New
Find
Notify
Tools
Juno
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
So you got your Ellen Page as Juno, smart and smart alec chick who finds out she's preggers at the beginning of this movie. Juno talks in hip chic culture language which gets annoying within 20 min. She don't want the baby, she wants to give it to a married couple (Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman). Bateman and Juno share a love of music, and the music in the film is the best thing about the film. Page plays Juno smart, but so smart that i don't buy that she'd let herself get pregnant (she's a high school chick, btw, and i didn't see any other pregnant high school chicks in the film). The movie gets Hallmark cute in the last act and one wants to barf, pregnant or not. How this film and especially Ellen Page ever got nominated for Oscars is beyond me (Garner had the best acting in the show anyhoos). Phooey on the Oscars for becoming the Grammys and nominating this fluff.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
*cough*

I liked it.

*cough*

Big Grin

Although I will agree - Jennifer Garner was amazing in this one...I liked her on Alias and stuff, but she was miles above that in this movie.

And we won't mention the fact that somehow she reminded me a whole lot of Idina Menzel in this movie and how that just made me goo goo ga ga every time she was in a scene. *cough* Razz

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I thought Jason Bateman did a good job in this film in that he was so creepy - just what the role called for.

I liked J. K. Simmons and Alison Janey as the parents, but then I always like J. K.

I do know what you mean xc about it be a bit too cool for school, but the excellent moments outweighed that, IMO.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
I once again agree wholeheartedly with Mr. xc's thoughts on the film...which is making me wonder if I'm more insane than I thought I was..hmmm....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
It was Ok none of the characters seemed real except maybe Junos BF....

Jennifer Garner's character was the next most realistic.....

Maybe the moral of the story is that Mr Cool will always bail when the fun is over.....{JG's Hubby}

Why can chicks never grasp that ??

This was quite forgetable.....
Why do the Oscars always pick crap......

My daughter,my librarian brother & my unwashed self ALL liked Jumper better.
Its nothing special just a recent movie we all have seen.

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post