Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Getting to Know You

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Getting to Know You
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted
I was only mentioning to another scroller this morning how little i know about some of the new (and some of the old scrollers).. so i thought i'd post a thread where each person posts some general information about themselves, so we can all know each other that little bit better.

You don't have to answer all questions, and you can add anything you like also.

Usual scroll name: (as some people change theirs weekly)
Kids/pets: (names are good too)
Other tv shows you like other than xena:
Other Past times: (sports, reading gamers?)
Fav xena character:
Fav ep or season: (of xena)
Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch:
Favourite Colour:
Favourite movie/actor/actress:

add anything else too Big Grin

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Usual scroll name: Amethyst
Country you live in: Australia (state, New South Wales)
Kids/pets: 1 child, Jessica, almost 6 years old
Other tv shows you like other than xena:fav current shows, house and the OC, i still like to watch eps of buffy and friends on dvd
Other Past times: game cube, game boy... and i just took up tap and jazz dancing Big Grin
Fav xena character:Xena.. and Ares
Fav ep or season: fav seasons.. 3 then 5, then 6.. fav 2 eps off the top of my head, Motherhood and last of the Centaurs
Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch: n/a
Favourite Colour: purple
Favourite movie/actor/actress: i really like Anne of Green Gables...lol

AIM: aamethyst27
Yahoo: amythyst32
MSN: amethyst1973@hotmail.com

Big Grin

add me if you dare....

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
Usual scroll name: madogis
Country you live in: australia, nsw
Kids/pets: cat - no name
Other tv shows you like other than xena: buffy, home and away, family guy, futurama
Other Past times: mostly i watch tv and play on the internet. sometimes all at once. also i write and draw.
Fav xena character: hm.. my first instinct was callisto Razz, but probably joxer.
Fav ep or season: i think i decided it was "the quill is mightier" and season three. i also like "been there, done that" Smile
Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch: eh... to watch, nrl?
Favourite Colour: light blue
Favourite movie/actor/actress: "the last unicorn," uhm.. jason smith (or james or johnny), juliet landau.

--------------------------------------

Scroll Addict
posted Hide Post
Real name:Nicole Elizabeth... But I'm known mostly as Nikki or Boop
Usual scroll name:ArtemisRed... Doesn't Change. Wink
Country you live in: Las Vegas, NV - U.S.A.
Kids/pets: My Best Friend and I have a plant named REGGIE !! Big Grin
Other tv shows you like other than xena:Arrested Development, Buffy, Deadwood,Friends and SEINFELD
Other Past times: Theatre, Dancing, Singing... Drinking blush . . .
Fav xena character: Joxer is one of my FAVORITES, and of course, XENA... and yes I do the war cry everytime I toast a shot of liqour !!
Fav ep or season: I love Season 3 and next in line would be 5... sounds strange but I think most of the eps were shot SO WELL.
Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch: Ice Hockey is a passion of mine and I DIE for College American Football.... GO USC!!!
Favourite Colour: A balance of Red and Black is always nice, but I've become very found of green... No envy jokes, please Smile
Favourite movie/actor/actress: MOVIES = School of Rock, Freeway, LOTR trilogy, and many a Disney Flick Actors = I'd say Anthony Hopkins, Christian Bale, Winona Ryder (she rocks my world), Johnny Depp, Bruce Campbell, ummmm.... I can stop now Big Grin

Myspace.com = Miss Red OR you can find me www.myspace.com/boopboopbedoop BE MY FRIEND !!

Posts: 128 | Location: Currently Las Vegas | Registered: 15 November 2005Report This Post
Scroll Addict
posted Hide Post
PS - I love this thread !

Posts: 128 | Location: Currently Las Vegas | Registered: 15 November 2005Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post

Usual scroll name: Brucy Braless
Would use 'familiarity breeds contempt'{of me} but its too long to type....

Country you live in: Buffalo, New York State USA

Kids/pets: Valerie & Cat named Sydonia(Face on Mars location) but I call her 'Sillyus Maximus'...usually

Other tv shows you like other than xena:

Other Past times: Internet,Comp(Strat/Sim)Games, Intelligent TV....RGP games ..tho not recently

Fav xena character:Xena then Gabs

Fav ep or season: (of xena)Generally the show got better over time
But the finales were among the WORST eps.

Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch:Play golf
I NEVER watch sports.

Favourite Colour:Since Ive been ill bright sunny yellow is my fave.. It perks me up.

Male probably Mel Gibson

Female, too many to mention
But Ill try:

Clare Danes
Scarlett Johanssen
Nicole Kidman
Kate Beckinsale
Evangeline Lilly
Jen Connelly
Alicia Sliverstone
Denise Richards
Anne Francis
Jane&Bridget Fonda
Debra Farentino
Ione Skye
Phoebe Cates
Rosario Dawson
Rebecca Gayheart
Rachel Mc Adams
Parker Posey
Naomi Watts
Diane Kruger
Gwenneth Paltrow
Jeri Ryan
Julia Roberts
Salma Hayek
Sandra Bullock
Courtney Thorne Smith
Kelly Preston
Jane Seymour
Jennifer Garner
Caroline Dhavernas

Umm just a few offa the top of my head.. Big Grin

I used to be able to use ICQ/AIM but this comp is pretty dodgy so Im loathe to put too much on it.

Why is it easier to fool the masses than it is to convince them that they have been fooled...?

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
HAY! I forgot my fave movies:

the LOTR trilogy
Road Warrior
Schindler's List

Ill probably add more stuff here as I think of it.

Great thread Ame...Big Grin
I was actually thinkin of re-introducing myself to scrollers so they could fully appreciate just whom they were lookin down their noses at.. Razz

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post

Usual scroll name: Salem

Country you live in: NSW, Australia

Kids/pets: Don't got any of these

Other tv shows you like other than xena: Okay, here we go: Futurama, Kath & Kim, The Vicar of Dibley, We Can Be Heroes, Absolutely Fabulous, Family Guy, American Dad, Neighbours, Home and Away, Desperate Housewives, Lost, House, Veronica Mars, The Simpsons.. There are definately more, but I'll leave it at that..

Other Past times: Watching TV and DVDs, playing my GameCube, my DS, using the internet, reading..

Fav xena character: Well, Xena and Gabrielle, then Athena Smile

Fav ep or season: Season 3 and 6. Favourite episodes, I'll go with The Rheingold, The Ring and The Return of the Valkyrie.

Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch: Quidditch. If no one accepts that (Roll Eyes) then I guess watching Rugby League.

Favourite Colour: Green

Movie: Labyrinth, Peter Pan (2003)
Actor: Jason Isaacs, Chris Hemsworth
Actress: Laurie Foell, Jennifer Connelly, Nicole Kidman, Kate Winslet, Maggie Smith

Smile

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Addict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salem:

Fav ep or season: Season 3 and 6. Favourite episodes, I'll go with The Rheingold, The Ring and The Return of the Valkyrie.

Smile

Holy Cow... I JUST finished The Return of the Valkyrie and then checked the scrolls...I mean Literally JUST finished it.... It's still on the DVD menu for "chapter seletion,main menu, and PLAY" with that pic of Xena looking VERY "Dr.Zhivago" with that white fur outfit...

HOW FUNNY !!!

(PS~ sorry, I tend to freak out sometimes)

Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Usual scroll name: Tam

Country you live in: USA (current state: maryland; originally: louisiana)

Kids/pets: none at the moment

Other tv shows you like other than xena: buffy, CSI, veronica mars, battlestar galactica.. just starting season 1 of '24'

Other Past times: computer, photography, sleep, work

Fav xena character: gabby

Fav ep or season: early and middle stuff

Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch: couch potato.. like to watch soccer/futbol, baseball

Favourite Colour: primary colors.. blue and green mostly

Favourite movie/actor/actress: these change, but check out my sigs for some idea

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beauTifully tragic,

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post

Usual scroll name: eyezoom

Country you live in: Austin, Texas

Kids/pets: Alaskan Malamute named Stella, Golden Retreiver named Maverick. no kids...nieces & nephews

Other tv shows you like other than xena: LOST, Survivor, The Shield, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Bonanza

Other Past times: camping, roller derby geekdom

Fav xena character: Xena, Callisto

Fav ep or season: The Debt

Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch: Tennessee Titans of the NFL. Holy Rollers of the TXRD

Favourite Colour: green (it's not easy being green...)

Favourite movie/actor/actress: The Princess Bride/Robert Duvall/Meryl Streep

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post

Usual scroll name: Sara Razz

Country you live in: Texas, USA

Kids/pets: None, thank God

Other tv shows you like other than xena: The Boondocks (yeah bitches), The Shield (YEAH BITCHES!), Family Guy, Sleeper Cell, LOST, Commander in Chief, InuYasha

Other Past times: fanatic video gamer, definitely a World of Warcraft fan, reading (I'm currently re-reading Kurt Vonnegut), camping, and generally being a smart ass to everyone

Fav xena character: Xena

Fav ep or season: Three

Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch: Texas A&M, Team USA Softball, UCLA Bruins (softball), Dallas Mavs

Favourite movie/actor/actress: Gone With the Wind, Denzel Washington, Audrey Hepburn & Natalie Wood

Occupation: I'm a Rental Property Coordinator for a (soulless, sucktacular) non-profit organization. Read: Landlord.

*edited to add occupation otherwise Ame gets pissy*

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sara,

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Real name: It's not lila but turns out that I'll answer to that in the right company.

Usual scroll name: lila997

Country you live in: USA

Kids/pets: No kids. 2 dogs - a ginormous yellow labrador and a beagle who thinks that she is a petite goddess (but isn't)

Other tv shows you like other than xena: Sooooo many shows..so little bandwidth! Current shows: Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Project Runway, Travel Channel, Degrassi (shut up!)The Food Network, Veronica Mars, The L Word, Inside the Actor's Studio and various crappy reality shows that I get sucked into and untimately enjoy but will not publically cop to watching. Wink
Past shows (R.I.P Frown ): Six Feet Under, Wonderfalls, Sex & the City, Firefly, Buffy, Carnivale, China Beach

Other Past times: photography, travel, reading, yoga

Fav xena character: Xena

Fav ep or season: Season 3, closely followed by Season 6

Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch: Watch Olympics and most New England professional sports (Sox, Pats...)

Favourite movie/actor/actress: Movies: Life is Beautiful, Wizard of Oz, Cinema Paradiso, Monty Python Holy Grail, Being John Malkovich, The Incredibles, Amelie
Actors/Actresses: John Cusack, Kevin Spacey, Natalie Portman, Morgan Freeman, Hepburn...really, too many to name.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Usual scroll name: (as some people change theirs weekly) Smirk Morgan
Country you live in: (state too) USA, Oklahoma
Kids/pets: (names are good too) One cat named Abigail
Other tv shows you like other than xena: House, Mythbusters, Ghost Hunters, The City Gardener (what? I like eye candy with my um...gardening), the MIA Location, Location, Location
Other Past times: (sports, reading gamers?) Reading, writing (in fits and spurts)
Fav xena character: Xena and Autolycus--aw heck, and Iolaus even if he didn't actually qualify as an XWP denizen
Fav ep or season: (of xena) Season 2, 3 and 1. Favorite eps are The Price, The Lost Mariner and the Ring Cycle
Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch: I don't do sports. I like going to the odd baseball game. I always support the OSU Cowboys--in any sport.
Favourite Colour: Green
Favourite movie/actor/actress: [b]Movies: The original Star Wars trilogy; The Princess Bride; Airplane! Actors: Cary Grant, Bob Hope, Myrna Loy, Maureen O'Hara.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
posted Hide Post
Oh, i meant to also add occupation (or if studying, what are you studying)

I'm a secretary at a place that makes stickers Big Grin

Scroller Extraordinaire
posted Hide Post
hey look at that, i was logged out, and so i logged back in, and logged back in with the wrong name..lol this is the one i started when it all changed over, and i got confuddled.

I want to also add that I love Harry Potter, books, movies and games Big Grin

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Usual scroll name: (as some people change theirs weekly):Warrior Priestess 9
Country you live in: (state too): U.S.A., Pennsylvania
Kids/pets: (names are good too): 4 cats: Aradia, age 14, Cassandra, age 11, Figaro, age 8, Craela, age 1, approximately. 1 Ferret, Xerxes, age 8.

Ummm, i think I have enough "kids" for now.Big Grin Unless you count my husband, ok that's kid six.WinkBig Grin

Other tv shows you like other than xena: Creature Comforts, Vicar of Dibley, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Fawlty Towers, East Enders(altho I kind of stopped watching that awhile back cuz the storyline was bumming me outFrown).
Past shows that i miss: Buffy, Angel, Roswell, to name a few.
Other Past times: (sports, reading gamers?): Hanging out with my husband, writing, internet hopping and chatting, reading, mostly fantasy, Harry Potter Books in particular, but also old fiction, like Mark Twain and Charles Dickens(recently read The Christmas Carol for the first time and loved it.Big Grin). Singing, opera or rock and roll, and writing music. Playing the guitar or piano and jamming with friends.

Fav xena character: Xena, Ares, Lao Ma, Minya
Fav ep or season: (of xena): Eps: Paradise Found, Adventures in the Sin Trade 1 and 2, a Family Affair, The Play's the Thing, and any ep with Lao Ma in it or her kids.Big Grin
Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch: Sport to play: does opera count?Razz i'm not a sports person at all, i don't watch games or play them, even computer games. Unless you count role playing games lol.
Favourite Colour: Black, Purple, Red.
Favourite movie/actor/actress:Movie: It's a Wonderful Life and The Breakfast Club. Actor: Johnny Depp, Alan Rickman, James Stewart. Actress: Ingrid Bergman, Viviane Lee, Kate Winslet.

add anything else too

Occupation: Art Model and Standardized Patient...and just about any job that's not a "real" job, except prostitution and phone sex lol.RazzBig Grin

Voice type(for opera): Soprano(for anyone who's ever been curious and knows a bit about music.Big Grin)

How long been married: 9 years

Msn handle: hazelkate67@msn.com

Yahoo Handle: kate19119 (Lately I've not had msn and yahoo on at the same time...i've been talking a lot on msn so i haven't had yahoo on...it's all about the RAM lol...I gotta get more RAM when I can afford it.RazzBig Grin)

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
Usual scroll name: Discord Man
Country you live in:Arkansas in the USA
Kids/pets:Dog Named Cocoa
Other tv shows you like other than xena:Family Guy,WWE shows,Simpsons,The VH! countdowns
Other Past times: work,gaming
Fav xena character:I like 3 the same, Gabrielle, Discord and Callisto
Fav ep or season: season 3 and A Good Day in 4
Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch:Not any really
Favourite Colour:teal
Favourite movie/actor/actress:Any of the cast of Xena,Rachel Drach,a few others I cant think of.

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
Usual scroll name: Brian. and just for the record, i've never cared for the constant switching of names. i guess i'm too lame to try and figure out who people are all the time.

Country you live in: Florida, USA
Kids/pets: one son, who has two kids of his own. I have a 5-year-old Jack Russell terrier named Callisto.

Other tv shows you like other than xena: lately... Lost, Numbers but i don't even bother with cable because commercials really irritate me. i'm not a tv watcher.

Other Past times: play soccer, volunteer work, reading, movies

I'm really bad at favorites. I have zillions.

Fav xena character:
Fav ep or season: (of xena)
Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch: baseball, Florida Marlins
Favourite Colour:

I've been married for almost 24 years, but last January 31st my wife filed for divorce. geez, that sucks.

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Usual scroll name: wxf
Country you live in: NC in USA
Kids/pets: No Kids 1 dog-Shadow just turned 11 and also diagnosed with diabetes so she gets insulin shots now-2 a day!
Other tv shows you like other than xena: Law & Order, Law & Order SVU, all the CSI's, Lost, Ghost Whisperer, Survivor, American Idol, Medium, King of Queens, Still Standing, Numbers, Cold Case, Reba, all the news shows like 48 hours, etc, 24, Prison Break, The Apprentice, that's all I can think of now-I guess you'd say I'm a TV addict!
Other Past times: (sports, reading gamers?)with all the TV I watch I don't have time for anything else! LOL
Fav xena character: Xena of course
Fav ep or season: (of xena) That changes from day to day-today it's Season 4 and Between The Lines
Fav sport to play/or team you like to watch: don't like sports
Favourite Colour: blue
Favourite movie/actor/actress: don't really have a favorite-I like action movies, & crime mysteries

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post