Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    Looking for Scroll feedback

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Looking for Scroll feedback
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
Is there a feature you would like to see on the Scrolls?

I'm not going to guarantee anything, but if someone has a good idea I will try to make it happen.

Some things are beyond my control, as I am limited to the features provided by the board host.

Don't ask me for anything silly like a forum to discuss a famous person.

Do not go off on silly rants in this topic, or you will feel the ban hammer for a couple of days.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I liked the Poetry forum the scrolls used to have. It eventually grew to include stories, fan fiction or other type of fiction. That'd be cool to bring something like that back if you'd want to consider it. Speaking for myself, I'd use it. Writing keeps me out of trouble(i.e. too much pop culture or whatever other head nonsense. Razz ) Wink

I did start a "Creativity thread" here in General, but a forum would give people a chance to write their own poetry and/or stories with their own threads where others can comment. I know there's only a few of us posting here of course. xc is writing a story, not that I know if he'd want to share it but hey, who knows! At least there'd be an option.

Just a thought. Smile

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I noticed your creativity topic.

I think your suggestion is great, and I've reinstated the forum.

It was only closed because a couple of the moderators don't like reading stories and poems by other Scrollers.

I've now made myself the mod for that forum, so that won't be a problem.

---

Any other ideas?

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!! Thanks, Argeaux. Big Grin

I always liked your writings too. Personally I love a chance to see others' creative works.

Speaking for myself, I can't think of any other ideas right now, Others here might have some thoughts, who knows. I'm just glad this site is still here. Facebook has its benefits but I always loved the anonymity of forums like the Scrolls where anyone can join and you don't have to "add" them. Nice to have a place where people who've known you all your life aren't necessarily there, seeing everything you post, etc. Wink Thanks for keeping this going!!! And take care, say hi to Ares for me. Smile

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
You make an interesting point.

I hadn't really thought about the benefits of anonymity on a message board.

Ares says a big g'day back to you, and thanks you for remembering his nickname.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Free Madness:
xc is writing a story, not that I know if he'd want to share it but hey, who knows! At least there'd be an option.

The story is more of a 5 (i hope no more than 5) part novel series. i'm hurrying to the get the first draft of each book completed- the first one is done, the second should be finished soon. Then when the drafts are finished comes the long process of many edits- and maybe taking some writing seminars to jazz up the editing. It's really too raw to post now, maybe when the editing is underway i can throw in a sample, just so no one throws up after reading it!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I can give you some feedback when you're ready, if you like.

I have a Master of Arts in Creative Writing.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Argeaux:
I can give you some feedback when you're ready, if you like.

I have a Master of Arts in Creative Writing.

That sounds cool, thanks. It will be awhile, though, probably after I'm done with the first editing.

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post