Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Cloverfield

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Cloverfield
 Login/Join 
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted
Val & I watched this...is REALLY uneven..

In fact we kept discussing what should & shouldnt have been done with the story itself & its presentation.

I dont think I have ever said that sorta stuff during a movie before in my life !!

Thats @ 100 movies a year for at least the last 10 years.

It has that nasty jerky headache inducing camera work...
Like Bourne identity. Do not sit close in theatre....
But at least theres an excuse for it in this one.
the irritating character holding the camcorder thru 90% of the movie has Nothing to say but Will NOT Shut Up !!!!!
Also he has our view(thru his Camcorder)pointed away from whatevers going on WAY way too much.
the bunch with the camera are less than ideal people to hold anyone's interest....Anyone with a brain anyways./

Despite numerous flaws I did enjoy this movie .....quite abit actually.

The sad thing is it was Good when it could have been Awesome....

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Excellent flick!

Kinda like "Blair Witch Project" meets "20 Million Miles To Earth". Starts out with a going away party for Rob, but within 20 minutes, it's a going away party for NYC (held by a giant creature with little nasty mean creatures leapin off him/her at fast rate). Rob and a few pals wanna find his squeeze Beth (hottie Odette Yustman) before exiting NYC.

If ya like grade-b sci fi films from the '50s and '60s, yer bound to love "Cloverfield". i did.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Im glad you liked it XC...../

I will admit its not one I will forget.... /

I think I like it more than my review indicates....

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post