Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Golden Compass

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Golden Compass
 Login/Join 
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted
She liked it more than I did its good but not great I would say../
I dont know what the religious fuss is about the
'Magisterium' reminded me more of GWB & our new america than the Catholic church....LOL

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Red-headed chick is the center of attention in this flick. Her uncle (Daniel Craig) is some big shot politico-scientist or whatever. Nicole Kidman plays a conniving kidsnapper. Then there are giant bears, gypsies, Sam Elliot as a gunslinger (typecast!) and animals as souls on yer outside.

Never read the book, dun know about any religious fuss and the Magisterium didn't seem as villainous as i'd hoped for. But i really enjoyed this movie. The red-headed chick (Dakota Blue Richards) steals the show. If they're gonna do sequels they best hurry cuz Richards will be blooming fast and outgrow that part.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post