Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    The Last Jedi(Spoilers)

Read-Only Read-Only Poll
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Last Jedi(Spoilers)
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted
I did not see the first two new Star Wars flicks but the good thing about the Last Jedi was I didn't have to. Parts of it moved kinda slowly and was hard to work out, but it all worked, overall. I LOVE Mark Hamill in this. He and Carrie Fisher were amazing in this movie. RIP Carrie Fisher and I'm so glad she made her last great picture as Princess Leia.
Daisy Ridley was excellent as Rae, the newest Jedi, who tracks down Luke so she can learn from him. First, Luke didn't want to teach her, as he'd retired from Jedi-hood. But thankfully he changed his mind. Meanwhile, the former Ben, Luke's nephew by Leia and Han Solo, went dark and is trying to be the "new" Darth Vader. Unfortunately he killed his father Hans in Rogue One. Frown But Ben and Rae have an amazing telepathic connection and she wants to save him and bring him back to the light. Unfortunately that doesn't happen, at least not this time. I am positive Rae is somebody, maybe Ben's twin like Leia is Luke's? Whatever it is, we'll find out next time. The movie ended with a good suspence-filled twist. LOVED the fight scene with Luke and Ben...reminiscent of Obi Wan and Darth Vader in the first one. Luke IS Obi Wan now, complete with the cloak and hood. Smile

I loved all the characters and their quirks and relationships. Loved Laura Dern with the purple hair. Chewie, C3PO and R2D2 were a joy to see, still their old, classic selves.
This was worth seeing. Not too CGI or otherwise modern-day fluff. Good heart-filled scenes and storylines.
Other thoughts? Go ahead, floor's yours. Smile

Question:
What did you think of this movie?

Choices:
No more Star Wars' movies, let's move on already!
Awesome! More, please!

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Didnt read above as I have not seen it yet ..

But I WANTS too....

hopefully I can reply at a later date....

Im not a big Starwars fan....

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

Was by FAR my fave of them all...

I thought :
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
Was an Under-rehearsed ...Slap-dash ....uummmm... turd.....

It was completely under-whelming....

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Saw this flick last nite.

i've seen all the Star Wars films. The first three were the best. Then they kinda went down hill, Jar Jar Banks crap & all.

Rogue One was good, i liked Force Awakens. Last Jedi was more of the same, though they could have easily cut a half hr out of it, the obligatory space blast 'em up scenes.

That one chick who hung around Finn was annoying. Too much CGI, not enough story. The "mystery" of Rey's parents gets dragged on til i don't care. She's an interesting enough character but they messed up killing off Han Solo & Luke Skywalker. They need to keep one of the originals as there isn't much draw to the new characters.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
This was a huge improvement over the one B4 it.

I liked it alot.

one thing that distressed me was how guant Laura Dern looked..like an Aushwitz survivor !
Sunken eyes & all.

I just wanted to give her a cheeseburger the whole time she was onscreen.

This Hollywood obsession with emaciated women is
just wrong.....

There is no 1 body type & teenage fashion model thin....needs to die ....NOW !!

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:

This Hollywood obsession with emaciated women is
just wrong.....

There is no 1 body type & teenage fashion model thin....needs to die ....NOW !!

THANK YOU!!!! Smile

I almost wanna(as a joke) quote one of the old trolls of the past...I agree with Brucy 100%...hahahah. Razz

But seriously folks. I am getting majorly bored of all the bulimia/anorexia stories that never quite get healed up enough just run around in circles...people beat the monster that is starving oneself or binging/purging and then get out there looking healthy. But then someone who (gasps) carries weight, maybe a lot of weight? Is dehumanized like a monster. Fat jokes are still "okay" in comedy but everything else has to be "PC." Roll Eyes What that must do to the ones recovering from anorexia and bulimia...does anybody think about that? People go on about how "great" these thin models who used to be anorexic look, but these models hear all this fat shaming of their fellow actresses and what does it do to them? Messes with their heads, that's what, and they have to battle that within, all the time. Occupational hazards that can be VERY hazardous, even deadly.

I tie this into Star Wars by remembering Carrie Fisher's battle. She ended up being bullied to lose weight for one of the movies after being fat-shamed at the premier for "Force Awakens." It's shameful. Even worse than people who come on the scene with extra flesh, it's people who started out thin(and considered "sexy") then gained weight later in their lives. Oh the horror! Carrie Fisher was just one of many who had that happen to them. Men go through it too in their way. Maybe not Harrison Ford, but others, especially the "sex symbols." Roll Eyes

It all needs to die. Carrie Fisher may have left us but I hope more working artists stay alive. While the MINDSET of "thin is better" dies off for good.

Ok. Rant over. smash Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post