Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Brokeback Mountain

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Brokeback Mountain
 Login/Join 
Scroll Addict
posted
I saw Brokeback Mountain last week and it completely took my breath away. What a BEAUTIFUL film... the shots we so pretty and the actors,I think, did an AMAZING job.
Heather Ledger let us have it. You could just feel his sorrow without him saying a word...
Have any of you had the chance to watch it yet ?? if not, I would suggest watching it... it's brilliant !

Posts: 128 | Location: Currently Las Vegas | Registered: 15 November 2005Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
This one is on my must see list.

I love Ang Lee's direction.

One of the best around today, I reckon.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I thought it was good. But not the spectacular thing it was hyped to be. I actually thought Jake Gyllenhal was better.

Although I was very proud, that both Ryan and KC accompanied Keri and I to the film. He thought the film was good, but he's just not one for love stories. Period. Regardless of who's gettin' nekkid in them.

The cinematography was superb. I loved Wyoming's landscapes.

I thought it was good. But not great. I'd prolly rent it on video but only if Keri made me.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sara:
The cinematography was superb. I loved Wyoming's landscapes.

Especially because it was Canada... Wink

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
great cinematography.. loved heath and jake
i'd have liked more story to fill the time though

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
heh, last time i checked in here there wasn't a thread. i was just about to come in and start one in honour of jake's BAFTA win for best supporting actor ^_^

god i hope he's nominated for an oscar. forget heath Razz. jake was the movie for me. heath, i hardly knew what he was saying half the time, lol, but his expressions did say a lot. very sad Frown. i thought the shirt thing was corny in the ads, but when i saw it in the movie, i cried. mostly cause i was going "awwww!! that's SO cute!!!" Big Grin

the time skips bothered me a little, but then i just pretended there were some loose chronotons about and got over it.

and of course, the land scapes were pretty. i still like australian scenery better though Razz

i don't like love stories much either, which is why i focussed more on their individual stories. that was much more interesting, to me. but of course, me being me, i didn't mind the gettin nekkid bits either Wink

great movie, well worth the wait. i hope to see it again very soon Smile. and i am so buying the dvd Big Grin

--------------------------------------

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
It was impressive. I think it was very well cast with the exception of Anne Hathaway. Exactly WTF were they thinking?

****may have some small spoiler stuff*******

I found it absolutely heart wrenching to watch Ennis attempt to cope with what were obviously the strongest emotions he had ever felt.

A friend's mother said she felt that Ennis was a real loser. I was floored by that interpretation. I believe that a large part of who we are comes from how we are raised and what we are exposed to while we are growing up. The 'we are creatures of our environment' theory. If you can even slightly take that belief into consideration, I think it really helps to see why Ennis behaved the way he did.

I do not feel he was a 'loser' or a failure. His emotions went against everything he had ever been taught or exposed to and he dealt with those emotions the only way he could.

It also made me wonder about the flashback of his father showing him what happened to 'those people'. Could it have been that his father saw those tendencies in Ennis and took advantage of the death to 'teach' Ennis what can happen?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Addict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duke of Victoria's Hazardous Secret:

It also made me wonder about the flashback of his father showing him what happened to 'those people'. Could it have been that his father saw those tendencies in Ennis and took advantage of the death to 'teach' Ennis what can happen?

That's a great thought.

Posts: 128 | Location: Currently Las Vegas | Registered: 15 November 2005Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Finally saw it. I thought it was good, if a teeny bit over-hyped.
Loved the cinematography - worth seeing on the big screen just for that. Didn't mind the time jumps (good job aging the actors,imo, despite the fact that you could see Ledger's makeup in some of the outdoor closeup shots) but I, too, would have like to see a little more story filled in.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post