Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    "Into the Wild" AND "Atonement"

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"Into the Wild" AND "Atonement"
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Into the Wild is a true story about 20 something Christopher McCandless, just outta college and his trip across the USA and then into the wilds of Alaska. Along the way he meets hippees, Swedish sunbathers, crazy farmers, horny 16 yr old Joni Mitchell wanna-be, and lonely Hal Holbrook. Emile Hirsch is excellent as Chris (who renames himself Alex Supertramp). This is a killer road pic that delves into many issues without getting preachy. Here's a great film that stuck in my mind since i saw it last weekend. Highly recommended.

Atonement Briony (Saoirse Ronan), a 13 yr old chick in 1935 England, tells lies & mistruths about the boyfriend (James McAvoy) of her older sis, Cecilia (Keira Knightley). This leads to jail for McAvoy and seperation between the main 3 characters. The movie has a great feeling of old Hollywood in its look and sound. The storytelling is great. But the final act & ending made me feel cheated cause of the fate of the characters due to the sequence of the storyline. Still worth a rental.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
I have Avoided 'Into the Wild' lie the plague.....
Im not saying Id expect it to be bad ,, its just not for me...

I liked Atonement too.

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
I was seriously dissapointed by Atonement. I agree with you xc, the ending made me feel cheated. And used. And all around grumpy, like I wasted the money on the movie altogether, there was such a great build up and plot, i would've rather not had the whole "this is the fake ending I gave them" and had just seen the tragic end - that would've made an oscar.

I looooved Into the Wild. It was all kinds of good stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post