Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Da Vinci Code & Poseidon

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Da Vinci Code & Poseidon
 Login/Join 
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted
Well both were ok .

I expected more from DaVinci....
Its a slightly darker National Treasure.
I dont have fond memories of the earlier Poseidon movie this was better I guess..
hell its been forever since I saw the other one.

Neither is overly memorable.I think Val liked em better'n me.

Where is Van Helsing when we NEED him...??? Big Grin

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
The Da Vinci Code had a few nice directorial moments, and some refreshing humour but, for the most part, it was as boring as bat shit.

Too much talking, not enough doing.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
i read "The Da Vinci Code" novel which had some interesting ideas but the author writes like a 3rd rate Stephen King wanna-be. There were a couple really embarrasingly bad moments in that book, i thought. i heard they changed a few things in the movie version, not sure what, but i'll wait til it's out on dvd & i can get a free or cheap rental.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brucy Braless:
I dont have fond memories of the earlier Poseidon movie this was better I guess..
hell its been forever since I saw the other one.

Fondest memory of 1st "Poseidon Adventure": Pamela Sue Martin

Not fond memory of 1st "Poseidon Adventure": that hideous song, "The Morning After"smash

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
My sister used to watch the original Poseidon Adventure all the time. All I remember is a lady I was fond of made it all the way through the movie, until near the end when everyone was crossing a narrow walkway of some sort and she fell and burned to death. I think it scarred me for life. I was only a little kid Frown

I haven't actually seen the remake, or The Da Vinci Code so I haven't got anything else to add..

I have seen the Da Kath & Kim Code though. Fun movie Big Grin

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
Picture of TiggsWP
posted Hide Post
Ok, so I just saw DaVinci. I really liked it. I thought it was incredibly close to the book, much closer than I thought. There were one or two painfully cheese filled moments. But overall I thought they did a nice job. Definately not action adventure...but still fun.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Saw "The DaVinci Code" on dvd last night. What a lame stoopid movie. I'd hoped this would be better than the book but sadly it was faithful to the novel. Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou acted more like emotionless robots than humans. What a waste of celluoid.