Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Movies    Walk The Line

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Walk The Line
 Login/Join 
Scroll Addict
posted
So, In about 2 hours I will be entering a movie theatre to watch Walk The Line . . . Just wondering if any of you had intentions on watching this movie ? OR if they're any Johnny Cash fans out there . . .

Cool

Posts: 128 | Location: Currently Las Vegas | Registered: 15 November 2005Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am very interested in seeing this movie,being from Cashs' home state and all. Make sure ya Tell me how it is! Smile

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Scroll Addict
posted Hide Post
~ Whoa ~ Whoa ~ Whoa ~ WHOA ~
I refuse to write 5 paragraphs explaining EVERY detail of this film... It was AMAZING, and the cast BLEW ME AWAY . . .
Please, if you have just little curiousity to see Walk The Line. . . YOU MUST !!
I had problems believing it WASN'T Johnny Cash singing...

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone... Just see it !! Big Grin

Posts: 128 | Location: Currently Las Vegas | Registered: 15 November 2005Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Been a CASH fan ever since my Daddy played him for me when I was a little girl.

When I saw the shorts for this film *I* couldn't believe that wasn't him singing.

Can't wait for this movie to make it to Oz. Smile

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm I keep a close watch on this heart of mine.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Just saw this today, really really really great. If the movie doesn't get an Oscar nomination then Joaquin Phoenix & Reese Witherspoon definately should. Robert Patrick is great as Cash's dad and Ginnifer Goodwin does a great job as Cash's first wife Vivian

Like advertised, Phoenix & Witherspoon sound very much like Johnny & June. T-Bone Burnett is the music producer on this film and does the score- he's probably the best person to have on a music bio-pic. He had the same job on "O Brother Where Art Thou" and "Cold Mountain", it's no wonder Phoenix & Witherspoon sound so good with T-Bone on board.

I liked this somewhat better than last year's musical bio-pic, "Ray". This movie seems to move at a faster pace though i wish they'd had better actors for Elvis and the musicians they portrayed and that they'd shown more of Cash & Carter among their collective family. But excellent film all way round.

Oh yes, Reese looks so damn hot with that black hair, lemme tell ya i was droolin all over that theatre!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night. Pretty much what xc said though I liked the guy who played Jerry Lee Lewis. Heh, he was a crazy cat.

I really liked this film. Excellent movie, loved both Joaquin and Reese, good good stuff. I'd go see it again.

I was humming "Ring of Fire" all the way home too. Smile

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post