Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    The Shape of Water(Spoilers)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Shape of Water(Spoilers)
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted
This was such an interesting and lovely movie. I'm told it was kind of a throwback to 'The Creature from the Black Lagoon" which I never saw. But the costume the creature wore in this was SO beautiful. And he had quite the body, even as a different species!
A strange love story between a creature who is captured for experimentation and a woman who works where he's being held captive. I actually missed the first part of the movie so I don't know why she can't talk, but she started to sing toward the end of the movie...a little. Eliza rents living space from this guy who lives with several cats and is kind of eccentric but very cool.
Eliza is a badass, even for a small, waif-like woman. Loved how she was signing "F-you" to the evil guy asking her questions. She loved this creature and the doctor who helped her release him from his prison was amazing.
The creature has healing powers and actually helped this guy's hair grow back when age was balding him.
Loved Eliza's friend Zelda, hated her husband Brewster ratting out Eliza and the creature. The villain dude who was trying to get the creature back(complete with "the Power of Positive Thinking," so ironic...), was scary as hell but funny in many parts. I can understand why this movie is up for Best Picture. I recommend it!

What do y'all think? Big Grin

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Didnt read above as I have not seen it yet ..

But I WANTS too....

hopefully I can reply at a later date....

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Saw this tonight. The cinematography was good, the acting was good. It reminded me of a dramatic version of "Splash" but with the Creature from the Black Lagoon replacing Daryl Hannah.

As far as winning the best movie Oscar, from the movies nominated i've seen so far, "I, Tonya" is the best. This one is good but not great but that's okay.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post