Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    R.I.P. Mr Miyagi

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
R.I.P. Mr Miyagi
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
From
IMDb.com

'Karate Kid' Star Pat Morita Dies

The Karate Kid star Pat Morita has died at his Las Vegas home. He was 73. The actor and comedian, whose portrayal of Mr. Miyagi in the 1984 movie earned him an Oscar nomination, passed away on Thursday of natural causes, according to his wife of 12 years Evelyn. She says in a statement, "(My husband) dedicated his entire life to acting and comedy." For years, the actor, real name Noriyuki Morita, played small roles in such films as Thoroughly Modern Millie and TV series such as The Odd Couple and Green Acres. His first breakthrough came with classic TV show Happy Days, and he followed with his own brief series Mr. T and Tina. The Karate Kid spawned three sequels ending with 1994's The Next Karate Kid, which paired him with a young Hilary Swank. More recently, Morita provided the voice for a character in the 1998 Disney movie Mulan. Born in northern California on June 28, 1932 to migrant fruit pickers, Morita spent most of his early years in the hospital with spinal tuberculosis. He later recovered only to be sent to a Japanese-American internment camp in Arizona during World War II. After the war, Morita's family tried to repair their finances by running a Sacramento restaurant. It was there that Morita first showed an interest in a showbusiness career, eventually committing to it full time at the age of 30. He is survived by his wife and three daughters from a previous marriage.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
He had a semi-regular role on "Sanford & Son", too.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Rachel broke the news to me on the way home tonight. So very sad. Frown

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
...Mr. T & Tina...?

why do i envision a gay hairdresser & a chihuahua?

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Shinigami
posted Hide Post
Oh man, I was sad to hear the news. Frown

Your Hidden Talent

You have the natural talent of rocking the boat, thwarting the system.
And while this may not seem big, it can be.
It's people like you who serve as the catalysts to major cultural changes.
You're just a bit behind the scenes, so no one really notices.

What's Your Hidden Talent?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourhiddentalentquiz/

Posts: 474 | Registered: 20 September 2004Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
That is sad... I thought he was pretty cool. Frown

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post