Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Pan's Labyrinth

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Pan's Labyrinth
 Login/Join 
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted
What is it with Brutal Nasty movies lately..???

This is certainly better than the other 2 but...

I go to the movies to ENJOY myself & have a good time with my
grown daughter. I resent when I spend $25 & leave dissatisfied.

We havent been havin much FUN lately... smash

This isnt Awful,just alot more nasty than it needs to be.

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
do you ever read anything about the movies you go see beforehand? that often helps you avoid the movies you might not enjoy due to their violent content.

i'm just saying... Cool

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Hay Im a JUNKIE..
Im Desperate I need my Fix..

Acoupla times a week At Least....

I know Im graspin at straws lately....

I generally just try to watch Ebert & Roeper
& the ads & stuff....There is usually ALOT of lag time between their reviews & my actually going to that movie.
My CFS doesnt help with my memory.
I WANT to be surprised by what happens ...
just not revolted..LOL

There are 2 Gratuitious scenes in this movie that Exist Solely to watch someone be murdered...
I get it that were seeing bad bad people I dont hafta be slammed in the head with it.This thing has a body count like a teen slasher flick.

I have been over doing it with movie going since LotR started...
I havent been so dissappointed as I have been in the last 8 months or so....offal passed off as Art.<yuck smiley>

You know us Junkys get REALLY Cranky when our stuff is Sub-Standard... Wink

At least I got to see LOST tonite..THat wasGREAT!!!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Br%cy:
Hay Im a JUNKIE..
Im Desperate I need my Fix..

Acoupla times a week At Least....

I know Im graspin at straws lately....

I generally just try to watch Ebert & Roeper
& the ads & stuff....There is usually ALOT of lag time between their reviews & my actually going to that movie.
My CFS doesnt help with my memory.
I WANT to be surprised by what happens ...
just not revolted..LOL

i understand the junkie thing, man, cuz i'm a cd-aholic. i check cd review sites constantly for finding out what kind of music a record may be or if the artist has changed their style.

Have ya tried Rotten Tomatoes multi-review thing? Gives you the best and worst reviews. i don't trust Ebert & Roper much, they seem to like too much stuff anymore (more than they used to) and i wonder if they're gettin wined and dined too often by Hollyweird to give out good reviews. Couldn't you get a great cable tv movie channel deal on what you pay for the theatres? That's how i'd go, but then again i'm a recluse.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
Couldn't you get a great cable tv movie channel deal on what you pay for the theatres? That's how i'd go, but then again i'm a recluse.

Umm I dont think there IS a Great Cable TV Movie channel. Ive had ...ummm... access to 3 & rarely watched anything on Em.
Besides the movie trips are a night out with my Lil VAL!!!Thats always the bestest part anyways.

Ive just had a bad run of movieslately, thats all, hadda happen sometime didnt it...??

Thanks for the Suggestion...

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Caught this flick on dvd last week. It was pretty violent though the storyline was pretty interesting. The SFX were good as was the acting but not a movie i'd want to see again, maybe for a long time. The nite i saw this, i had a dream which changed the ending of the film to a more positive, less violent and much musical way. i liked my dream ending best!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post