Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  General    A TXRD Roller Derby Scroller Gathering
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
A TXRD Roller Derby Scroller Gathering
 Login/Join 
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
yeah--but if that doesn't work out i think there are enough Austinite scrollers to taxi y'all to/from the airport whenever you get in/leave. my schedule is pretty flexible.

now what about the other Texas scrollers? y'all coming????

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Wooo Hoooo! We are going to have one Helluva good time! I feel I should plan a party. I shall! I haven't had a big blow out at the casa yet. Maybe I can even talk Dad into smoking a couple briskets and a few slabs of ribs.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to think of fun things to do while everyone is here. Here is what I have so far -

Sun Feb 11th - Rollerderby

Thurs Feb 15th - dinner at Threadgill's in honor of ROC's Bday

We could take a couple BBQ/sightseeing day trips.

I'm thinking this is a MUST.
February 1-18, 2007 - SPORTING EVENT - San Antonio: Stock Show & Rodeo. Features a family fair, carnival, livestock shows, rodeo and named entertainers. Location: SBC Center & Freeman-Coliseum Grounds. For more information visit www.sarodeo.com or call 210-225-5851. Region: South Texas Plains. Please mention this listing when inquiring. Held annually.

At least one movie at Alamo Draft House.

Maybe a day in San Antonio or even a day trip to Mexico (iffy given the current boarder situation)

(January 24) thru February 18, 2007 - FESTIVAL - Laredo: Washington's Birthday Celebration. One of the biggest and oldest celebrations of the first president's birthday. Celebrating since 1898. This event is a unique mixture of a Mexican fiesta and a Fourth of July celebration - an opportunity for everyone to experience 29 events in 25 fun-filled days in pleasant Laredo, TX. Activities include parades, pageants, street parties in Laredo and Nuevo Laredo, concerts, carnival, children's Fun Fest, fireworks, Jalapeno Festival and more. Call for times and costs. Location: Around the city of Laredo. Region: South Texas Plains. Average attendance: under 50,000. For more information, call 956-722-0589 or visit www.wbcalaredo.org. Please mention this listing when inquiring. Held annually around George Washington's Birthday. I've been down for this back in 98 or 99. What happens in Laredo, stays in Laredo.

Don't worry about transportation. I should be able to borrow Mom's Hoe and z%m's truck fits four comfortably (if your the size of l!l@ or z%m) Wink . That should get us all anywhere we need to go.

We should have more than enought to fill a week.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
TA-hoe

though it would be fun to see a load of scrollers on a backhoe

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
OOOH yay!! And and all of those things sound like they'd be great fun! I'm up for anything. I'm easy. (And, yes, please do let that get around... Wink )

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
cool..i'll alert the roller derby.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Is this little shin dig still on?

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
the derby bout is Feb 11....you coming Smirky? you want to crash at my place?

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
QB...okay Lori, the scroller formally known as QB...arrives from FL on the 10th.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
I'll be there. Thanks, zoomie.

I have a paid day off at work which I think would be right handy for Monday after, don't you?

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
right handy indeed.

the Feb. 11th bout will be the the Holy Rollers (featuring the enchanting Sister Mary Jane) [**pauses while Shawn swoons**] vs. Rhinestone Cowgirls (featuring the dreaded Honey Homicide).

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
I am just saying, I would love to see picks off what ever calamity you guys could do... Big Grin At this moment, being a swede is a minus. Razz

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
We promise to post pics of the debauchery! Any and all tree climbing evens will be fully documented. I'm sure at least one football will be thrown, and many wise cracks will be made. Xena Scrabble and Xena Mad Libs (lila stocked me up a while back Wink )

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post