I have a thing for british movies. So, me thinks me will go see. Big Grin

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Well Ive seen this tonite...
It is pretty good.

Im old enuff to remember thinkin poorly of the queen & the monarchy at the time...

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Saw this on dvd this last weekend and it was pretty good, though sad with all the Diana clips.

Same day i saw the movie, the Queenie was at the Kentucky Derby. Ya know, she didn't even sing "My Old Kentucky Home" with the crowd. How rude! But i betcha she drank herself silly with a buncha mint juleps and had some jockey brough back to her hotel suite so she could play "ride the filly" with!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post